PDA

View Full Version : Computer Crashed

Oggyflute
12-09-2005, 11:48 PM
G'day all,
I've been absent the past few weeks, as not only am I busy, but my computer crashed and burned. :( I lost everything, a huge recipie file, that I had been collecting for years, but worse, I also lost all the pics of the kids. :( I was fortunate that I had already completed my business management course as those files all went as well. The only pics I have are the ones on photbucket, which is a fraction of what I did have. :( I am now on a computer I grabbed from work, when we upgraded our system, so at least I'm back on line. It took me near a week to load up my software.
Work is absolutely manic at the moment. We are having 30+ deg C days, and everyones pool is the most important thing in the world and just must be fixed immeadiately :rolleyes: . Good news is I scored a little 3K bonus, so must be doing something right. :)
Will definitly try and get on more, though it will be a tad difficult till after xmas.
Here are a couple of pics that were saved in my camera. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/oggyflute/100_4280.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/oggyflute/100_4279.jpg

finn's mom
12-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Oh, Trev! That's heartbreaking, I'm so sorry you lost all of those memories and pictures and recipes. :( I've been wondering how you are, and, I'm glad to hear that you seem to be in high spirits, despite the computer problem. That really sucks, though. I've missed you in here, I want you to know. And, it's lovely to see at least two of your pretty babies.

dukedogsmom
12-10-2005, 12:16 AM
It's good to hear from you! I am really sorry to hear about your computer. That would be heartbreaking. I've got all my pics backed up on cd. My last computer did the same thing and I lost some stuff. Good to see you back, though. We'll look forward to some new pics. I'll have to look up one of my favorite recipes to give you.

cloverfdx
12-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Oh Trevor that is terrible :(. Good to hear from you though, i hope everyone is well and have a lovely Christmas and New year.

Vette
12-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Awww!!!! :(

i know how you feel about loseing your fuzbucekts pictures..
as i did something stupid and lost ever picture and video and recordings i had on my disk.. but luckily i had all my favorite pictues uploaded to ImageShack.. but ill never get those videos and recordings back. :(

Daisy and Delilah
12-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Hi Trev!! WOW, that's horrible. We've really missed you guys and we're just happy you've checked in. Kisses to the kids and we hope we see more of you all soon :D

Way to go with the bonus :D $$$$$

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Oh no Trevor, that is the worst that could happen!! I would just die if I loose all my pics :eek: :( . For this reason, I burn all my pics on CD's, month per month. That way, they cannot get lost again... :)
I had noticed that you were not on PT for quite some time; just thought you were to busy....

k9krazee
12-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Oh Trev!! Its good to hear from you again!! Sorry about the pics and the recipes though, :( thats too bad. I lost all of Micki and Mini's baby pictures the same way :( But I am glad you checked in!!

poofy
12-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Sorry for your lose, that is so terriable, I have had that happen and now keep 2 harddrives on my computer one for storage and the other with widows..the storage one is not affected by crashes..I have a 40 gig with windows and the 120 gig for strage of my stuff, and i also burn all off on to cds, of course finding the cd you want after doing it for years is..lol..lol...
Love your puppers so adorable..

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/ilusa11.jpg :)

Corinna
12-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Welcome back Thursdays sure missed you.

anna_66
12-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Well I've been wondering where you wandered off to;)

I'm soooo sorry to hear about your computer and all the things you lost, it must have been heartbreaking. Just one of the reasons I transfer all my pics and things to CD each month.

The kids of course are as adorable as ever!

Hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas!!!

Jessika
12-10-2005, 12:21 PM
See that's the only thing I'm afraid of losing if my computer ever dies -- my pictures!! I can replace songs, I can replace programs, but I can never replace my images!! That's why I love Zoto.com so much because I can back up virtually every single one of my images!!

Anyway I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, though. It's happened to me all too many times before and its heartbreaking every time it does!! :(

Ginger's Mom
12-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Glad to hear from you, Trev. I have thought about you and was hoping that you were gone for good reasons, sorry to hear it was because your computer crashed. The girls are looking as lovely as ever. :) Glad to hear about the bonus, but hope that you get some time off so that you can enjoy your holidays.

lizbud
12-10-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry you lost so much data. Do you know what caused the crash?
My computer also crashed & died about a week ago but didn't lose anything.
My proplem was accumulated spyware and keyboard that shorted out. :(

Glad your back. I loved the recipes that you shared. :)

chocolatepuppy
12-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Sorry you lost all of your pics. :( Good to see you back! :)

Oggyflute
12-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Thanks everyone. :) I'm determined to buy a real good one in the new year. I feel an after Christmas sale hunt coming on! :D