PDA

View Full Version : any Ideas on chihuahua basic training??

chealy731
12-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Heyy! Any on got any idea how a to teach a 4 year old chihuahua basic stuff?(like sit, stay, come, etc...)

buttercup132
12-08-2005, 06:09 PM
just cuz your dogs a chiuahua dosent mean t gets trained any differnt all dogs can learn the same way lol you should try phoning up some of your training places and see what they say they might have some tips, also i will look for some sites for you

byt he way wat is your dogs name(male or female) also got any pics :D ?

buttercup132
12-08-2005, 06:12 PM
heres 1 just keep scrolling theres a bunch of things you should read
http://www.dogpatch.org/obed/obpage2.cfm

Chica
12-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Hello, I have a Chihuahua, female named Chica!You have to be constant in training your Chihuahua.I got Chica to sit or lay down by command and she would do it because I ;) gave her a treat after she did what I asked. :) ;) I am constantly commanding her to stay and praising her when she listens. I give her a treat also. It just takes time. She is one year and 7 months old. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Hmm, I've never had a chihuahua before, but I would guess that because of their diminutive size, you should make sure to be extra careful with leads, etc. And also I would guide the dog with food when teaching basic commands so you don't have do it physically and accidentally hurt your pup. (Like, instead of pushing on their rump, hold the treat above their nose so they sit down).
Like buttercup132 said, what's your dog's name? :)

chealy731
12-08-2005, 07:39 PM
my dogs names are coco is the male, and bambu is the female :D Thanks!!!

Pembroke_Corgi
12-09-2005, 07:14 AM
Neat! How long have you had Coco and Bambu? Do you have any pictures? :)

chealy731
12-09-2005, 01:14 PM
srry i don't have any pictures but i will be taking some this weekend!:D
they are four years old but i just got them about a week ago