PDA

View Full Version : Quicken - Anybody Have It?

elizabethann
12-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Does anybody use the software, Quicken? If so, which version do you have and do you like it? Thanks!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 01:38 PM
I use Quickbooks Basic 2002 and I really like it. However, turns out they are discontinuing Quickbooks Basic and telling us we should upgrade to Quickbooks Pro or Premier - which are both way more than what we need. Therefore I'm hoping we continue to have no problems with our computers because I can't find our disc, which means if I ever have to re-install it, I won't be able to.

lv4dogs
12-07-2005, 02:10 PM
I use quickbooks basic 2005.
They are doing away with the basic but if I remember correctly (I can't find the paperwork on it) if you already have it it will continue to run fine. Or its just the basic, not the basic with a year after it?
Whatever it is I thought that we could still use ours as long as we need to. But I'll have to look into it again, T&P's mom is worrying me.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 02:30 PM
You can still use the Quickbooks you have as long as you want. They may stop "supporting" it, which means if you have questions you won't be able to find answers, but I'm sure that won't be for quite a few years yet. The only thing is you won't be able to upgrade to - say - Quickbooks Basic 2006, because there won't be one.

king2005
12-07-2005, 04:23 PM
My dad ahs been using it for years & LOVES it.. He's able to keep tract of his bank balance & if they don't match he goes through both to see what wrong.. Once the bank lost 50.00 on him.. he printed out all his records at home & the bank gave the 50.00 back to him :)