PDA

View Full Version : I saw actual Jiffy Pop

rosethecopycat
12-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I saw Jiffy Pop popcorn at Target. I thought that this was long off the market.

What other products do you remember that are long gone.

Carnation Breakfast Bars
Tang
Koogle
Space Sticks
Pink Panther Cereal

Can anyone verify or not?

smokey the elder
12-10-2005, 07:44 AM
I think Tang still exists. Old products I remember include Great Shakes (a milkshake mix), Space Food Sticks (vile! :D ), Stax cereal.

.sarah
12-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Tang is still being made! We thought it was gone too, but we found it at Wal-Mart a few months ago and have been buying it ever since.

sirrahbed
12-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Back in the 70's, there was an instant pudding that came in small cups. I think it was called "shake-a-pudding" ;)

How about the little wax coke bottle shapes that had colored sweet drink in them?

Necco candies, fruit stripe gum.....

Corinna
12-10-2005, 10:42 AM
I loved the space sticks. The food astronauts ate! The 7up candy bar I loved those . There is a book out now about missing candy bars its really good this candy addict travels around trying to locate the different ones.
I can't remember the name I will look for it and add it .
Candyfreck: a journey in to the chocolote underbelly of America. By Steve Almond You guys would love it.

rosethecopycat
12-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Back in the 70's, there was an instant pudding that came in small cups. I think it was called "shake-a-pudding" ;)

How about the little wax coke bottle shapes that had colored sweet drink in them?

Necco candies, fruit stripe gum.....

I think the wax bottles are available at Cracker Barrel. They have a lot of old timey candy.

But what about cereals?

I'm over 40, and my favorite was Pink Panther cereal. Turned the milk pink.
(gross).

Also, there were some TV dinners that I remember...something to do with pirates....

I think that the Space Sticks were gross, but I sure ate alot of them in the 70's (during a cross country trip) Money was tight, and we were only allotted one Carnation Breakfast bar a day, the rest had to be Space Sticks. Peanut butter.....chocolate....vanilla..... (they were about as pallatable as diet soft drinks back then)

finn's mom
12-10-2005, 12:49 PM
This wasn't an old product, but, something that isn't offered anymore. It wasn't offered for very long, and, I never found out why. But, Godiva, in the last few years, started making ice cream. My favorite was Ivory Chocolate Chip. Oh, man it was awesome. But, for the longest time, they haven't offered that flavor. I don't think I even saw it available for even a full year. Hm. This thread is fun, though...

rosethecopycat
12-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I did see a commercial for a new Godiva ice cream, one with a hard shell of chocolate on the top. Tempting.....very tempting.....car keys.....where?

Daisy and Delilah
12-10-2005, 07:04 PM
The 7up candy bar I loved those

Thanks Corinna! I loved that candy bar too. Didn't it have 7 different types of candy in the bar?

Uabassoon
12-10-2005, 07:05 PM
I used to love Astro Pops as a kid, I don't think they make them anymore.

Corinna
12-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Yes seven different bites in chocolate. I loved the orange and raspberry. S
Astro pops yeah they took them off to protect us from our selves the point hurt too many kids :rolleyes:

Uabassoon
12-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Astro pops yeah they took them off to protect us from our selves the point hurt too many kids :rolleyes:

I know for a while they reversed it and put the wide end at the top and the sharp point towards the bottom of the stick.

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/acatalog/37.jpg

rosethecopycat
12-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't know of these Astro Pops.

What about the orange creamsicle thingys that the bottom pushed up, like a caulk gun. They had a pointed stick coming out of them too.

finn's mom
12-10-2005, 08:43 PM
I don't know of these Astro Pops.

What about the orange creamsicle thingys that the bottom pushed up, like a caulk gun. They had a pointed stick coming out of them too.

They were called Push-Ups. Yummy. I thought they still made them...I'm going to check next time I'm in the grocery store. I love those!

QueenScoopalot
12-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Neat thread Rose! Sirrabed..Necco Wafers are still being manufactured right here in Mass! I always heard a rumor about the (black?) wafers in a dark room would spark when snapped.... :confused: Here's a neat link I found about all that sugary cavity making crud we loved as kids! :D http://www.oldtimecandy.com/necco-wafers.htm
Does anyone recall the soap made in the early 60s that had toys in the middle?

wolfsoul
12-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I miss Flinstone's Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles, and I miss Flinstone Push-up popsicles. I also miss that plain porridge that came with the strawberry jam stuff that you squirt out of the plastic wrapper. I must have been like 5 the last time I ate it, I can't even remember what it's called.

rosethecopycat
12-11-2005, 08:29 AM
Does anyone recall the soap made in the early 60s that had toys in the middle?

I remember that, it would surely be banned now, due to small toy parts.

In the tub.... I remember foam from a can, in colors, that would float on the water. I can just imagine the mess that colored stuff made in the bathtub. :eek:

king2005
12-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Astro pops
Pushpops
Flinstone's Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles
the soap made in the early 60s that had toys in the middle

All ^those^ things are still around up here. I can get all that stuff (not the soap), in my grandpa's store. The last bar of soap I got had a frog ring in it, hehehe

The 1 thing they removed from the province & many others, are the Coke, Pepsi & other pop from the bottles, including the pop machines. I know they are in PEI (no soda's in a can), but what about in other provinces & in the usa??

wolfsoul
12-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Astro pops
The 1 thing they removed from the province & many others, are the Coke, Pepsi & other pop from the bottles, including the pop machines. I know they are in PEI (no soda's in a can), but what about in other provinces & in the usa??
You mean you can't get bottled pop over there? I don't know if I understand correctly lol.

rosethecopycat
12-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Astro pops
Pushpops
Flinstone's Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles
the soap made in the early 60s that had toys in the middle

All ^those^ things are still around up here. I can get all that stuff (not the soap), in my grandpa's store. The last bar of soap I got had a frog ring in it, hehehe

Well, send them down.
;)

RICHARD
12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
http://www.nostalgiccandy.com/?source=overture (http://)

king2005
12-12-2005, 12:47 PM
You mean you can't get bottled pop over there? I don't know if I understand correctly lol.

Ya, there is NO bottled pop here. They stopped them back in the late 80's early 90's, I only know this, because I remember dad FREAKING out.

We have canned pop & plastic pop. A couple years ago, they came out with festive mini glass bottled coke (they are no bigger then 5inch tall & 2inch wide). Oh & fast food pop hehehe

king2005
12-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Well, send them down.
;)

I'm not driving 500km to get some. I'm sure they are going through some freaky snow storm & can only get around by skidoo's (I avoid that town during the winter).

If I can join in on another gift swap, I'll try to find some around here.