PDA

View Full Version : Help...Christmas gifts for coworkers

pnance
12-09-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm trying to figure out what to get the people I work with for Christmas. There aren't a lot, only 8 but I also can't spend a lot. Any suggestions??

wolflady
12-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Two words: Starbucks cards!!! :p

**hugs**

Craftlady
12-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Make some holiday cookies and put them in nice tins. You can get some real cute ones at 99 cent type stores.

kuhio98
12-09-2005, 11:39 AM
How about candles? I was at the craft store (Michaels) yesterday, and they had very nice holiday scented candles for $3 and $4. If you want to spend more, there are candle holders, etc. to go with them.

pnance
12-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Two words: Starbucks cards!!! :p

**hugs**

I like the way you think, but I'm not sure the cards would make it till Christmas....I'd end up using them!!!! ;)

Make some holiday cookies and put them in nice tins. You can get some real cute ones at 99 cent type stores. I hadn't thought of that.....That actually is the one thing I can make that isn't microwavable...making christmas cookies was always my job at Christmas when I was younger and even now it's "required" ;) ....I don't think my mom would let me in the door on Christmas day without the cookies..... lol:D

How about candles? I was at the craft store (Michaels) yesterday, and they had very nice holiday scented candles for $3 and $4. If you want to spend more, there are candle holders, etc. to go with them.
About 1/2 including my boss are male, I know females would like candles, but do thing males would as well??

Karen
12-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I'd only go with candles if you are sure there's no one who'd be allergic - like me! Most guys I know aren't candle types, unless the power goes out!

The cookies will probably be well-received by everyone, because even if they are dieting, they can be brought home to family members who aren't. A paper plate of cookies, nicely wrapped with a cookie cutter tied to each one will be a memorable gift.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Christmas ornaments are fun gifts too. My husbands cousin baked cookies last year and packaged them nicely with a pretty bow and then attached a cute hand-made ornament to it.

My husband would probably never admit it, but he is much more into candles than I am. We go through a lot of candles, but I'm rarely the one who lites them. When he's home there's almost always a candle burning.

emily_the_spoiled
12-09-2005, 02:59 PM
For the last couple of years I have made different pre-packaged type of items for my co-workers. One year I made a jar of home made hot chocolate with a side baggie of mini-marshmellows. The next year I made a recipe using different types of rice, so all they had to do was boil it. If you go to Michael's or other crafty stores they have little books on making these "jar gifts". I found they are generally appreciated by people.

slick
12-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Speaking about jar gifts, one year I made "potted shrimp" for my Dad. It was to die for.

Daisy and Delilah
12-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Have you tried your local dollar stores? Sometimes the things available are surprising. Good luck. :)

christa
12-09-2005, 04:53 PM
You can also buy tins of nuts, candy, popcorn & cookies . . . I bought some nuts in really pretty tin cans at Dollar General . . . I think they were 3 bucks a piece.

Vette
12-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Get them each an XBOX 360 ;)
just kididng... :D

try finding some tin things that are filled with popcorn or candy,, like Christa suggested. my brother loved the the tin thing i got full of popcorn for him last year. :D

smokey the elder
12-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Gift cards (if you can resist spending them) are a good idea. I'm planning on giving them to the letter carrier, paper delivery, and some coworkers after seeing a piece on tipping on TV.

pnance
12-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone, you've given me some great ideas to work with. I'm braving the stores this weekend :eek: but will hopefully get all my shopping done assuming I actually make it in and out of the mall. ;)