PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye to Angel

catnapper
12-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Well, today is the day her new family comes to collect Angel. Instead of being sad, I am... numb. I know she will be much loved and cared for. I will selfishly miss her.

Last night she was purring her head off in bed, and I scooped her up to smother her in kisses and tell her that it was the last time she cozied up with me. She wiggled and meowed displeasure :rolleyes: so I let her go and I got swatted in the face with that gorgeous plumy tail. :p she ploped down and proceeded to groom herself with evil glances towrds me because I had dared kiss her! :D Gosh am I gonna miss that beautiful sweet girl!

She has come such a long way since I got her as a sickly fuzzball
Then:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/angel-eyes-3.jpg

Now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/byeAngel.jpg

Goodbye sweeite. Its been a long road we traveled together. Now we come to a branch in the road and you get to follow a different one tham me. Just remember that I loved you as my own for the time I had you. I love you and always will. As Jen says "I loved you first"

Now excuse me while I go fix this darned LES thats got me right now.

catmandu
12-08-2005, 10:06 AM
You should feel proud,in the difference that you have made in her life,and the fact is you saved her,from a sad lonely passing.
And have found her a Wonderful Furr Ever Home.
Now theres room for another Cat,that has no friends or hope.
Three Cheers from the Found Cats,Porchies,Rehomed Cats,The Angels and The Feeder.

Corinna
12-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Got any more hankies? I'm so glad for her and that wonderful family you found. Just remember you still have flutter the sweet baby.

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Look at how good she looks now! You've done such a lot for that baby, and it must be so hard to let her go. She will have a great life with that other couple though.

Good luck sweetie!

kuhio98
12-08-2005, 10:35 AM
LES here too. Angel Eyes, it has been a pleasure to watch you blossom under Kim's loving care. I sure hope your new family drop us a line from time-to-time so we can watch you grow into the beauty that I know you will. Have a wonderful life with the family that I know you already love.

moosmom
12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Gary put it perfectly!! You gave her the chance at life no one else would. What a beauty she is!! Be proud, not sad! ;)

kimlovescats
12-08-2005, 10:59 AM
She sure is a beauty, Kim ... and she wouldn't be going to the wonderful home that she is, if not for you! You have been there every step of the way for her, and I am sure she is most grateful. Good thing you have gotten to know her new family pretty well, then you can stay in touch!

((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Kim

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Kim, Like the others have said, you gave her a loving home and took care of her and now she's a gorgeous happy and healthy little girl. :) I'm sure that her nice new family will keep in touch with you and hopefully also give you picture updates too. :)

Lobodeb
12-08-2005, 11:40 AM
God bless you for taking her in, nursing her back to health and letting her go to her furrever home. It really does take a special person to do that. I know I never could.

Kudos to you!

prechrswife
12-08-2005, 11:46 AM
She has grown into such a beautiful young lady. I know you will miss her tremendously, but she will be loved...

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
You did a wonderful job with Angel!!! I can understand why her departing is making you sad.... . Thank you so much for what you did for this gorgeous little girl!!

catnapper
12-08-2005, 03:08 PM
YIPPIE!!!! I get one more week with her!!! The new mom just called with bad news: Nessa Rose has some new ringworm lesions and they don't want to infect Angel, so they asked if I was "willing to hold onto her for another week" ummm... let me think......... YES!!!! :D

They are coming tonight to visit her, so I'll try to get more photos to show you just how impossibly sweet she is with them.

kimlovescats
12-08-2005, 03:09 PM
My goodness! Well, ENJOY! :D

jenluckenbach
12-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Well, you finally let one go. ;) (I sure hope you are laughing, now)

Angel was extremely lucky. Very few people, foster homes included, would have kept her through all her troubles. They would have simply pushed her off onto someone else to deal with them. But you truly DID love her in spite of it all. Just as a child is the product of their environment, Angel is the loving girl she is today because of her up-bringing.

Bye Angel. You shall live the good life. Very few of us will ever forget you.

Kirsten
12-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Kim , don 't feel selfish for missing her. She's been with you for a long time and you two have been through a lot together. You did so very much for her and I really think you saved her life.

It's you who gave her the chance for a good life, which she will hopefully have in her new family.

Angel will miss you just as you miss her.

I hope her new family will give you updates on her. When you know that she's happy, you will eventually be happy, too.

Kirsten

Soapets
12-08-2005, 06:51 PM
YEAH! You have been given one more week to love her and live with her and prepare for letting her go! :) Sometimes our prayers are answered in the most unexpected ways!

Deb

jenluckenbach
12-08-2005, 07:16 PM
YIKES! I was so busy earlier typing my own response that I did not notice that you have yet another week with Angel. :rolleyes:

Good news (except that I am sad about the new RW on Nessa) :(

NoahsMommy
12-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Awww, sounds like she's going to a really great home, Kim. What a wonderful foster meowmie you've been to her! :)

Glad you get an extra week to say "bye bye" to your little Angel.

Hugs,
Kelly :)