PDA

View Full Version : Snow and ice storm tonight!

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Well, the forecast is that we're going to get ice and 4 inches of snow tonight! It was sleeting all day, and just miserable outside!:p And now the layer of sleet/slush is going to freeze and we're supposed to get 4 inches of snow on top of that! Well, looks like we won't be going anywhere for the next day or two!:rolleyes::o Hopefully it doesn't get too bad and we lose electricity or something like that...First snow of the year for Kentucky though, and it has been pretty!:) How's the weather for your area?

anna_66
12-08-2005, 06:55 PM
We're also getting that big snow storm here in Ohio. It's supposed to snow up to an inch an hour and slow down around midnight. At that rate we could get around 6 inches :eek: I sure hope not!
This is a picture after it had been snowing for about 15 minutes, it's coming down fast and hard!

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I heard Ohio was getting a bunch of snow!:) That's a pretty picture too Anna!;)

buckner
12-08-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm totally stoked about this snowfall! It's the first *real* snowfall of the winter.. we had a couple flurries last week, but that doesn't count. We got out of school a couple of hours early, and I'm really hoping we don't have school tomorrow. This being my senior year, I won't have to make up the days because we already have everything planned and dates are set for everything in May... we can't change it because of snowdays. And YAY! I really want all of the freezing rain to stay and melt all together. I want ICE everywhere!

buttercup132
12-08-2005, 07:12 PM
:( i dont get any snow tonight unless weather is gunna suprise me!! :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-08-2005, 07:13 PM
It's finally warming up a bit over here! It had snowed a lot and was between -30 & -37 (celsuis). Now it's about 3 and is supposed to be about 10 tomorrow...

gemini9961
12-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Snow and ice, what is that? ;) Here in Florida it's been raining and overall crappy.

LoudLou
12-08-2005, 08:07 PM
:( * whine, stomp* I want snow!

Anna- That is such a great picture ... you can actually "see" the differences in the snow flakes! ... Or, is it just me? :o

joanofark
12-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, the forecast is that we're going to get ice and 4 inches of snow tonight! It was sleeting all day, and just miserable outside!:p And now the layer of sleet/slush is going to freeze and we're supposed to get 4 inches of snow on top of that! Well, looks like we won't be going anywhere for the next day or two!:rolleyes::o Hopefully it doesn't get too bad and we lose electricity or something like that...First snow of the year for Kentucky though, and it has been pretty!:) How's the weather for your area?

Hehe, it's like that here! We are supposed to get 4-6 inches I think! I'm going sled riding tomorrow!:p

kimlovescats
12-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Could you send a little of that snow a bit further south to Tennessee? PLEASE???? :D

Samantha Puppy
12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
We're supposed to get 3-6" of snow overnight. I've got my fingers (and toes and eyes and...) crossed and my pajamas inside out. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow!!! I also really hope that it snows badly enough that Josh is snowed in with me. :)

chocolatepuppy
12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
We're suppose to get up to 6" here in NE Ohio. It's already started snowing. ;) At least it's not going back down to 4 degrees tonight. :rolleyes:

Craftlady
12-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Here in Northern Kentucky we went from predictions of 4-7 inches to 3-5 inches now it's 1-3 inches. Our weather people in Cincinnati Ohio market cant make their way out of paper bags when it comes to forecasting. They will NEVER admit wrong. Cincinnati and north got 4-6 inches.

cloverfdx
12-09-2005, 06:41 AM
Enjoy your snow everyone :D. We got a tiny bit last winter and it was great. Now if only our weather would make up it's mind and get on with Summer i would be happy.

Samantha Puppy
12-09-2005, 07:05 AM
We got about 4" here overnight. The roads look slushy but not TOO bad and normally I'd try and go in, but considering I don't have just myself to worry about anymore I'm playing it safe and staying put. Unfortunately, my husband has to go in to work because it's his last day at his current job and he has paperwork to fill out and things to return. :( At least with me staying home, he can take my SUV with 4WD though...

Anita Cholaine
12-09-2005, 07:57 AM
We are definitely not having snow... :( cause we are in summer :p But I'd love to have some...

moosmom
12-09-2005, 09:22 AM
It's been snowing here in New Haven, CT since very early this morning. I've got the drapes in the loft open to watch the snow.

*Yawn* I think I'll take a nap! :rolleyes: :p

JenBKR
12-09-2005, 09:35 AM
We got almost 7 inches. It was great! Roads were completely fine, I made it into work no problem. Snow is so pretty, and Roscoe absolutely loves playing in it!

king2005
12-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Here in the Toronto/Ontario/Canada area we had about 3-5 inches of snow dumped on us lastnight.

We only had a mini shovel, & now my back is KILLING me.. Whenever rob gets paid (its being mailed to us) we're buying a GOOD metal shovel, YAY!!

I was thinking of giving the fish & turtle some ice cubes (tapwater) to play with, since they cannot go outside in the snow.

tatsxxx11
12-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Hope everyone getting hit by this huge storm is safe!:) Just started snowing here this morning, wet, heavy flakes. Hopefully it will turn to rain snow as predicted!

Be safe all!:)

pnance
12-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I always thought it would be nice to live in an area that snowed, then I hit a snow storm when I was driving through Colorado and realized I have absolutely no idea how to drive in the snow!!! :eek: I think I'll stay in San Diego, we're sunny and clear and supposed to get up to 70 today... :D

JenBKR
12-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I always thought it would be nice to live in an area that snowed, then I hit a snow storm when I was driving through Colorado and realized I have absolutely no idea how to drive in the snow!!! :eek: I think I'll stay in San Diego, we're sunny and clear and supposed to get up to 70 today... :D

Yes, it is certainly an aquired skill ;)

ramanth
12-09-2005, 11:00 AM
6-8 inches of snow here. Most schools are closed so my mom and BIL got the day off. Was so close to calling in and giving myself a 3 day weekend but I have a meeting today I can't miss.

Ah well.

king2005
12-09-2005, 12:35 PM
School was cancled for only 6-8 inches of snow? Dang, I had to go to school in 3 feet of snow

dogzr#1
12-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Cold front came through so it is pretty cold down here. (Well to me it's cold) It is around 45*. It will steadily warm up and by Tuesday the high is 81*. I wish it was like this all through winter:(

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Could you send a little of that snow a bit further south to Tennessee? PLEASE???? :D

GLADLY!!:p

Well, it didn't snow as much as we were supposed to get, but that's exactly like Kentucky! lol:rolleyes: You never EVER know what to predict for the weather...the meteorologists are always wrong it seems like! (oh brother!);)

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-09-2005, 04:21 PM
We are definitely not having snow... :( cause we are in summer :p But I'd love to have some...

That's right!:) I just had some friends fly to Argentina for two months a few days ago (that live here). They're looking forward to the warm weather!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Where's global warming when you need it?
We had snow Wednesday and it's awfully cold. Our low last night was -3 with a windchill of -10 or so. Today it warmed up to almost freezing!!!

Our local weatherman said we are 25 to 30 degrees below where we should be. This is the kind of weather we get in January. Gosh, I can hardly wait to see what dumps on us THEN! :eek: