PDA

View Full Version : About your dogs

tz1
12-08-2005, 12:46 PM
I was just wondering, what is your favorite quality about your dog...whether it's something about them physically or about their personality.

one of my favorite is how loyal my pup is. whenever he hasn't seen me in awhile, he will get SOOO excited. his tail will wag crazily, and he'll JUMP all the way up to my face (I am 6 foot 7 inches tall) and he will lick me crazily. If i run out to the backyard when doing this, he will run after me and sprint around the yard as fast as he can, running in circles. it is the funniest thing in the whole world, it's just a joy to be around!

elizabethann
12-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Aaaaaawww...that's so sweet.

I'd have to say Fenway's facial expressions brighten my day. He just looks at me as if he's saying, "gosh, you're cool. now lets go for a walk, shall we?"

When I come home or pick him up from daycare, he jumps up and down. I'm only 5'5, but he jumps up to my face and he's only 19lbs. But it's funny to see and makes me and everybody laugh.

When he rubs his face and back all over the bed, floor or couch and makes this funny noise...that always makes me laugh too.

And just last night, he put a smile on my face because he curled up in a little ball right next to me on the bed.

He's my little buddy and my best friend.

lv4dogs
12-08-2005, 12:55 PM
I'd have to say it's everything about them. I can't just narrow it down to one or two things. lol

tz1
12-08-2005, 01:01 PM
lv4dogs, I definitely know what you mean. I love everything he does, he definitely brightens up my day and life. I honestly don't know how I ever got by without a dog in my life...I had wanted one for 20 years till' I got zero this summer. he is just the best... :D

ParNone
12-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Murph: His wagging tail. Every occasion is reason to celebrate. Get a drink of water, wag that tail. Toss some doggie cuss words towards the dog next door, wag that tail. Pee on a bush, wag that tail. I glance at him, wag that tail. Cairns just seem to have a very cheery, bright outlook on life. Focus on Toto in the Wizard of Oz sometime and you'll notice that Toto's tail is in perpetual motion all the time too. That's a Cairn. :)

Oz: Oh gosh where do I even begin with him. I honestly don't know if I'll ever be blessed again with such an incredible dog in my life. He is so smart, so intuitive, so loyal, so loving, so protective, so friendly, so just everything. He truly is about as close to having a "Lassie" dog as I'll ever get, I think.

Gull: Oh the laughter. Just everything about him is funny to me. The way he trots. The way he waves at me, when he knows he's in trouble. The way he noses me in the morning to wake me up. The way he slams open his crate door with his nose. The way he spins in a circle, swinging his toy in play. The way he runs through my legs, when he's excited. His old man groan, when he's drifting off to sleep. If he was a person, he'd be a Marx brother or Charlie Chaplin, because he just moves funny. :)

Par...

Chilli
12-08-2005, 01:05 PM
I love everything about my two guys, but there are a few things that stick out a bit.
Like Ethan, how when I come home, I usually sit on the floor and talk to whoever is there. Ethan always sits right in front of me until I start to talk to him, then he raises up and puts his two paws on my shoulders and looks at me with an inquisitive look on his face.

elizabethann
12-08-2005, 01:05 PM
I honestly don't know how I ever got by without a dog in my life...I had wanted one for 20 years till' I got zero this summer. he is just the best... :D

It took me 39 years to get my first dog. I also wanted one all of my life. I would die without Fenway.

Allecto
12-08-2005, 01:09 PM
:eek: Pick out one thing? That is hard...

With Koosty, if I had to pick one thing, it is how completely I can trust him with my nieces and baby brothers. He was over at my sister's house when I was out of town for a few days last month, and when I went to pick him up all four of my neices had the poor boy pushed down on the floor. Two were sitting on him as they painted his toenails (and he hates having his feet touched) and used magic markers to color in his white patches, and the one year old was munching on his ear. And he just took it until he saw me, and started whimpering pathetically to be 'rescued'.
A close second would be how well he reads emotions and how he becomes a cuddler or starts acting like a little puppy again to try and cheer people up (especially me).