PDA

View Full Version : The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe

joanofark
12-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Has anyone seen it?

I saw it the day after it came out in our local theaters (yesterday)! For those who have not seen it, you should! It's a great movie!:) Some people said that it is kind of like Harry Potter. But this is a lot better (I don't like Harry)! Other people say its the Christian version of it. Which is really neat.:)

So what are your thoughts about it?:)

Edit- Here is the trailer:)

http://movies.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/chronicles_of_narnia_movie/trailer_extra_large

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh, oh, I'm going to see it with my youth group and pastor tonight!!:D I can't wait to see it, so I'll let you know how I like it Sarah!!:D;) I bet it's good!

carole
12-11-2005, 03:42 PM
I should go and see every movie made in NZ by a NZ producer to show my loyalty but I was not a Lord of the Rings fan, and never saw any of them, however I think Narnia looks good and I do hope to see it, believe it or not it is not even released here yet, shameful, eh? :D

Uabassoon
12-11-2005, 03:44 PM
I saw it on Friday, I really liked it. Alexa wasn't as impressed, she said she got bored during the middle of it. Both of us were big fans of the books when we were kids.

prechrswife
12-11-2005, 03:55 PM
We're going to see it tomorrow! :D

Cookiebaker
12-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Mark & I are gonna try and see it next Saturday afternoon! ;)

CagneyDog
12-11-2005, 06:31 PM
I can't wait to see it :D

joanofark
12-12-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm sure everyone will ike it! :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Oh, I saw it last night, and it was SOOO good!!!!:D I love the animation, and how they made the movie brief to the point you never got bored!;) It kept to the book too for the most part, and I was impressed. But yes, I'd give it two thumbs up!!:D;)

JenBKR
12-12-2005, 10:07 AM
I vaguely remember liking the book when I was little. I do want to see the movie. It is supposed to have Christian undertones, something about the lion (I think) represents Jesus and it is a battle of good vs. evil. I know a lot of people in my church are going to see it next weekend. I hope to go see it soon too. :)

lv4dogs
12-12-2005, 10:16 AM
I want to see that soooo bad! But 'm not going to see it yet, I'm going to wait and buy the dvd when it comes out.

crazy_caique
12-12-2005, 10:24 AM
I can't wait to see it.My cuz saw it and said it was good.I collect unicorns so I can wait to see the unicorns in the movie.I don't like movie theathers but I will buy it on DVD when it comes out. :)

ramanth
12-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Took my mom to see it and we enjoyed the movie. :D Wish more people were turned into stone though. *laughs*

Husky_mom
12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
i watched it this weekend, i really liked it, i wish i had a wardrobe like that :p

we had a funny scene in the theatre, we took my kid since we had no babysitter, so, when edmond(i dont know if they used the same name for english version) asked the witch for more candies and she said yelling NO! my kid yelled back ME NEITHER!! and all the theatre laughed! so funny!

king2005
12-12-2005, 12:42 PM
I want to see it. I'm hoping Rob will take me to see it, as he said no, we'll rent it.. But I find whinning helps change his mind at times :D

joanofark
12-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I added the trailer!:)

carole
12-12-2005, 05:42 PM
It has been now released in NZ, not sure if i will go to the movies or wait for it out on video, I have two free movie tickets, but want to use them wisely, as I don't often get the privilige to go to the movies. :)

vinjashira
12-16-2005, 06:09 AM
saw it on wednesday - it's a good film

I like the wolfdogs but too bad they were the bad guys in that movie

Karen
12-16-2005, 07:12 AM
I haven't seen it yet but will, so won't read the other replies, just in case! I loved loved loved loved the whole book series when I was a kid. I had read the first one - The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, on which this movie is based, and didn't discover until a couple yers later that there were MORE! I am looking forward to seeing the movie.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I saw it saturday. I loved it!
I know it's a kids movie, but I think it would have been a little better if it had been made to be PG13. There was no blood when anyone was stabbed.

crazy_caique
12-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I had read the first one - The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, on which this movie is based

The lion the witch and the wardrobe is the second book in the series everone thinks it's the first but the magician's nephew is first.I learned this to a few years ago.My favorite is the last book The Last Battle

Karen
12-16-2005, 05:18 PM
I know that technically The Magician's Nephew is the first book, but *I* read TheLtW&tW first, so it is "first" to me!

dogzr#1
12-16-2005, 05:36 PM
I saw it yesterday and I loved it! I mean the computer graphics were wonderful. It looked as if Azlan was real. For anyone debating to see it I would recommend that you do go see it. I give it two thumbs WAY up.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-16-2005, 06:31 PM
The lion the witch and the wardrobe is the second book in the series everone thinks it's the first but the magician's nephew is first.I learned this to a few years ago.My favorite is the last book The Last Battle

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was actually the first book C.S. Lewis wrote for the Chronicles of Narnia. The Magican's Nephew came later as prequel. So the order they were written and the order that the books happen are different. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was the first written, but yes as far as the order in which the events happen The Magican's Nephew was first.

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-17-2005, 12:46 PM
I saw it saturday. I loved it!
I know it's a kids movie, but I think it would have been a little better if it had been made to be PG13. There was no blood when anyone was stabbed.

Yeah, that may have made it a little better...'course, I'm used to watching movies like Lord of the Rings, so yeah...;)

sasvermont
12-19-2005, 12:46 PM
And just loved it. I took two young boys, ages 9 and 11, adding to the excitement for sure. It was just great! I would see it again, for sure!