PDA

View Full Version : I need help.

jenluckenbach
12-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I can't even find a way to begin. :(

Each year about this time I have been known to ask for donations for my rescue group to help with everything we need to help the kitties. I know that times are tough and so many other things take people's money, especially this year, with all the natural disasters around the globe, and how we all try to do a small part to help them. Because of that, I wanted to skip this year, so as not to burden your already empty wallets.

But as many of you know, I brought a foster cat into my home this summer who carried with him the ringworm fungus. :( And in spite of my valient efforts to control the spread, I have been unsuccessful. :(

At this moment I have 2 of my own cats that I am treating lesions on. I could live with that if that were the extent of it. But.........I recently found out that one of my fosters, who had gone on to his new forever home, was found to have this dreaded fungus. This baby was NOT showing any symptoms at my house, or I would have never have let him go. And he was never in direct contact with any cat who knowingly had lesions.

So, the bottom line is that I am going to need to treat each and every cat in this house AGAIN in hopes of killing it off once and for all. Not an inexpensive proposition.

Now, for the record, I would NEVER ask for money for myself.. Not under ANY circumstance. I simply would not be able to ask. It is not pride, I accept gifts graciously, but I could not ask. What I am asking is for donations to ONE BY ONE so that they are able to help me pay for the medicine that I need for both my fosters and my own cats.

So if anyone here would care to make a donation to my cat rescue group to help with anything: vet bills, food bills, housing costs, etc. then I could feel better about asking them to help pay for this "tragedy" in my home.

THANK YOU.

For paypal donations go to One by One cat rescue (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/1by1.html)

For checks, send to:
One By One cat rescue
PO Box 226
Kutztown, PA 19530.

My only other option, since I am financially unable to handle this alone, is to send back all my fosters AND the 5 cats whom I adopted through One by One and concentrate on the remaining 11. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Jen, I will put a check in the mail today. I would normally do Paypal so you get it quicker, but with a check they - and you - will get the benefit of ALL the money without Paypal deducting their fees.

catmandu
12-12-2005, 04:21 PM
I will have to see My Bank about getting a cheque in US Funds,but construction is going on,and it wont be until Saturday!

ratchet22
12-12-2005, 04:31 PM
I hope my little donation helped, You guys were there for us and I am here for you, let me know if I can help more,,,,

carrie

jenluckenbach
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
I would like to extend a sincere thanks to any and all donations, no matter how big or small.

I personally am having a very hard day after this news of my foster going to its new home with ringworm. I feel guilty, I feel overwhelmed, I feel angry and I feel hopeless.

But knowing people care, certainly helps to counterbalance some of those feelings.

Prairie Purrs
12-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Donation sent (with kisses to Rutherford).

catnapper
12-12-2005, 07:21 PM
I've told you numerous times how much I understand, even though I don't happen to have ringworm. You also know I can't donate right now, but I CAN come and help you scrub-a-dub-dub to get rid of that dastardly fungii!

jenluckenbach
12-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Thank you all. I was talking with Charlie today, and said it isn;t just the monetary help I appreciate, it is the moral support as well.

Kim, wanna bathe cats??

catnapper
12-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Kim, wanna bathe cats??
Ummm. no. I'll leave that to the professional!

AlleyCat
12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Made a little donation. I hope it helps! I know what it's like to be really tight. Up until last week I was sooo tight I was worried about x-mas, but things changed over the weekend and I now am doing a lot better, so I feel like I can do the same for someone else, especially in a situation like with all your kitties! Keep us posted on how they're doing. :)

rg_girlca
12-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Jen, I cannot tell you how sorry I am to hear the dilemma you are in right now. My heart goes out to you. I have never experienced ringworm and I pray I never will, as I can sense how horrible this is for all involved.

You definitely have my moral support and a check will be sent out tomorrow.

((((((HUGS))))))

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that the ringworm has spread. :( I'll be sending One By One a check tomorrow morning.

orangemm
12-13-2005, 04:07 AM
Count me in, too. This is the time of year (especially) to reach out and do something extra. My guys are healthy, so I am doubly blessed.

Hugs to you, Jen. (((((hugs)))))

(I put a check in the mail today [Tues])

orangemm
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
** bump **

rosethecopycat
12-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Sent a little something to help you, Jen.

Keep your spirits up.

Rose

jenluckenbach
12-14-2005, 05:44 AM
Sent a little something to help you, Jen.

Keep your spirits up.

Rose

THANKS.

Time seems to be moving in slow motion, here. :( I am waiting to have a consultation with the vet about exactly how I should handle this. And it seems like forever since I called in with my questions. Oh, for the record, the vet DID call me back, but unfortunatly I was not home yet to take the call......we are playing phone tag. :(

rosethecopycat
12-14-2005, 07:59 AM
I have some written protocols for cleaning after RW, but I think they all assume that you remove the cats from the infected area. where could you possibly move all your cats. I'm doubtful this can help you.

Good Luck talking with the vet.

jenluckenbach
12-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Rose, I'd like to see those cleaning protocols. I may not be able to do it exactly as they suggest, but the knowledge will be helpful.

K & L
12-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Checks in the mail. :)

rosethecopycat
12-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Rose, I'd like to see those cleaning protocols. I may not be able to do it exactly as they suggest, but the knowledge will be helpful.

I'll have to scan them in, sometime tomorrow, after my deadline.

:)

carole
12-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Jen I have no spare cash I am afraid, but i had a very small measly amount left in my paypal account, it is yours, not much but every bit will help, good luck with it all.

jenluckenbach
12-15-2005, 04:53 AM
Well, I talked to the vet. The liquid medicine is ordered but I still don't know what the total cost will be. And I spent last night combing the internet for the best price I could find to buy Program tablets. I ordered enough for 2 rounds of Program and it was $200.

When the liquid comes I need to dose ALL cats once a day for 4 weeks. I have several cats that will definitely be a problem. :( All I can hope is that those cats will eat it mixed in with a bit of food. It will be chicken flavored so hopefully they won't reject it.

slick
12-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Jen, I wish I could help out but I'm facing a really big vet bill myself right now. Please forgive me. All I can offer is my love and support. Email me if you need to talk. {{{hugs}}}

jenluckenbach
12-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Jen, I wish I could help out but I'm facing a really big vet bill myself right now. Please forgive me. All I can offer is my love and support. Email me if you need to talk. {{{hugs}}}

Thanks Slick, moral support is just as important. I wish I could help YOU, but now is a bad time. :(

jenluckenbach
12-16-2005, 01:39 PM
The medicines are ordered. Should arrive next week and then the longest month will begin. :( These cats better darned well be cooperative about taking their meds.

I'll keep you posted.

rg_girlca
12-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Jen, how I wish I was there to help you out with your situation in giving the medications to your kitties. But like Slick said, I can give you moral support and cyber ((((((HUGS))))).

rosethecopycat
12-16-2005, 02:09 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/rosethecopycat/Cleaning1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/rosethecopycat/Cleaning2.jpg

I have no idea if these are going to be legible.

You would qualify for the "serious cleaning"
:(