PDA

View Full Version : Work Rules

Lobodeb
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I have this posted in my office. People think its a joke. I'm sure my PT buddies can relate to some of, if not all of them.

1. Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 4:00 then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.

2. If it's really a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 mintues to inquire how it's going. That helps. Or even better, hover behind me advising me at every keystroke.

3. Always leave without telling anyone where you're going. It gives me a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.

4. If my arms are full of papers, boxes, books or supplies, don't open the door for me.

5. If you give me more than one job to do, don't tell me which is my priority. I am psychic.

6. Do your best to keep me late. I adore this office and really have no where to go or anything to do. I have no life beyond work.

7. If a job I do pleases you, keep it a secret. If that gets out, it could mean a promotion. :eek:

8. If you don't like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be in popular conversations. I was born to be whipped.

9. If you have special instructions for a job, do not write them down. In fact, save them until the job is almost done. No use confusing me with useful information.

10. Never introduce me to people you are with. I have no right to know anything. In the corporate food chain, I am plankton. When you refer to them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.

11. Be nice to me only when the job I'm doing for you could really change your life and send you straight to manager's hell.

12. Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and it's nice to know someone is less fortunate. I especially like the story about having to pay so much tax on the bonus check you received for being such a good manager.

13. Wait until my yearly review and THEN tell me what my goals SHOULD have been. Give me a mediocre performace rating with only a cost of living increase. I'm not here for the money anyway.

Husky_mom
12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
ha ha ha thaīt sooooo funny, and really i mean, some of them itīs like they were real planned to be that way!! ha ha ha

one that happens to me it

give me a job, then rush me to do it, give me another one, rush me to do that first, then ask why didnīt i do the first one!!

*one thing i think i really enjoy is the last minute rush, sometimes i work better that way,but shhhh........

Laura's Babies
12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Ooooooooooo! I could have some fun with that one! To cute!!

AbbyMom
12-07-2005, 08:42 PM
13. Wait until my yearly review and THEN tell me what my goals SHOULD have been. Give me a mediocre performace rating with only a cost of living increase. I'm not here for the money anyway.

They did this at my work last summer. Goals were secret! Those who didn't meet them got no raise!

(where do they get these people? :confused: )

mruffruff
12-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Gee, they all fit except #12. :D

My boss has solved the problem of yearly reviews. He skips them entirely!

JenBKR
12-08-2005, 07:54 AM
ROFLMAO they almost all apply to my work! Especially the first three. I am printing this to share with the others in the office, they will surely appreciate it! :D

lv4dogs
12-08-2005, 08:01 AM
That is awesome, I'm going to print up a copy and hang it up in my office. Seems like they all apply to me & my work place.

Thanks for sharing!

pnance
12-08-2005, 03:11 PM
It would be funny if not so true......lol :D

smokey the elder
12-10-2005, 07:56 AM
OK, someone knows how the pilot plant works! :D