PDA

View Full Version : I may as well live with my mother-in-law

gini
12-08-2005, 12:26 AM
It occurred to me the other day that even though I live alone and have three wonderful kitties to share my abode - I might as well live with my mother-in-law. Well, God rest her soul.........she would have laughed at this.

I am TOLD what to do almost every single hour of the day. It starts with:

GET UP! GET UP NOW! Annie each morning races into the bedroom at breakneck speed and jumps right on my feet. Then she takes off lickety split before I can grab her.

WELL, THAT DIDN'T WORK.......LET'S TRY THIS... I couldn't believe it, but she got behind the bed and parted the curtains. How did she know that the sun was coming through right at that moment and it was as though I was under an interogation light. I was temporarily blinded by the sun in my eyes.

WALK THIS WAY!! I am up now - and am literally herded into the kitchen with Annie looking over her shoulder to be sure I am following her and she stands by her bowl.

HAVEN'T YOU CLEANED THESE YET??? Rascal has this great way of putting half his body into the covered litter boxes, steps back out - checks the others - and then looks at me with this sniff..............ARE YOU CLEANING THESE TODAY OR NOT???

THEY WATCH AS I CLEAN.........I am watched carefully as I clean the litter boxes - don't want me to miss anything in there - and as soon as I am finished - they jump in to use them. Every single day this goes on!!

DON'T MAKE THIS BED!! Emma gives me that look - CAN'T YOU SEE I AM NAPPING AFTER BREAKFAST?? Don't smooth out the covers either - I like them rumpled like this, if you don't mind!

BRUSH ME PLEASE, NOW! I usually have one of their brushes or combs sitting around and all three of them can communicate exactly what they want with one glance at the brushes.

DO NOT DISTURB ME.........I AM SLEEPING NOW....I get it - wait on them paw and foot and NOW YOU are tired. Hmmm, don't you have that backwards?

This type of treatment goes on all day - complete with the look of disgust when it is clear I am leaving the house. WHERE ARE YOU GOING? WHEN ARE YOU RETURNING? WILL YOU BE HOME IN TIME TO PREPARE DINNER FOR US?

When was it that I signed up to be the slave??? :D :D

G535
12-08-2005, 01:09 AM
That's cats for you. I'm also herded into the kitchen every morning and nothing else gets done until Finnigan is fed! :)

AmberLee
12-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Hee, hee, hee! Yes, you are a slave, but aren't our 'masters' adorable? :D

orangemm
12-08-2005, 04:29 AM
Oh, yes, Archy is the OLBI (Official LitterBox Inspector). Everytime I grab the scoop and a bag, he trots right beside me to watch and make sure I do the job correctly.

His head moves with every swipe of the scoop; he checks the corners, he gives me a 'look' if I should happen to miss something.

When the job is done, he will award the seal of approval by hopping in and doing his business!

Yup, God forbid if I should sleep after 6:30 on weekends. There is always someone to make sure I get up and going! :D

jenluckenbach
12-08-2005, 04:51 AM
rotflol

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2005, 05:08 AM
:D :D Aren't you lucky to have such efficient supervisors!

catnapper
12-08-2005, 07:31 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Oh my goodness, that was too funny and right on the mark!

kilbarchancats
12-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Oh yes, I agree. I have three equally hard taskmasters who crack the whip every minute of the day. They can sleep and supervise at the same time too, amazine!

Of course, we wouldn't have it any other way!! :D

kimlovescats
12-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Thank you for my morning SNICKER! :D Little So Small has taken over litterbox cleaning patrol. It doesn't matter where he is, if I start diggin in the potty box, he's there and investigating the whole matter! :rolleyes: ;)

catmandu
12-08-2005, 09:38 AM
The Only Ones that crack the whip at the Hotel are JJJ3 who wants his TREATS NOW!!
And Scrappy 2,who regards anything that you put on your plate as hers to share.
That Steak,Gimme Some NOW!!!!

Felix
12-08-2005, 09:45 AM
LOL thats too funny.Still Id rather be a slave than to live with my mother-in -law ;) Just kidding :p :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Snicker snicker!!!
So true!! That's why we don't say we "own" our cats, but that we "are owned" by our cats :D

slick
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
:D :D :D On occasion, they will let guests do the scooping and feeding only if it's done right. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM
When was it that I signed up to be the slave??? :D :D
The moment you let a cat in the door!!! LOL! :D

gini
12-08-2005, 12:47 PM
:D :D :D On occasion, they will let guests do the scooping and feeding only if it's done right. ;)

I am confident that this is why Rascal peed on the new bathroom carpeting right in front of me.

What he was saying was "why did you send SLICK home and let me show you how I feel about that!!"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2005, 03:16 PM
:D :D
If you have to be a slave, what better master to be one too. :D

momcat
12-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Snicker snicker!!!
So true!! That's why we don't say we "own" our cats, but that we "are owned" by our cats :D
And we surrender so willingly.....

kb2yjx
12-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Nicholas runs the overall show at the house, but Raven is in charge of the meals!! Sandra

shais_mom
12-08-2005, 11:57 PM
I must have lazy cats(pets) or am extremely lucky b/c mine don't wake me up for food at all! :eek: The only thing is sometimes Keegan needs to go out to potty. But most of the time they are content to sleep as long as I do!
;)

I'd say your whipped Gini!

slick
12-09-2005, 08:56 AM
I'd say your whipped Gini!
....but I hear that she likes it..... :eek: :eek: :D

catsrus
12-09-2005, 11:09 AM
I know I don't need an alarm clock to get up in the morning. my girls have the time down to a fine art!

:rolleyes:

gini
12-09-2005, 12:31 PM
So this morning, Annie was trying to do something new..............

LET'S SEE.........CAN I GET ALL FOUR PAWS ON HER ANKLE AT ONCE??

The answer is yes.........and it HURT! Little stinker!! :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Yes, I'm owned by my 5 cats as well. I have to tend to their needs before I do anything else. :)