PDA

View Full Version : What are your dream pets?(please be realistic)

crazy_caique
12-11-2005, 09:44 AM
mine are:
Senegal Parrot:D
Pembrooke Welsh Corgi :D
Another Female Cat:D

Miss Z
12-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Well, any pet, but i'd really love to have a horse!:D

areias
12-11-2005, 12:21 PM
-A Morgan horse
-a sun conure
-a doberman
-an aussie
-a red oscar (fish)

CathyBogart
12-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Her...

http://www.rocketdogrescue.org/pages/adoptioncenter23.htm

If she is still available when I move in May, I WILL find pit-friendly housing and she will come home with me. (Assuming the rescue approves me)

Allecto
12-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Most of my dream pets are different kinds of rare and exotic snakes... Aesculapian rat snakes and axanthic ball pythons and others.

I would also love to own one of the mastiff breeds I love, like Mastiffs, bullmastiffs, Dogue de Bordeaux, and Neopolitans. Other dogs I would love to own include Saint Bernards, Scottish Deerhounds, pugs, great pyrenees, Kuvasz... really, more breeds than I could reasonably expect to live long enough to own!

I've always wanted and african gray, too, but I am not sure about venturing into the parrot world.

Uabassoon
12-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I would really like to have a greyhound someday. I've also always wanted a hedgehog.

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-11-2005, 05:24 PM
I'd love to have:

- many, many more Tollers!
- Kooikerhondje
- Dalmatian (liver)

ETA....

I'd also love to have:

- Emerald male Betta

cali
12-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Tollers
more Border collies
an Icelanic Horse
more Bunnys
a macaw of any type.

wolfie
12-11-2005, 06:28 PM
as soon as I move out I want a cat
and in a few years, I'd like another dog

both from the pound. :)

Alysser
12-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Dogs:
GSD
Aussie
Dobermen
Pit
Greyhound
Corgi
Dachsund
Terrier
MANCHESTER TERRIER!
Cats:
Manecoons
Fish:
Eel
OTHER:
Ferret
Hedgehog
snake
frog

.sarah
12-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Great Dane, no doubt. I want one SO bad!

I'd also like a cat, but my parents don't like them so it will have to wait until I move out. I'd like to own goats and chickens, too, but these aren't dream pets. Great Dane is the only dream pet to me :D

Chilli
12-11-2005, 06:59 PM
-green iguana
-snakes
-rats
-llamas
-Ornate Horned Frog
That was the shortest I could narrow it down to. The real list goes on and on.

EDIT: I forgot to mention a scorpion and a tarantula. :D

Suki Wingy
12-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Being realistic: I will probably get them in about 3 years, If everything works out perfectly I might be getting or at least shareboarding a horse (most likley from CANTER N. IL) this summer or fall
Liver Dalmatian
ex racing Thoroughbred (Z Me Zip [4rd to last on the page http://www.canterusa.org/illinois/sale/trainerlistings.htm ]
She's going to be in an auction this month though! :( I like them all, I am even starting to like chestnut horses (I used to think the color was the uglyest thing on 4 legs, even though I knew some sweet chestnuts)

tikeyas_mom
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I would love to have a couple more reptiles (boas, and beardies).. maybe a green cheek conure ;)

crazy_caique
12-12-2005, 12:27 PM
what is a toller?I have never heard that before.I see it on a few of your dream pets list.

Suki Wingy
12-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver. A fairly new breed to the AKC that is used to splash around in the water and bring the ducks closer, "toll the ducks"

Flatcoatluver
12-12-2005, 12:40 PM
I'd love to get a couple more english setters and flat-coated retrievers
a west highland white terrier and a yorkie
a cat from a humane society
some mallards
some betas
pherret
rabbit
chickens
a horse
llama
cows

crazy_caique
12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver. A fairly new breed to the AKC that is used to splash around in the water and bring the ducks closer, "toll the ducks"

Thank You

k9krazee
12-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Dogs:
Yellow Lab - from my Aunt (she breeds them) I have wanted one of her puppies for ages and hopefully in the near future I will be able to get one.
Thats the only dog I want for now ;)

But the list could go on...I know someday I want a (all rescues...) Standard Poodle, Newfy, More Rotties, Great Pyr, Border collie (and/or Aussie) and any mutt that happens to find his way into my heart.

I really really want a Nigerian Dwarf Goat but its not really realistic for the future, I will be in college for the next 4+ years and won't be able to get one anyway :(

buttercup132
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
the dogs would go on forever but my most are...
DOGS: chinese crested, great dane, english bull dog, black lab, a afghan hound ,and a english bull terrier, and a pit bull
and other pets are: ferret, an english angora.hairless rat, tortise, and cockatoo!! :D

Hannah-Lily
12-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Now what would I like...........

- Irish Setter
- Golden Retriever
- Saluki
- Whippet
- Newfoundland
- Dalmatian (black spots)
- Lurcher or if not Greyhound
- cross breed (not sure what kind)

also

- Scarlet Macaw
- Dutch Rabbits (especially black ones !!!!!)
- Clownfish & some other marine fish to go with them
- pony sort of 13.2hh size
- Falabella
- Icelandic pony
- maybe a few guinea-pigs

i think that is it there is more these are my dream list but its endless !!!!

Horse Lover
12-15-2005, 06:25 AM
:) Well I have always wanted...
A Tennesse Walking Horse
A German Sheperd dog
An African Grey Parrot
Hermit Crab
Ferret
Chinchilla
HedgeHog
:D :D :D

ramanth
12-15-2005, 08:50 AM
A horse
A Brazilian Rainbow Boa
A Columbian Red Tailed Boa

And all the dogs, cats, and crested geckos I can handle. :D

CathyBogart
12-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Most of my dream pets are different kinds of rare and exotic snakes... Aesculapian rat snakes and axanthic ball pythons and others.

You reminded me of some others....I would LOVE to have a Leucistic Hognose snake and a white-sided bullsnake. The bullsnake is a pretty realistic dream but the leucistic hog is going to be very slow in coming down in price I think...

Allecto
12-15-2005, 01:00 PM
You reminded me of some others....I would LOVE to have a Leucistic Hognose snake and a white-sided bullsnake. The bullsnake is a pretty realistic dream but the leucistic hog is going to be very slow in coming down in price I think...
I think the tricolored hogs are the prettiest. White-sided bulls are very cool looking.

DogLover9501
12-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Dogs:
A Rottweiler is mainly my dream pet.

Cats:
Ragdoll

Other:
More Beardies
African grey parrot
I also love ferrets and other small animals.

CathyBogart
12-15-2005, 01:43 PM
I think the tricolored hogs are the prettiest. White-sided bulls are very cool looking.

I had a pair of tricolored hogs in my care for some time....they both starved themselves to death despite my best efforts and help from some people much more knowledgeable than I. That pretty much killed any desire to have them again, but they are lovely.

lv4dogs
12-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh my gosh where do I begin? lol I'd have to win the lottery and probably have to live a couple lives to own all of my dream animals. lol

Dogs:
Another Rott.
Another Aussie
Husky
Great Dane
English Pointer
Boston Terrier
Border Collie
and mutts

Cats:
Ragdoll
Siamese
and mixes

snakes (especially a hognose & corn snake)
lizards (especially a bearded dragon and crested gecko)
birds (parakeet, cockatoo & african grey)
goats (especially a pigmy & a nubian)
more ferrets
horses
cows
rabbit (especially a french lop)
guinea pig
rooster

I will however most likey have 1-3 of those animals within the next 3 or so years.

Suki Wingy
12-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh, and I forgot to add that any horse I have has to be at SMALLEST 15.3 hh, preferably 16.1+ because I'm pretty tall, and I don't like riding short horses.

Giselle
12-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Dogs

-Show Pekingeses. I would rescue, but my goal is to have a kennel of my own. Ahh if only if only...

-More Greyhounds

-Borzoi/Silken Windhound

Exotic birds

-Patagonian Conure. These guys are so ugly, they're absolutely GORGEOUS ;) Their size is so manageable and a greyt next step up, but not as hard to take care of as macaws.

If I *could*, I would get a greyt, white Andalusian or nice mahogany colored Morgan.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Lots of cats, no matter what breed they are :)

king2005
12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
I already have my big evil fish & a snapping turtle, so I just need a dog & a few freaky bugs & I'll be happy