PDA

View Full Version : Victoria, pics especially for you LisaKuhio98...

carole
12-10-2005, 03:49 PM
At last i have some pics to share of the neighbours kitty I had spayed, here she is in the back shed , she had the kitten then and before she was spayed, the inside pic is after and when i was looking after her,she was let out on the third day, had become a real lovebug to me, then she went back to the kitten, while i was saying goodbye to a friend, she took bubs and i have no idea where he is now, she is scared of me again, and hisses at me, I suspect because of bubs, but I am a little dis-heartened , it also makes my plans very difficult now to spay the other mama who is feeding bubs, as I cannot feed bubs as I have no idea where he is now, they are still popping over for some feeds now and then, but she has shifted back to that horrible home.

First pic she is growling at me, there is a bubby in there, but not sure you can see him.

You can probably see how painfully thin this little girl is. :( but isn't she a pretty tortie girl, what kind of tortie is she? i am curious.

I am afraid she is not destined to have the best of lives, but at least she will not have any more babies and she is better off than a feral stray, i have to tell myself that, so that i can live with it, otherwise i will go crazy, as it eats away at me, seeing this darling girl living it rough in comparison to my kitties, i just wish she could have it better as well.

poofy
12-10-2005, 06:41 PM
she really is a beauty, I hope you find the baby... :(

kuhio98
12-11-2005, 09:01 AM
carole ~ Thanks for posting the pictures of the Kiwi kitties. I will print them out and put them in the 3-ring binder we started a few years ago. Thanks to you and Melissa, these kitties will have a better future.

moosmom
12-11-2005, 11:03 AM
What Kuhio98 said!! If it weren't for you and Melissa, they'd still be in dire straits!! Great pictures! They both look sweet.

carole
12-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Lisa I will try and get a pic of the one I named Zara, she is a very pretty girl, but sadly is basically feral, had no human touch that I know of, she is a clever wee one that one, and she is getting fed really well, because she is on to it now, I just have to go upstairs , call her from the window and she comes running from next door, the others just sit there, silly kitties, so she is getting most of the food, i try later to see that Vicky gets some extra, but I cannot always assure that, the owner does feed them, but not a hellava lot judging by Vickys thin body and knowing it myself, Zara is feeding bubs so she needs the extra anyhow, she loves the petmilk i give her which has extra nutrients in it for nursing mothers, I feel if she gets left behind, she will become my third kitty, although she will be outside permanently, I am not going to let her starve and will provide some shelter, if only she could be someone's pet because she is so darn cute.

I think they might be getting too well fed now lol, as Vicky turned her nose up at the food last night, but Zara came and got some, i feed them on the fence which adjoins the properties around the corner to me, was still some left over, I can only afford the cheaper brands, but that is what they were getting fed anyhow, still my friend Louise gave me the petmilk and some better brand biscuits purina and optimum for them , so they should be fine now.

I think i am going to have to leave Zara at least another two weeks before i trap her, because she is feeding bubs, and now they have hidden bubs,I cannot find him to feed him for the day she gets done, and a whole day without anything would be too long for a baby, he will then be at least four weeks old and hopefully i can nab him for the shelter, i cannot risk taking her away if she is the only one feeding him now, as I do not know if Victoria came back into milk, silly kitty won't let me near her now, even though she was all snuggled up on my lap previously, I think it is because of the kitten, she is being protective,her wound looks nice and clean though,got close enough to see that,but she does not look full there like the nursing mama, or her teats big like Zara, i was just worried about her raspy throat, that is why i kept her here for three days inside, the weather is damp right now in NZ, but very humid, so not cold, kinda tropical really.

Unfortunately Zara may get in kitten between times, i have seen the stray tom around who has probably fathered most of the kittens I would say, but that is the risk i have to take, I guess if it is early enough on they will abort them, not that i would like that, but what else can one do.

Anyway that is the uppydate on the kiwi kitties , and Lisa don't forget the huge contribution and part you played in all this, without you it would not have been possible. :)