PDA

View Full Version : Employment!

Jessika
12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Well I don't know how many of you know of my situation but I moved in April to be with my fiance and had to quit my job at PetCo because there were none in this area so I couldn't even transfer. After moving I wasn't able to get another job because we only had one car and HJ worked 10 hour days and his work is almost 30 minutes away, so that would be a huge drain on gas and resources etc. Not to mention I was afraid to leave Jamie and Charlie alone for that long without crating (and we did not have room for two crates in this smallllll "house").

Anyway so since HJ works at a theatre and the season will be over next week, we are going to move out of here and go out of town to visit our parents until the season starts again in March. He will be getting unemployment for that time but I will be working again at PetCo!! The managers were actually REALLY happy to hear from me because apparently they really need people who know what they're doing. :D I missed that job a LOT and the Christmas season is usually the most fun to work because that's when its at its busiest and you get the most hours AND you just get to meet some cool people (and their pets!). So I'm really excited! I think she's going to be putting me on the schedule for next week! :D

.sarah
12-08-2005, 07:45 PM
That's really great! You go out and be the man of the house!! LOL :p

Vette
12-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Thats great!!!!
gald to hear it. *huggies*

Alysser
12-08-2005, 08:03 PM
I only knew half of your situation! I also knew you wanted your job at Petco. CONGRATS and I hope you have a WONDERFUL TIME! Can Jamie and Charlie come to work with you?

Jessika
12-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys! I'm pretty excited because I did miss working there.

I could bring Jamie or Charlie in with me but they would have to stay in grooming all day in a cage and I wouldn't want to do that unless I brought them in to be groomed hehe.

Alysser
12-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Well, I though maybe you could put them in a play pen sort of thing. but they are kind of big! LOL! Good luck! My first job is going to be Petco!

Daisy and Delilah
12-08-2005, 09:44 PM
YAY!!! That's cool that you'll be going back to a job you're already trained for. Way to go!! :D

JenBKR
12-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Yay, that sounds great! Congrats :D

pnance
12-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Congrats, it's always great to actually get to go to a job you like!!!

Jessika
12-09-2005, 11:32 AM
YAY!!! That's cool that you'll be going back to a job you're already trained for. Way to go!! :D

Yes but unfortunately my manager and I talked today and she's not sure if my training "expires" after a certain amount of time since I have been gone for eight months I MIGHT have to take the classes again. They should be a BREEZE though since I've been posting at places like this, I've been keeping up with my training!! :D

Anyway thanks guys I won't start till the 19th cause I will be going out of town the weekend of the 17 and it would be silly to come back the 15, work two days, then leave for two days LOL

poofy
12-09-2005, 12:10 PM
That is wonderful, so glad for you.. :)

CagneyDog
12-09-2005, 12:57 PM
That's great! Let us know how your first day goes :)

Flatcoatluver
12-09-2005, 02:20 PM
:D omg yah!!! I am so happy for you jessika!!! Keep us updated on how it goes!!!

Jessika
12-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Oh definitely! It's for certain I won't be starting until the 19th, but that's fine, I have to go out of town before then anyway. And I MIGHT have to go through training again since its been eight months since I've worked there.. :(

Alysser
12-09-2005, 05:49 PM
They're blind then. I don't even know you and know you can handle pets very well. Hope you don't need the training!

Jessika
12-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks ♥

And I know talking on places like PT have helped me use my training skills and such too. But its just a paper work issue and certification. I may not even have to take them again though, she said she couldn't remember if it was six months or a year. And I am RIGHT in between! So lets hope its a year!