PDA

View Full Version : It's starting to feel alot like Thursday #136..

RICHARD
12-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah, Even an old Bah Humbug like me get's into the Xmas spirit eventually!! ;)

So let's get the Rested Merry Gentleman and Woman to Deck the Hall and Get some Joy to the World..

Yes Mario,
Possum and Lady can go into the Jacuzzi and play with you....I'll have the towels by the back door for you all!

I know that people have an Xmas Tree favorite....
I looked at a Douglas Fir, But, decided on an Edward Fur Tree.. :confused: :rolleyes: :D

-----------------------------------------------

Christmas Sparkle Punch

This recipe will make enough for 32, but be prepared to have enough to make more!
INGREDIENTS:

1/2 Cup Pineapple juice
1/2 Cup Lemon juice
1/3 Cup of Triple sec
1 Cup of Brandy
1/3 Cup of Grenadine
1 Bottle of White Wine
2 Bottles of Champagne
PREPARATION:

Mix all in Punch bowl over ice. Add Champagne just before serving. (32 Servings)

wolflady
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
*snicker* Did you enjoy your candy, Richard?? :p

I'm up for some of that Christmas Sparkle Punch. I was delighted to share a nice meal Monday night with our very own, Laurie! We laughed and laughed...and laughed some more! I just love her!

PS...honestly...we do have the list! :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 01:30 PM
I'll take some of that punch, but unfortunately I don't feel much like celebrating right now. Logan & Cybersides need our comfort right now....and me too. It's just too close to Tubby's "anniversary" for me to be reading threads like that. I need the boss to leave for awhile until I get my composure back, and please don't let the phone ring for awhile..... :(

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2005, 01:53 PM
BURR!!! Break out the hot chocolate and lots of marshmallows!!! It's snowing and a grand 15 degrees or maybe it's warmed up to 20 by now. I'm FREEZING!!!

4 warm cnt's too and some warm chocolate chip cookies, please?

Mario, are you helping decorate the tree again this year? I see you are wearing the tinsel! :D

RedHedd
12-07-2005, 02:30 PM
*snicker* PS...honestly...we do have the list! :eek: :D about that list. :D I think Laurie may finally have it, although I'm not sure.

I took her to Buca di Beppo for dinner last night and we had a howling good time. She made me take a pic with my cellphone of the Frank Sinatra shrine that was in the room we dined in. There was Frank, bedecked with fake camellias and a lava lamps loving placed on each side of him :D. Unfortunately, my ISP is being dicky and the picture is somewhere in cyberspace, hopefully winging its way to my e-mail inbox. I will post is as soon as I receive it.

Laurie and I were laughing and conspiring on a visual we got of Mario dressed as Frank, complete with trench coat and hat jauntily tipped to one side, cigarette dangling from his lip .... We weren't even drinking! Really, we weren't!

They fired the litigation paralegal yesterday, so I'm busily taking over all the stuff she didn't do, among other things, so I'm VERY busy. An iced tea and some onion rings would be terrif, before I go back under, deep into the wilds of Excel. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
12-07-2005, 02:51 PM
*snicker* Did you enjoy your candy, Richard?? :p

I'm up for some of that Christmas Sparkle Punch. I was delighted to share a nice meal Monday night with our very own, Laurie! We laughed and laughed...and laughed some more! I just love her!

PS...honestly...we do have the list! :eek:

No I am waiting to go pick it up.

T&P,

Let's say a prayer for them and Rusty the Dog....and I do think that the Tubster wouldn't want his meowmie to be sad. Of course, you do have to be happy about the Ribbon Chewing Kid that wanders the halls........ :D

One CSP,

DONE!

LOL, Will I get in trouble for saying Xmas Punch? :eek:

MOFF,

Hot Choco w/marshmallow, 4 CNTS and some choco chip cookies!

DONE!

Mario.

I left the stems on the cherries so you could hang some on the tree.... :D

Redd.

No drinkies???

lolololol,

Ice Tea and Onion Rings.....DONE!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 03:18 PM
LOL, Will I get in trouble for saying Xmas Punch? :eek:
That depends, Richard, if you're throwing a "holiday" party, then it would have to be "holiday punch." If, however, you're throwing a Christmas party, then it's definitely Christmas punch! However, I believe the final determining factor would be how many glasses one has had - which would determine just if, where and when the punches will be thrown! :eek:

Throw another one my way while you're at it - thanks. :D

And you're so right about Tubby and that snotty little orangie boy. I really think they would have liked each other. :D

RICHARD
12-07-2005, 03:25 PM
That depends, Richard, if you're throwing a "holiday" party, then it would have to be "holiday punch." If, however, you're throwing a Christmas party, then it's definitely Christmas punch! However, I believe the final determining factor would be how many glasses one has had - which would determine just if, where and when the punches will be thrown! :eek:

Throw another one my way while you're at it - thanks. :D

And you're so right about Tubby and that snotty little orangie boy. I really think they would have liked each other. :D

That little Snotty is decorating the halls.... :D

My mom always told me to never punch a lady.......But I think she wouldn't mind this time!!

A CSP, THE DRINK!

DONE!

P.S. go home and get me a double snotty hug? Okay?
The Hug, Not the Snotty?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2005, 03:26 PM
And you're so right about Tubby and that snotty little orangie boy. I really think they would have liked each other. :DLiked each other? I think the Tubbster may have paw picked CJ for you! ;)

finn's mom
12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
i'd like some egg nog, please. and, not the non alcoholic type. ;)

davidpizzica
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
BURR!!! Break out the hot chocolate and lots of marshmallows!!! It's snowing and a grand 15 degrees or maybe it's warmed up to 20 by now. I'm FREEZING!!!

4 warm cnt's too and some warm chocolate chip cookies, please?

Mario, are you helping decorate the tree again this year? I see you are wearing the tinsel! :D
Hey Connie! What are you doing sending all that snow towards Pittsburgh?!? Tomorrow we're supposed to have 5-8" of that white stuff! I wanted to see how the colbalt would do in snow, but not THAT much! RICHARD, send a DOTD my way and three warm CNTs for the girls.

RICHARD
12-07-2005, 04:03 PM
i'd like some egg nog, please. and, not the non alcoholic type. ;)

Of course.....cinnamon and a crown of whipped cream?

DONE!

David.

A dotd and 3 CNTs for the kiddies....

Hey, sorry about Sunday! I have always liked Der Kitties and want to see them take it all this year...

DONE!

I am gonna run out for some wood for the fire......

Thank you for helping dry off Lady and Possum, Mario! :D

finn's mom
12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Of course.....cinnamon and a crown of whipped cream?

DONE!

just what the doctor ordered. :) egg nog and sinus meds should get on like a house on fire. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey Connie! What are you doing sending all that snow towards Pittsburgh?!? Tomorrow we're supposed to have 5-8" of that white stuff! I wanted to see how the colbalt would do in snow, but not THAT much! RICHARD, send a DOTD my way and three warm CNTs for the girls.
Not me! I wouldn't wish this on anyone! I sure hope you don't get the awfully low temps with it we are getting. It's just miserable here. Or maybe my old bones just are more sensitive to cold now. :eek: :D

davidpizzica
12-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Not me! I wouldn't wish this on anyone! I sure hope you don't get the awfully low temps with it we are getting. It's just miserable here. Or maybe my old bones just are more sensitive to cold now. :eek: :D
Connie, it's a balmy 22 degrees here. I think we will get those low temps! BTW, my bones are a little older! I can feel the chill in my new knee.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Connie, it's a balmy 22 degrees here. I think we will get those low temps! BTW, my bones are a little older! I can feel the chill in my new knee.
I'm jealous! I don't think it got above 13 here. Now we have a north wind. Should be a 4 cat night tonight for sure!!! It's to be colder tomorrow but Friday they promise we will warm up to freezing, maybe! :D

It was just 60 degrees a few days ago. They say we are about 10 to 20 degrees colder than normal and are having January weather. Gee I can hardly wait until January! :eek: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Liked each other? I think the Tubbster may have paw picked CJ for you! ;)

Awww....gee, thanks MOFF. Once again I'm reminded just why I love this place - you're all just a bunch of great people and I wouldn't want to hang out with anyone or anywhere else. Come on now, group hug.... :D

Oh and a punch for the road please. :D

Lady's Human
12-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Geez, I'm outside stacking wood, and I come in to a full house!

It's a lovely 14 outside here, with snow squalls and a nice 10 MPH wind out of the north. BRRRR!

Barkeep, here's some Chai mix to store in the bar, and could you please boil some water and make some for me? I'm a popsicle!

Lady, did you have fun in the hot tub? Just what I needed, a hot shower from my pup.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Awww....gee, thanks MOFF. Once again I'm reminded just why I love this place - you're all just a bunch of great people and I wouldn't want to hang out with anyone or anywhere else. Come on now, group hug.... :D

Oh and a punch for the road please. :D I'll also fess up to asking God to be sure and give Tubby lots of hugs, cuddles, and kisses every day, along with all out RB pets. :D

RICHARD
12-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Geez, I'm outside stacking wood, and I come in to a full house!

It's a lovely 14 outside here, with snow squalls and a nice 10 MPH wind out of the north. BRRRR!

Barkeep, here's some Chai mix to store in the bar, and could you please boil some water and make some for me? I'm a popsicle!

Lady, did you have fun in the hot tub? Just what I needed, a hot shower from my pup.

Oh oh!

Sorry about Lady....

I putting the Chai on the stove....You know that a dollop of Yak Butter in it is the proper Nepalese way to drink it??? :D

DONE!

T&P

If you were hanging out someplace else that would be O.K......

Until we tracked you down... :eek: :D :p
One for the road....

DONE!

Now I am gonna scold MOFF, David and LH ;)

This is turning out to be the weather version of Name that Tune!!!

"I can quote the weather down to a single digit..."

Yikes, You people are hearty!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh oh!

Now I am gonna scold MOFF, David and LH ;)

This is turning out to be the weather version of Name that Tune!!!

"I can quote the weather down to a single digit..."

Yikes, You people are hearty!Wanna come play in the snow with us? :D

Lady's Human
12-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Poor Lady was outside with Marylin and I while I was stacking wood and Marylin was playing in the snow. She had her hind legs tucked up under her butt so she wouldn't touch too much of the pup to the ground. Dad, can we go in now?

RedHedd
12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
OK, I PROMISED Laurie I'd post this here. The Shrine to Frank Sinatra at Buca di Beppo in San Francisco. Here ya go, Laurie .... :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p30715b9bdf3b3441d6aa08647d1d72c5/f125d216.jpg

It's just too bad the Lava Lamps weren't lit.

RICHARD
12-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Play? In the Snow?

I better because you all will laugh and wall me a wuss......

Done! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
OK, I PROMISED Laurie I'd post this here. The Shrine to Frank Sinatra at Buca di Beppo in San Francisco. Here ya go, Laurie .... :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p30715b9bdf3b3441d6aa08647d1d72c5/f125d216.jpg

It's just too bad the Lava Lamps weren't lit.That's Frank? With the hat and coat, he looks more like Al Capone! :D
Maybe it's time I get my eyes checked, eh? :D

Corinna
12-07-2005, 07:50 PM
I have to post my weather (sorry Richard) Last night -19 high today 20 West yellowstone -45 high today 2 degrees.
Can we use that hot tub or is it just for your furry freinds.
Just going to sit here by the fire wrapping presants, and talking to lady such a good girl.

Lady's Human
12-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Corinna,

The hot tub is open, just watch out for the floating fuzz! :D

lbaker
12-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Here I am! Here I am! This is in the business office of the Marriott and is costing me $$ but WHAT THE HEY!!! I NEED MY PET TALKERS :D Yeah buddy, that was Frank at the restaurant with RedHedd last night .. the room across the hall in the restaurant was the "shrine room" and had a picture of The Pope encased in a plexiglass box on the round dinner table. Hmmm, interesting places these Californians take me to ~ :eek: Karen [Wolflady] and I almost ate calimari steaks :eek: WHOA :eek: those must be some VERY LARGE SQUID if you can cut them into steaks ;) This morning at 6 a.m. (keep in mind I'm still on East Coast time) I am easing myself into the jacuzzi on the 5th floor (funny you should start the tread with Mario, Lady, Possum and a Jacuzzi Richard) Anywho, I'm lollygagging in the jacuzzi and who walks in!!! OMD it's Mario in a Speedo :eek: IIEEE doggies was that a nasty thing to see at 6 a.m. I love you guys to pieces and Geophysisists are a strange bunch, but guys.. they ain't got nothin' on ME!!! hahahahhaha

gini
12-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Well, the candy drive has been driven - and was a huge success, but I still have one bag of candy that I sure wish SOMEONE would pick up. And I got the strangest phone call this afternoon...........someone was singing (well, I will be nice, they tried to sing) THE CANDYMAN SONG!! But this is California and almost anything can happen here.

Oh, the jacuzzi - boy does that sound good - no Mario, I don't think I want to borrow your speedo tonight, thanks though.

Now does it sound like we Californian's know how to show Laurie a good time while she is here or what? Karen in Mountain View - Reddhead in San Francisco - and we do our best in So. Ca. I got a call from Laurie RAVING, RAVING about what a great time she had with both of you. I am very jealous to say the least.

I don't want to hear any more of those low numbers temperature wise........scares me as I am going to Boston for Christmas........brrrrrrr.........

But I won't think about that now, I will just request a Christmas punch -
no, Richard, sit down, not that kind of PUNCH.......(even though you would love to) - no make that two - it has been a two drink kind of day!

DJFyrewolf36
12-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey all!

Happy early Thursday to you all. I wish it were Thursday...because its two days closer to the end of training, although I found out today that we are being trained on an obsolete system so right after this training, I get to go into another training class.

Work....is....boring. And no PT access either :p

I'll take an eggnog

Corinna
12-07-2005, 11:21 PM
I think I'll pass on the fuzz (enough of that at home) Maybe tommorrow I'll screen it and then jump in.
Laurie, you just know how to make a party any where you go! Sounds like fun Pictures you know pictures.
I think I need a hot cocoa and head to bed lots to do tommorrow got to trick the guys into putting the outside lights up.

gini
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Laurie, you just know how to make a party any where you go!

Corinna, never has a truer statement ever been made here at Thursdays!! :D :D

Corinna
12-07-2005, 11:41 PM
I have got to get to next years BBQ I feel like i know you all and yet I NEED to meet you. I want to be in the stories not just read them.

Lady's Human
12-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Okay guys (good thing I filled the wood box last night, it's COLD in here) I'll get the fire going, and there's a bagel bar on the bar with hot coffee and hot chai. Dig in, everyone (but don't share too much with lady, cream cheese makes her gassy)

Corinna
12-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Good morning all Hello Lady , I brought a Quiche just cheese so I guess none for you girl.
I think a hot reg tea this morning will do.
Got to brave the snow and wind, cold to go buy dog food.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I want some hot soup for lunch today! How about some veggie soup? Some hot tea, and 4 catnip teas too?

(ok, gini close your eyes!) It got to 0 here with a wind chill of -10 last night. Going to be even colder tonight. Gee, I can hardly wait! I'm sure there will be a big THUD heard all over the country when I get next month's gas bill.

(ok, gini you can open your eyes now) We did get around 3 inches of snow but it's the fluffy kind that just blows off the cars and things. It was pretty this morning when I was letting the car run; looked like millions of diamonds sparkling. I love it like that! It best be gone by Monday though, another Doctor appointment. Still fighting with the blood pressure. :eek: :)

wolflady
12-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Corinna, never has a truer statement ever been made here at Thursdays!! :D :D

I'll second that!! *snicker* That's why we love our Laurie!!

The show is sucking right? You're coming to meet my furkids on Friday, right??? *hint, hint*

:D

RedHedd
12-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Oh dear, I just saw this on the S.F. Gate site - Do you see the madonna and child in this onion ring?
http://www.sfgate.com/n/pictures/2005/12/07/funyons2.jpg
:rolleyes:
Can you believe someone actually bid $609 for this?

RICHARD
12-08-2005, 01:54 PM
That's Frank? With the hat and coat, he looks more like Al Capone! :D
Maybe it's time I get my eyes checked, eh? :D

we'll just take the plaque down!

MOFF,

Cover one eye and read that poster on the wall..

B-U-D-W-E-I-S-E....

Your eyes are fine....LOW BP for monday...OK?

Soup, tea and catnip tea!!

DONE!

Corrina,

WHOA.!!! Only 2!! Should you come to the BBQ be prepared!

On hot choco and I'll scoop the 'cuzzi..and a hot tea for this morning!
DONE!

Laurie,.

Mario aims to please... :D Insanity once again hits the shores of the LOTEA!

Gini,

Sammy Davis has been gone for a while....you must be channelling someone!

Two punches>?
DONE!

Hey DJ,

What about those 'hawks?

One eggnog?

DONE!

LH,

Thanks for your work in putting up the wood....
Bagels and cream cheese? I think there is a little bit of lox in the Fridge..

Hot chai tea for the man! What, no Yak butter?? :)

DONE!

Wolflady,

Either you order a drink or move along ;) ...You are getting the patrons mad at you because you and Laurie are having fun. :)

Redd,

Maybe that is why MOFF's BP is up...she has to find a way to pay for that onion ring! :eek:

Corinna
12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey how far is Gini's from Napa Hubby has a sister there I maybe could leave him there. Not sure he's ready for all the Pt humor. He's got a good sense of humor but it's more one liners.

RedHedd
12-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey how far is Gini's from Napa Hubby has a sister there I maybe could leave him there. Not sure he's ready for all the Pt humor. He's got a good sense of humor but it's more one liners.
Not far ..... according to MapQuest it's only 401.34 miles :eek: :p

Corinna
12-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Thats not far he in Montana but in California I guess I'll have to bring him along. I'm tring to figure how I can do it. Any body know the date this year?

gini
12-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Geez, I just walked in today and there are so many conversations going on that I can't keep up.

Let's see - the Madonna disguised as an onion ring is stopping off in Napa on Her way to the July BBQ.........but She got sidetracked and is sitting up at the bar saying, thank you, She doesn't drink, but a nice cup of hot chocolate would be lovely.

Richard, exactly WHAT DID you put into my two punches?

Corinna, I don't think I will start a 2006 BBQ thread until at least January of the year in which it is being held. But the middle of July will be the target date. AND YOU MUST COME AND BRING YOUR HUBBY TOO. Ask Catland (Julie) and Byron who was very reluctant to attend what kind of time they had. Couldn't even keep pants on Julie!!! (you had to be here to appreciate that comment).

Just tell your hubby that all we do is sit around and watch slides of everyones cats. :eek: :cool: :D :D

Now, back to the bar...........I don't dare have another one of those punch thingys!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Redd,

Maybe that is why MOFF's BP is up...she has to find a way to pay for that onion ring! :eek:
I'd be having trouble with my mind, not my BP if I ever paid that much for an onion ring. I could buy an entire truck load for that!

Can I get a refill on the cnt's and the human tea too? :D

slick
12-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I can't stop....I'm busier than a lint-picker in a blue suit factory! :D Would love to catch up on the conversation but don't have time this week. I'll just take a double BM to go please. Thanks.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Now, back to the bar...........I don't dare have another one of those punch thingys!
Ah come on, Gini. I'll have one if you'll have one. Besides, the candy's all gone, so what's another punch?

Sorry to have to drink and run though, gotta go put the skis on my car so I can get home tonight! Mario, do you know how to pull a sleigh...eeerrr....I mean Tracker? :eek: And silly me forgot to put my boots on this morning. :(

RICHARD
12-08-2005, 03:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051109/lf_afp/afplifestylejapan

lololol, Since we aren't pulling any punches today....

Gini,
You have to pace yourself!!
DONE!

MOFF, one truck load of onion rings and a refill on tea!

Hi Slickster!

One Mobile BM.... :confused:

DONE!

T&P, one for the road and please be careful? :)

Here's an Idea!! If David doesn't mind we can all goo for a ride in his car....follow you home and then come back to the bar......We do need some toilet paper and we can stop at the video store for a movie??? :D

Corinna
12-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Oh can we get " It's a wonderful life?"

RICHARD
12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh can we get " It's a wonderful life?"

First we have to find David.... :D :eek:

Then get Debbie home....I don't see why not! :D

trayi52
12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
It's a wonderful life is a great movie! I would love to see it! Let's get it!

I'll take some hot chocolate, it just feels so cold to me. What is Mario drinking to stay warm or is he just naruarally warm already? Give that boy some hot chocolate too!

Hope everybody is doing okay this week. I know there is a lot of snow everywhere. We are ever supposed to get some, but I am thinking not. I'll believe it when I see it! Just been raining so far.

Willie :)

slick
12-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh, a movie...just what I'm in the mood for. I'll just curl up on the couch with my cat slippers and grab the remote. Sure Lady, you can come up here with me...you too Mario. It's been busy and I could use some fur therapy.

Hey folks....I got a call at work from Debbie. She was driving home from work in snow....or should I say crawling home in snow. Get home safe Debbie and check in tomorrow. :)

lbaker
12-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh ouch ouch, I only have 3 minutes left on the hotel computer (I had to catch up with you guys). Corinna, Gini is right about bringing hubby! Just ask Byron - Catlands hubby. But maybe you should keep your pants on if you come to the BBQ ;) *snirk snort.. yep, you had to have been there* heeheehee* Everyone else.. I'll try to ketchup later or may have to wait until I'm home Saturday night. ooops.. times up. OH QUICK, Wolflady, I'll try to call you later - (dern computer police are giving me looks) have to run.

gini
12-08-2005, 07:56 PM
See what I mean Corinna - everyplace Laurie goes she creates a party.

And no matter what kind - the police show up - just happens this time it is the computer police!! Sometimes, even firemen show up!!!

Debbie - hope you get home safely!!

Slick, move over, I would love to escape and watch It's a Wonderful Life!!!

Richard!!! How about punching it over here!! :D :D

slick
12-08-2005, 08:02 PM
snicker

Yeah, wherever Laurie goes, there are men in uniform.....with big axes and, and, and..... :D :eek:

Guess I'll take an exit stage left. I'm leaving for home now. Be good and I'll check in tomorrow.

xoxoxo

Corinna
12-08-2005, 08:07 PM
FYI I do remember the story about the Pants. I laughed so hard about it and the mattresses the year before.
I have a huge bucket of buttered popcorn and 7-up. Hey make room for me by the fire.

davidpizzica
12-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Ooh! It's a wonderful life! I love this movie. Is there room by the fire? A little known fact is that my father knew Jimmy Stewart in school in Indians, Pa. On a night like this, I can use some hot chocolate with marshmallows!

Lady's Human
12-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Hot chocolate with marshmallows and a Jimmy Stewart movie? Sounds like a winner. Lady, Make room for me on the counch, you can curl up in a couple laps after I sit down.

gini
12-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Corinna, it just seems there is this habit in California that if you are through with your mattress - you just chuck it on your lawn. I have never quite figured that one out - but EVERY TIME I drive somewhere and see a mattress out by the curb, I think of Laurie.

One year I saw so many that I was going to take pictures and send them to Laurie so she could take her pick.

Yes, and Julie ---- here I didn't know her from Adam at the beginning of the BBQ - well we became quite close after Randi, Sara and I worked over her pants at my kitchen sink! Talk about GIGGLES!!!!

o.k. the intermission is over - back to the couch to watch the rest of the movie.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Aaaahhhh...just what I like to come home to, a good movie, extra buttered popcorn, a roaring fire and nice snuggly furballs. Almost worth sitting in traffic 3 hours for.....almost..... :rolleyes:

Yep, you heard right. My normal 40-60 minute commute took me 3 hours. First I talked to Terry, then I talked to my mom, then I stopped for gas, then I was bored and I remembered I had Slick's work phone # programmed in my cell phone, so I called her, got lucky and she answered the phone (I was expecting voice mail) and the next thing you know my battery is beeping at me, telling me it's going dead - drat! But I was aalllllmmmoooooost home, but I stopped at the grocery store first - what they hey, it was on the way - and then I finally made it home - whew! Terry had dinner waiting for me and Peanut and CJ were happy to see me. Now we're snuggling on the couch watchng the news coverage of the plane that went off the runway at Midway. Fortunately I was nowhere near Midway.

So, hope everyone has a good night. Before I got the brilliant idea to start calling people, I got some good pictures and video on my drive. When I get them downloaded those who live in warm climates should be able to experience a real midwest snowstorm. :D

Nighty-night.....coming CJ.......

DJFyrewolf36
12-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Hey Richard

;) :D

I'll take another eggnog

Lady's Human
12-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Richard, after looking at that news article, can we get someone to look at the ceiling in here? :D

Does Irish coffee go with Flexoril? If so, I'll take two of both!

Lady, you can hog the couch for now, just remember you're going to have to move when the rest of the humans get here.

RICHARD
12-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Richard, after looking at that news article, can we get someone to look at the ceiling in here? :D

Does Irish coffee go with Flexoril? If so, I'll take two of both!

Lady, you can hog the couch for now, just remember you're going to have to move when the rest of the humans get here.

Oh, please...no ceiling looking today.

I TRIED to fix a leaky roof for a friend, I THOUGHT I fixed it, right?
We had a small squall pass thru last night...

I get a nice email telling me that the roof leaked, again...(insert foul language here..)

Flexoril, and an Irish Cafe!.....

DONE!

Hey DJ....
One more eggnog....

DONE!

Hey David,
I don't blame you for not letting us ride in your car ;) :eek: :D

One hot chocolate...DONE!

Here's a confession....I have never seen IAWL in it's entirety....

I am going to get myself a triple punch and lay down for a while....

Corrina,

Thank you for sharing your popcorn and 7 up.

Now, let's get to T&P..

3 hours???? How many times did you change the radio? :eek:
I guess I can't complain about the traffic here. If it ever snowed here in CA all life as we know it would end....

LOLOLOL,
Do you remember the joke about the white piece of paper.....

"What is it?"
"A picture of a polar bear during a snow storm!!"

Tray.

Hi how are you....I guess Is shouldn't complain considering the rain you all are getting.

Two chocolates......DONE!

Slick and Laurie....

When you put them both together the world starts to laugh....

Gini, I am gonna punch myself....right in the head!!!

One drink, Punch......DONE!

Since the movie doesn't have to go back until sunday morning let's just have an "It's a Wonderful Life" movie marathon??? :eek:

Karen
12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, I am in for bit, mittens are soaked through, snow is still falling at a rapid pace - I shoveled out the kitchen door, down the driveway and up the front stairs, then had to shovel my way back up - another 2 inches were sitting where I had first shoveled.

It is currently thundersnowing - I understand that doesn't happen in most of the world? It happens several times a winter here!

Richard, I, too have never seen the whole "It's a Wonderful Life," just parodies, clips and snippets. And I figure, might as well not break the streak now!

Lady's Human
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM
You wanted snow, you got it. Too bad I can't box up all the snow from teh yard and send it to ya.

davidpizzica
12-09-2005, 02:09 PM
RICHARD, I just joined the "shovel out the driveway parade" myself! We had about 4-5" in Pittsburgh overnight. Don't worry, I took it easy and took breaks. Karen, Pittsburgh has had thundering snowfalls maybe not as often as you, but we've had them. Does anyone have the coffee going? I'll just sit by the fire and watch George Bailey.

RICHARD
12-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, I am in for bit, mittens are soaked through, snow is still falling at a rapid pace - I shoveled out the kitchen door, down the driveway and up the front stairs, then had to shovel my way back up - another 2 inches were sitting where I had first shoveled.

It is currently thundersnowing - I understand that doesn't happen in most of the world? It happens several times a winter here!

Richard, I, too have never seen the whole "It's a Wonderful Life," just parodies, clips and snippets. And I figure, might as well not break the streak now!

Karen,

I can imagine how frustrating that must be......

You get to the end of the walkway, turn around to admire you handiwork and :mad:

Can I pour you some chai?

DONE!

LH,

LOL,

Any tips on sending snow via post??? :eek:

How's about a refill on the cafe?
DONE!

David,

You better take it easy...I hear the horror stories from people who do too much shoveling....

COFFEE? DONE!

All of you come in and sit down by the fire....

I have been in falling snow twice in my life.

The last time I was filling up my truck to bring home a load for the neighborhood.......I was with my brother and watched a storm come flying UP
the hill, in a valley.. it took about 20 minutes to get to us...It was beautiful and scary...

slick
12-09-2005, 03:07 PM
OK, hear me out. Youz all can just keep yer snow wer it's at!! We don't want none white stuff up here!!!

Things are a bit slower here today so just stopping by for a bit. I'll take a double BM please with a giant olive stuffed with garlic and a skewer of shrimp. MMMMMM.

**plops on the couch**

How is everyone today?

gini
12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Well, after getting up two mornings in a row at the crack of dawn thanks to Annie and also the need to let an electrician in the house.........the city inspector FINALLY arrived.

After my flood event I needed a new electrical panel and it has to have a permit and pass final inspection by the city. The guy arrived and he talked my leg off. Nice guy, didn't want to irritate him, but he gave me the lowdown on two of my neighbors who are being busted for illegal additions to their homes. I had wondered what all of the hammering was about.

Ah, California - where people think they can get away with anything!!!

I fell asleep last night before the movie was over - I sure hope you guys are showing it again. I would like to see Miracle on 34th Street again too...........I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!!!!

Awww, Richard, forget about the roof and rain and pour us another drink!!

♥♥♥♥ to everyone!!

Karen
12-09-2005, 06:09 PM
You wanted snow, you got it. Too bad I can't box up all the snow from teh yard and send it to ya.

I did! I did get snow! Everything is gorgeous, my mittens are now drying on the radiator, and life is good.

No need to mail any. It has stopped now, the roads are a mess, and many businesses just closed up shop! Sheesh! It's just snow, people, which we get every winter? ;)

But it's so pretty, and I was singing Christmas carols as I shoveled, and I do just love it!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Saturday night - NBC - 8/7 central - It's a Wonderful Life.

Karen, check your local listings and make a date with your TV. Remember, you're never too old to see it for the first time. ;)

Way too busy today, time to relax on the couch with a nice glass of punch and an orangie boy. :D

Karen
12-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Ah, but see, I've decided that I never will, so I can always be the only person in the room who hasn't seen the whole thing. I mean, I know all the good parts anyway ...

And I neglected to thank the bartender for the chai earlier, but it really hit the spot!

Oggyflute
12-10-2005, 12:03 AM
G'day everybody,
Snow!!! We cracked 40degC during the week. :eek:
Guess it's more beer weather. :D Though I would never pass up an eggnog.
"Mr Smith goes to Washington" is another favourite of mine, could easily settle down on a couch and watch that with eggnog and lots of comfort food. :)

Lady's Human
12-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I knew I made a mistake when I brought Lady in here......

I just had to let her collar out a notch. She's getting too much from the handouts in here! :D (not that I spoil her, nope, not me)

Corinna
12-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I think we should let Mario pick a movie .leans over to hear him whisperWhat? ok Mario wants the "Busting Loose "movies with Clint Eastwood and Clyde. We'll I guess that could be ok. I do love the old lady screaming about him stealing her oreos.
Lady you look just fine to me. I like my pups a little on the round side (it gets really cold here need that little extra) :D

Lady's Human
12-10-2005, 11:31 AM
It gets really cold here as well, in reality I think Lady is just adjusting to the weather here in the winter. Her tail is even fluffed out a little bit. Her body is getting fuzzier for the cold, and she's spending more time outside than she ever has (More room to run). She IS getting pudgier, though. I think I need to cut back on the cheeseburgers. :D

Anyway, how about some hot cholocolate to go with the movie? Is it Any which way but Loose or Any Which Way You Can? Love those movies. :D

Corinna
12-10-2005, 01:21 PM
How about both I always mess up the titles.

gini
12-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Stopped by for a quick something..............I have my armor on - I AM GOING CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!

Corinna
12-11-2005, 12:04 PM
How did the Amour do for your shopping trip?

Lady's Human
12-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Amour on a shopping trip ? Sounds Lovely. (sorry, corinna, I had to)

I hate Christmas shopping. The one time I enjoyed it was when I went with a friend of my wife. Our first stop was at a sports store where she bought a hockey stick for her boyfriend. For some reason, after that we had no trouble getting through the crowds.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-11-2005, 02:51 PM
I think Gini may be lost in the never never land of a mall!! :eek:

That's almost like our lost and found!!! :D

davidpizzica
12-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Connie, not if she's wearing armor!! She'll stick out like a sore thumb! Especially going through a metal detector.

Lady's Human
12-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Is that Armor with or without a lance? Elf shishkebab anyone?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Connie, not if she's wearing armor!! She'll stick out like a sore thumb! Especially going through a metal detector.
LOL!!! Let's hope she doesn't have to make a fast trip to the bathroom! I can see her now; clanking all the way!!! :D

LH - LOL! Elf Shishkebab!!! Mario says he wants one!!! :D

RICHARD
12-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Saturday night - NBC - 8/7 central - It's a Wonderful Life.

Karen, check your local listings and make a date with your TV. Remember, you're never too old to see it for the first time. ;)

Way too busy today, time to relax on the couch with a nice glass of punch and an orangie boy. :D

lol

Now we are doing TV listings!!

One punch, somehow I think you have the orangie boy taken care of!!

Corrina and LH..

I just stopped in at my mom's house and guess who was on TV....YEP, the Clintster and Clyde.....those movies were filmed two streets over from my house..... :eek:

LOLOLOLOL,

No crowds....and no High Sticking penalties.....great shopping...and do ot worry about Lady, she has been a Lady!

One hot choco?

DONE!

Yes, Mario,

CLyde is related to you, somewhat distantly but related anyway!!!

MOFF,

no wonder it takes women so long....

David,

Oh no, metal detectors at a mall??? :eek:

Hey Og,

Welcome back, we thought we were the proud owners of Possum....

:)

40c, what are you doing down there???

How about an ice cold Corona?

DONE!

Karen, No need to thank the bartender,,,

momoffuzzyfaces
12-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Is Gini still lost in Christmasland? :eek:
Santa may have to rescue her with the sleigh and reindeer!!! :D

lbaker
12-12-2005, 08:44 AM
AARRGH! What day is it? Where am I? Was that knock on the door from roomservice? Oh, no.. it's just Possum and Mario playing pool :rolleyes: Lady is doing arobics after some *not so very subtle* remarks on her - um.. womanly figure ;) After spending almost an hour deleting SPAM from my email the very first "real" message I read was HERE :D But now I have a few other threads I must check out. Some I'm not looking forward to :(

gini
12-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Laurie, good morning! Yes, I agree, Spam for breakfast isn't very good is it?

I am heading on over to the coffee pot to get that going and maybe make some cinnamon rolls to start the day out a bit better.

Glad you are home safely! See, Mario, Possom and Lady are sooo happy to see you too.

davidpizzica
12-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Good morning, ladies! It's cold and snowy in Pittsburgh today. Gini, while you get the coffee perking I'll get some wood from the outside and get a comfortable fire going. Gee, Lady and Mario play pool pretty loud, don't they!

lbaker
12-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Possum, Lady and Mario remind me of Gini, Slick and me ~ if it ain't loud and outrageous it just ain't fun :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Wow, another week when Thursdays has gone on and on and on!

Gini - so glad you made it out alive!

I'm somewhat in a party mood - even though it's Monday morning. I just have to make it through 4 more wakeups before I'm on vacation for 2 weeks! Woooo hooo!!! And we're going to the Keys, so I'll be able to escape this frozen tundra they like to call Chicago. ;) :D

Kfamr
12-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi all at Thursdays.. haven't been around in a while.

I'll take some hot chocolate, extra marshmallows, and a candy cane stirring stick... got that, Richard? Are you able to make some Greenies tea for The Muttlies?

In an excellent mood today.. what a perfect Christmas gift, my brother is moving out!
:D

RICHARD
12-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi all at Thursdays.. haven't been around in a while.

I'll take some hot chocolate, extra marshmallows, and a candy cane stirring stick... got that, Richard? Are you able to make some Greenies tea for The Muttlies?

Hot choco, extra marsh with a CCS to stir. Greenies tea for the muttlies!

DONE!

Has anyone seen "Santa Claus conquers the Martians" yet? :eek:

davidpizzica
12-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Hot choco, extra marsh with a CCS to stir. Greenies tea for the muttlies!

DONE!

Has anyone seen "Santa Claus conquers the Martians" yet? :eek:
RICHARD, believe it or not I have "Santa Claus conquers the martians" on DVD! I ought to dig it out and watch it!

RICHARD
12-12-2005, 04:01 PM
RICHARD, believe it or not I have "Santa Claus conquers the martians" on DVD! I ought to dig it out and watch it!

LOLOLOLOLOL,

That movie is so bad, it rocks......bring it by and we'll screen it for the group!!!

davidpizzica
12-12-2005, 04:37 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL,

That movie is so bad, it rocks......bring it by and we'll screen it for the group!!!
You're right, RICHARD It's SO bad it's hilarious! I'll bring it to the bar and we all can have some laughs! Does anyone have the coffee brewing?

RICHARD
12-12-2005, 04:41 PM
You're right, RICHARD It's SO bad it's hilarious! I'll bring it to the bar and we all can have some laughs! Does anyone have the coffee brewing?

YOu got the movie, I'll make the cofee!!

DONE! :D

Killearn Kitties
12-14-2005, 05:18 AM
Good grief, I just stopped by to do a bit of cleaning before tomorrow and there's David and Richard on the couch watching Pia Zadora in all her glory as Girmar! :eek: Move up guys, I haven't seen this in a hundred years! I've brought some champagne truffles for with the coffee.

davidpizzica
12-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Good grief, I just stopped by to do a bit of cleaning before tomorrow and there's David and Richard on the couch watching Pia Zadora in all her glory as Girmar! :eek: Move up guys, I haven't seen this in a hundred years! I've brought some champagne truffles for with the coffee.
Thanks for the truffles, Karen. I even found this movie on DVD!

Killearn Kitties
12-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Do you think they are relying on its status as one of the 12 worst films of all time to sell it? :D Hmm, now who can I buy that for?

davidpizzica
12-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Do you think they are relying on its status as one of the 12 worst films of all time to sell it? :D Hmm, now who can I buy that for?
Karen, I would think you would buy it for someone you didn't want to spend too much money on!

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 11:21 AM
KK,

I laughed when I read that piece of trivia......Pia Zadora's first movie.... :rolleyes:

I heard this song a few months ago and it's a catchy tune....

David,

Thanks for taking this last Thursday into this week- it made me think of this song!!!

------------------------

Closing time-Semisonic

Closing time
Open all the doors and let you out into the world
Closing time
Turn all of the lights on over every boy and every girl
Closing time
One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer
Closing time
You don't have to go home but you can't stay here

I know who I want to take me home
I know who I want to take me home