PDA

View Full Version : I've got worms! help!

zippy-kat
04-03-2002, 12:01 AM
Well...I dont' have them but my aquarium does...

Was doing tank maintance and noticed a wormie...At first I thought it was a piece of plant root but it swam! (no, there wasn't any water movement)

I've had anchor worms before...it's NOT one of those...this kind is white, very small, very thin, and very wiggly! :eek: Any ideas what kind and what to treat it with?

Luckily, the fish don't show any VISIBLE signs of worms but...I wanna treat it just to be on the safe side.

Of course now, I'm completey gun-shy--AFRAID to put my hand in the tank to finish maintance and every little thing that brushes me is EEK! a worm that's come to do wormie things to me :rolleyes: :eek: :o

PS found 15 babies while cleaning--I thought there were only 5! :eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-03-2002, 12:05 AM
salt water or fresh water ?!?!?!!

zippy-kat
04-03-2002, 12:07 AM
I guess info on my tank would've been helpful huh?

Fresh water--my finny friends consist of guppies and cory cats.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-03-2002, 12:15 AM
sorry I've never had any luck with fresh water.... my hubby has a salt water fish tank and he has this stuff in there called live rock (sorry he could tell you more than me) and every time you turn around there is a new worm or slug or creepy crawly on that live rock ewwww. I was just gonna say if it is a salt water we get those things all the time too and there supposed to be good to have ANYWAYS...... I will try to make a point...... his brother has a freshwater tank and if no one can give you any advice till this weekend I'll try to remember to ask him about your worm problem?!?!?!

zippy-kat
04-03-2002, 12:19 AM
Thank you!

I know I have a list of wormies and Rx to treat with but I packed it away when I moved, and I *think* the gremlins got it...

I'll have to search as soon as I get the tank finished...

Salt water?? I'd love to have a salt water tank...is it pretty $$$ to maintain once it's set up?

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-03-2002, 12:28 AM
Salt water?? I'd love to have a salt water tank...is it pretty $$$ to maintain once it's set up?

It wasn't at first he started it about 1.5 years ago.... it is only a 10 gallon. He wants to make it a coral reef tank.... it is doing real good (so he says) the live rock is all purple. I guess if you add up all the money he has spent on it, it would be alot he has just been putting it together slow over time. He just bought a clown fish today (they are sooooo cute), I bought him a shrimp for Valentines day last year (i know corney) and it is fun the variety of stuff you can get for one of those things......
here is a pic you can't see the tank REAL GOOD (mainly because i was takin the pic of Tinky)

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/7030/images/th_PKl3RMCoBQIAAClg2cc_7030_21.jpg

I will try to get a better pic..... the tank looks a lot better since this pic too..... he has put new sand and cleaned it real good.

zippy-kat
04-03-2002, 01:42 AM
Kewl tank!! Can't wait to see more pics!

Shrimp are cute--I think it was a very kewl gift!

What kind of filter system do you have on your tank?

Tigeress
04-03-2002, 09:56 AM
The best way to rid your tank of worms is to treat it with copper.

WARNING: Copper kills ALL invertabrates. So if you have any snails, clams, ect. take them out.

You can buy copper solutions at any pet store in the fish sections, just follow the instructions.

Cheers,
Tigeress