PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for the scare of the day?!?

Kirsten
12-10-2005, 12:09 PM
http://www.catmom.de/pix/peggy107.jpg

I know, you haven't seen little Peggy for a while, and now she's back with this not very lady-like picture! LOL

BTW, looking at her pic, I think her teeth are looking bad, and her gums seems to be inflamed. How can an 8 months old kitten's oral hygiene be so bad? She's eating lots of dry food, so it cannot be the food. My girls' teeth are looking much better, even Luna's who is 5 years old.

Well, here's a cuter picture of Peggy today:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/peggy108.jpg

Kirsten

Soapets
12-10-2005, 12:33 PM
OMG! :eek: What a SCAREY picture that is! :D I'm glad you decided to post the second one, too, so we'd know that Peggy is really NOT that scarey all the time!

I'll have to check Shadow's and Annie's teeth and gums, as they are 9 months and 8 months old, respectively. I just can't believe how fast our babies grow up! :eek: Now THAT's what's REALLY scarey! :eek: ;) :D

Deb

Randi
12-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Aww Peggystein, you do look scary on the first photo, but on the next, I can see what a pretty girl you are. :)

Kirsten, you're right, her gums look quite red. :( Does se have a bad breath too? You can some medicine to give her for about 10 days - I'll see if I can find the name of it, that should take care of her gums. Fister has had it a few times, and it really helped. :)

Kirsten
12-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Randi, I didn't notice a bad breath on her, but I'll check that out the next time I see her. I will check her mouth, too. Sometimes things look worse in photos than they do in reality.

But if Peggy was my cat, I would take her to the vet, but I know my mother won't let me. :(

Peggy is 8 months old, which means she has these teeth for only 3 or 4 months - they shouldn't look like that!!

Kirsten

Sonia59
12-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Wow Peggy, it's nice to see you again pretty lady! :)

The first picture is amazing :eek:

kimlovescats
12-10-2005, 02:03 PM
After my initial scare and then giggle, I noticed her teeth as well. I think maybe a vet check is in order ... she might already need a good cleaning?

CUTE PICS Miss Peggy! :D

catmandu
12-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Wow!
That Picture would scare a Pit Bull!
And Cats can have bad teeth when they are young.
John Hancock lost his teeth,a few yeras ago.
A cleaning now may prevent tooth loss down the road.
I would try and impress this on your Mother.
As the Old Oil Filter ad went,You can pay me now,or pay me later.

LoudLou
12-10-2005, 05:15 PM
:eek: http://bestsmileys.com/lol/21.gif Are those your tonsils?! ;)

Kirsten
12-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Are those your tonsils?!

LOL Actually I think it's amazing that you don't see her tonsils in this picture! :)

I think maybe a vet check is in order ...

Kim, if she was my cat, I would take her to the vet, but I'm afraid my mother won't listen to me -as usual. :( But I will suggest a vet visit nonetheless....

Kirsten

momcat
12-11-2005, 01:41 PM
How nice to see you again, pretty miss Peggy! My, you are growing so fast. Your first picture is sooo scary, I didn't even know it was you. But the second picture lets all of us see how beautiful you really are. You have been missed here on PT, Peggy, hope to see you again very, very soon! Groucho and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

elizabethann
12-11-2005, 01:49 PM
LOL. Funny!!!

Randy_K
12-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Some cats just have bad teeth. You may have to regularly brush her teeth to keep her healthy. There's cat toothpaste and the little finger brushes that make the whole effort relatively easy.

QueenScoopalot
12-11-2005, 04:32 PM
That's quite the yawn! :eek: :eek: :eek: Peggy may have bartonella which can be cleared with a round of antibiotics. Other cat bugs can also cause gum inflammations too, but can't think right now. Another possibility is genetics. If she were born to a mom with a crummy diet, and multiple litters, the offspring can be prone to gum diseases at an early age. Maybe if you told your mom that bartonella is contagious to humans, she would take the Peggy to the vets?? :confused:Just a thought..though not likely to be true lol!