PDA

View Full Version : Dog of the Day - Waiting list?

Emma & Poppy
12-11-2005, 02:03 PM
I sent Poppy's pictures and details of and I was wondering how long does it take until she'll get up onto the site (if she is selected)? :o

Jessika
12-11-2005, 02:12 PM
I dunno but I was wondering the same thing, if there is a certain "time period" after which we can submit pics again?

Miss Z
12-11-2005, 02:15 PM
When i submitted Zsa-Zsa for COTD, it was about 7 months until she actually got on. I think your supposed to receive an e-mail if the pet is selcted, but i never got one.

Karen
12-11-2005, 04:33 PM
There is no set time. Be sure your nomination is complete, and you have a good, clear, color photo. Not one with ears cut off, feet cut off, or whatever. Also include more than a sentance about why your pet is special - in fact, feel free to go on and on - the more, the better.

It is not "first come, first served" or anything, we choose pets about a week in advance, and try to notify people ahead of time when their pet is chosen for a particular day.

It is frustrating when someone's notification email gets bounced back to us, so also be sure to use a good email address, and if you are an AOL user, for example, don't have your email set to block all non-AOL addresses.

And if you feel you have found or taken a better photo, for example, you can always send that inat any time, just tell me you've previously sent a nomination, and from what email address, so I can match it up correctly! Other than that, you don't need to re-send a nomination, we keep them all.

Kfamr
12-12-2005, 01:17 PM
My Kiara is on the waiting list. :)

gemini9961
12-12-2005, 04:15 PM
I sent Sadie's in a while ago. I hope she's on the list. :)

Flatcoatluver
12-12-2005, 04:20 PM
t.j had like a month i think, i send zoey's i hope she is on the list!!!

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I sent Maggy's and Sammy's pictures back in March. I hope they're on the waiting list. :)

caseysmom
12-14-2005, 10:42 AM
I sent Caseys over a year ago, I have given up :(

mcbunch
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi,

We don't post much and I don't have any of those fancy sig lines..
but, I was wondering. I have submitted a story and pic a couple of times
about our dog Charley. Is there someone here I can send it to that might
tell me what I could do to make it better. I think the story is great, but
the picture may need work. He is solid black and very hard to get a
good picture of. I thought it was fine, but am probably biased... ;) .

Thank you for any advise. I don't want to continue submitting and annoy
anyone, yet...I want to keep tryin'.

Enjoy your wonderful day (and pets!)
Sarah (and Charley)

Flatcoatluver
01-04-2006, 06:04 PM
I can enhance it and stuff can you private msg me the pics?

mcbunch
01-04-2006, 06:07 PM
I would love to email it to you. My addy is [email protected]
Just give me your address. I see your Zoey is black and he looks great.

Thank you again!
Sarah

Flatcoatluver
01-04-2006, 06:09 PM
oh thanks sometimes i do have to enhance the pictures but that what the program is for . I know it difficult to tak pictures of black dogs specially inside

ramanth
01-05-2006, 08:48 AM
I think I submitted Kia in August when I joined and she was DOTD in April of 2002. :)

I sent in Zam and Logan awhile back (October, I think), so I hope they made the waiting list.

I'm going to send in the Thing's bios soon. I just wanted to wait until I knew their sex. :o :rolleyes: :D

cali
01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
I sent in a bunch of my dogs around 3 years ago and none were ever chosen, I gave up hope and entered Happy again the other day :p

slleipnir
01-07-2006, 12:32 AM
I sent mine in atleast a year or more ago. I gave up on it.

Almita
01-08-2006, 02:14 PM
i sent one for muneca in august and chiquita this month i hope they are still on waiting list

Daisy and Delilah
01-09-2006, 07:01 PM
I know someone(an elderly couple)that submitted their doggie's pic and story to DOTD a few months ago. His name is Pepper and he's a standard Schnauzer from Deland, Florida. They are such a nice couple and the wife is in a wheel chair due to amputation many years ago. I would love to see Pepper get DOTD honors and it would make them so happy. Pepper is their whole life :)

Nomilynn
01-11-2006, 03:54 AM
I sent in a profile for Bassett ages ago, when she was still alive. It actually broke my heart that she was never chosen because she was a very special kitty to me and to a lot of people on this site.

I just completely gave up on it.

pitc9
01-16-2006, 09:59 AM
I sent in a picture and bio when I joined in July of 2003 and mine have not yet been selected.

animal_rescue
01-17-2006, 05:03 PM
I sent mine in for my horse, Sis, when she was still alive, that was probably in 2004. I also gave up on it..

captain
01-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Just look at all the people who have posted here, who are part of the board ..... and imagine how many other people have submitted who may never be part of the board.

Don't give up .......... I think you should just re-submit once a year ....... until you get selected. :D

As for the pics .... I know I submitted my Captain boy, and our Mayor kindly emailed me and said ....."don't you have his feet hidden somewhere?". So I withdrew and am waiting for the day I get that perfect, beautiful shot to re-submit.

So Karen, beware ...........:D

BC_MoM
01-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, just re-submit. I sent Mickey's first entry in February 2005.. then again in June 2005 and he was chosen on October 3, 2005. :D Just a day before his gotcha day!

dab_20
03-20-2006, 09:56 PM
You know what I noticed? Every time there is a DOTD I have no clue who owns that dog or anything. Can people who don't have an account on PT submit their dog?

Karen
03-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Yes. Anyone anywhere who has a pet is allowed to submit their animals for PetoftheDay.com, DogoftheDay.com and CatoftheDay.com. Those sites existed long before Pet Talk!

dab_20
03-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Yes. Anyone anywhere who has a pet is allowed to submit their animals for PetoftheDay.com, DogoftheDay.com and CatoftheDay.com. Those sites existed long before Pet Talk!

Oh! Thanks for telling me.

anna_66
03-21-2006, 03:30 PM
I say never be discouraged. There has to be thousands of people who submit their pets, me included and we've never been chosen either. It must be a very hard decision for our wonderful moderators (either that or luck of the draw!).
We all have very special animals to us and there are only so many days in a year! So be patient and you just might be next;):D

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I first submitted Tango's almost 2 years ago and just sent one again a couple weeks ago but I do understand that there are probably tons of dogs submitted everyday so I'm not discouraged in the least.

Nomilynn
03-28-2006, 12:37 AM
I might not get discouraged if I knew how things were chosen. I know that I submitted pictures before people on here even OWNED pets they have submitted and were chosen. I don't think the choice process is fair.