PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about Maya Linn...

moosmom
12-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I came home last night and Maya Linn was at the top of the stairs waiting for me. Her head was tilted to the left. As she was walking down the hall, I noticed she kept "staggering" and her head was still tilted. I called the vet and they told me to bring her right in. I can't just leave work. They told me they don't have any openings until Christmas Eve and if I go to the emergency clinic, it's an automatic $80 to walk in the door not to mention more money for any tests and medicines as opposed to $45 if I have an appt. This vet was highly recommended by my friend Pam, who brings her cat there. The woman on the phone said it could be something neurological, which is what I was thinking (and praying it's NOT) or an inner ear infection which could cause her to stagger.

She's totally indoors, I have no live plants whatsoever in the house. I picked up all the mouse poison in the house before the cats even entered the place. I'll see how she is tonight when I get home.

caseysmom
12-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I would find another Vet, not being able to get you in until christmas eve means they are WAY too busy I would think.

kuhio98
12-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Oh dear, how worrisome. I sure hope it's nothing serious. Soon after we adopted Pepper, she had a similar episode. She was "listing" to the side, starting to walk into things and walk in circles. It turned out to be ear mites. She was just trying to get those things out of her ears. Please keep us posted.

kimlovescats
12-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Prayers for Maya Linn! Keep us posted! :(

moosmom
12-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I checked her ear, particularly the left one. She didn't want me anywhere near it!

kimlovescats
12-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I checked her ear, particularly the left one. She didn't want me anywhere near it!

Then maybe that is a "good" sign ... an ear infection can be fixed! ;)

Karen
12-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Yup - hoping it is just an ear infection, that's bad, but treatable!
Maya Linn, go gargle with warm salt water, okay? It'll help. Oh, cats don't gargle? Sorry!

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Hopefully it's just a simple ear infection. I'd also call another vet so she can be seen sooner. I hope she feels better soon. Please continue to keep us updated.

Lobodeb
12-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Oh no! Paws crossed and prayers on the way that it's nothing serious!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I would try another vet, right away!

Good luck :)

moosmom
12-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Maya Linn has an appt with the white coats on Saturday at 11:30 at a vet not far rom my apartment. I told the vet her symptoms and she even said it sounds like an inner ear infection, especially from her "staggering" and head tilt.

I wasn't going to wait.

catnapper
12-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh no! I hope its just an ear infection.... I'm going to PM you.

Miss Z
12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I hate to say this, but she could have had a stroke. It's more likely an ear infection, but there's a chance that it's more serious. I would seek a vet fast, just to be sure. Hope that she's OK, please keep us updated

catmandu
12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I hope taht therers another Vet that you can go to,if this Vet is too busy to see Your Cat.
A Good Vet will make time to help a Cat In Need!!!

momcat
12-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Poor little sweetie, prayers and positive thoughts on the way. Please let us know how Maya is doing?

Soapets
12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Here's hoping that it isn't any more serious than an ear infection. Can't they give you an antibiotic or something to start right away, just in case? At least it would start working on it if it is an ear infection. And if it isn't, it shouldn't harm her. I know how painful ear infections are in humans, and I wouldn't want her to have to suffer through that pain until Saturday if it could be helped sooner.

Please keep us posted, and I'll keep her, and you, in my thoughts and prayers in the meantime!

Deb

shais_mom
12-09-2005, 12:02 AM
I hope there is good news Donna.
Thinking of you and Maya Linn.

davidpizzica
12-09-2005, 06:34 AM
I came home last night and Maya Linn was at the top of the stairs waiting for me. Her head was tilted to the left. As she was walking down the hall, I noticed she kept "staggering" and her head was still tilted. I called the vet and they told me to bring her right in. I can't just leave work. They told me they don't have any openings until Christmas Eve and if I go to the emergency clinic, it's an automatic $80 to walk in the door not to mention more money for any tests and medicines as opposed to $45 if I have an appt. This vet was highly recommended by my friend Pam, who brings her cat there. The woman on the phone said it could be something neurological, which is what I was thinking (and praying it's NOT) or an inner ear infection which could cause her to stagger.

She's totally indoors, I have no live plants whatsoever in the house. I picked up all the mouse poison in the house before the cats even entered the place. I'll see how she is tonight when I get home.
Oh, sweetheart! My prayers are with you and Maya Linn. Donna, I hope you can find a vet that will figure out Maya's problem. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and cuddles to Maya Linn. I'll call you tonight to find out how Maya is doing.