PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad parent

Gin
12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
This morning, I got up and only two cats showed up for breakfast. Missiger was gone. I checked under furniture and in closets - no sign of her. I dug out the flashlight and searched every corner of the house and still no cat. Then I opened the back door and called, and there she was, emerging from under the back steps, where she had evidently spent the night.

Somehow, that poor girl must have gotten outside, and was locked out for the whole long, cold winter night. She seems to be fine - she ate her breakfast and is now snoozing on my bed, but I feel like a lousy parent.

kuhio98
12-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Boy, oh boy, are you going to pay for that one! Expect lots of "evil" looks, turning her back on you, etc. until she decides to forgive you. :rolleyes: I'm so glad everything turned out well. You're not a bad mommy. Accidents happen. That's why we have our kitties microchipped. Despite our best intentions, kitties will get out by accident. Please give Missiger a kiss and cuddle for me.

kimlovescats
12-08-2005, 10:57 AM
It happens sometimes! At least you missed her and she is now enjoying a long winters' nap on your bed!!! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Are you sure she still was inside when you went to bed :confused: . I always go and have a look in the cats' room to be sure that they are all where I want them to be!
Any idea how she got outside?

Gin
12-08-2005, 01:25 PM
No idea at all. I could have sworn I took inventory last night and all the kids were accounted for. Maybe my mind is going bad.

catnapper
12-08-2005, 01:34 PM
You are not a bad parent -- merely the parent of a curious kitty! Everything worked out well, and she is now happily napping in her meowmie's bed.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Naw-tee kitty, not bad parent!

However....poor kitty....brrrrr.....and I know Minnesota is usually colder than Chicago, and it was purty durn cold last night! ;)

catmandu
12-08-2005, 03:54 PM
It might ahve been for the good,as she if too cold and hungry will never sneak out there,at least in the Winter!!

momcat
12-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Kitties can really move when they get a mind to and manage to slip past without us ever noticing. You're not a bad kitty parent, they do get out. I'm happy to know all is well in the end and kitty is recovering on Meowmie's big, warm bed,

Soapets
12-08-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm glad she is back inside, and sleeping in a nice warm comfortable bed! I'm sure it wasn't your fault, as these kitties seem to have a way of getting where they want to go once they set their minds on it. Our kitty Shadow is ALWAYS trying to dart out the door whenever the chance arises. Luckily we've always caught him before he's gone very far once he gets out. He's microchipped just in case..........

I think you should sit down and cuddle with Missiger, and give her extra treats, and then you'll BOTH feel good! ;)

Deb