PDA

View Full Version : Gift Ideas...

buckner
12-09-2005, 04:13 PM
I usually don't post things like this, but I've been racking my brain.

In my theatre class, the drama nerds (6 of us) are doing a Secret Santa in Colour. It's like a Secret Santa, but the gift has to be a certain colour. Before the drawing of names, the colours are decided, which makes things a whole lot easier and more secretive. I love all of 5 of them (4 girls, 1 guy, and me) but I knew I'd rather have any of the girls because I knew Nathan would be HARD to buy for. And just my luck, I drew his name and his colour is blue.

Nathan is a drama nerd who loves singing and Madrigals. He also does some kind of karate (I'm sorry, I don't know what the types are...) and is a very eccentric person. He's such an awesome guy and I love him to death, but he has everything he could ever want. He's mostly interested in $400 game systems and gifts like that, and for someone who doesn't have THAT kind of money, I don't know what to get him.

It's hard to ask yall what to get him because you don't know him, but *I* don't even know, and I know the guy! But knowing he's a wacky kid and just loves joking around, he laughs at all of the "intelligent" jokes because he understands them.. some people look blankly at him, but we all laugh too. He's a smart guy, with a lot of love to go around, and he loves theatre and singing, along with his girlfriend.

I was thinking of something "sweet" like a framed up picture of him and his girlfriend, Nikki. But, I only have a few pictures of them and none of them are really the right kind of picture you'd put in a frame. And I can't ask her for a picture (she doesn't have any anyways!) because she'd know I picked him in the game, and she's participating. I'm a total loss.

Oh, and the gift has to be BLUE.

Does anyone have any ideas?? ... I've been racking my brains out and can't figure up anything. It can be a gag-gift that'll make him laugh, or it can be practical. It doesn't matter, but I think it'd either have to be "sweet" (like the framed picture of him and Nikki) or a gag-gift. He'd get more of a kick out of a gift that made him laugh. :P

Thanks for all of yall's help! :)

catnapper
12-09-2005, 04:31 PM
hmmmm... first thing that came to mind for a fun-loving, oddball intelligent guy is something my ex-boyfriend (same desciption as your friend) loved... mind games & puzzles. You know the ones, like a stick on a rope and you have to figure out how to make the rope separate from the stick? Or the ones where you have different shapes and have to figure out how they piece together to fit into a square? I know some of those come in colors, because my ex-boyrfiend had them! LOL

Corinna
12-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Do what I did for my game nerd son. Buy a note book cover it in denum with fabric paint draw some thing on it and get a book or two (guides for his faviorte games) or go to some of the internet sites for games and download some of the codes for them. On blue paper.

Alysser
12-09-2005, 04:35 PM
You got a problem there lol. How about a BLUE ornament for the tree?? Or maybe BLUE stationery and a very nice pen to go with it! I like that idea:) Good luck! Hope I helped!
~Alyssa

buckner
12-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the ideas, guys!

Anyone else? :)