PDA

View Full Version : I need some help finding a toy.

PJ's Mom
12-09-2005, 11:56 PM
(I'm trying to stay away from Ebay if possible.)

I'm looking for a good/mint condition Teddy Ruxpin doll for one of my kids. Does anyone know where I can find one. This would be a HUGE surprise, but since they were made in the mid 80's, it's really hard to find one that looks good and works.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

finn's mom
12-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I had to find a Krusty the Klown doll once for a present, and, the only place I had any luck was on Ebay. That's the first thing I thought of.

dukedogsmom
12-10-2005, 12:44 AM
There are a lot of them on Ebay. Why do you not want one from there?

PJ's Mom
12-10-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm just afraid it won't make it here in time. ;)

finn's mom
12-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Was that bit about staying away from Ebay on there at the beginning? Sorry, I totally didn't see that. :/

Vette
12-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Have you tried going to any Antique stores in your area?
maybe even secnod hand stores?

youd be surpised at what you can find in second hand stores..LOL

catnapper
12-10-2005, 05:30 AM
Oh man, my kids had one as of 6 months ago, when we cleaned out the attic. :o He was in perfect shape, and we sold him at the yard sale for $5 or something equally disgusting!

PJ's Mom
12-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Aw. I guess it's not something people think to keep too often. ;)

Uabassoon
12-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Aw. I guess it's not something people think to keep too often. ;)

I still have mine :) When I was a kid my mom would store all of my nicer toys when I had outgrown them. I'm so thankful that she did. I still have Teddy Ruxpin, my carebears, rainbow bright. All those toys that are now retro and popular again I still have.

PJ's Mom
12-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Interested in selling it? :D

I have found a couple on Ebay, but I don't want to run the risk of it not getting here, or of it being dirty or broken. I was hoping to find it in a store somewhere.

Karen
12-10-2005, 12:39 PM
You can still get one from eBay if Laura doesn't want to part with hers - just check the seller's ranking and comments first!

finn's mom
12-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Yeah, you could always order it from Ebay...and, make sure there's a return clause...just keep your eye open and get one if you see it some other place or whatever...but, just in case, you'll at least have one on the way...that way, if it doesn't get here in time and you find it elsewhere, you can return it.

But, I've always gotten stuff quickly from Ebay.