PDA

View Full Version : Snuggle Bunny

catnapper
12-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Madame Flutter By has been especially snuggly since her operation. I am not going to complain!

Hey ma, whatcha doin' over there?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Whatsupma.jpg

Have time to snuggle with your favorite girl?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/sweetiepie.jpg

Ahhh.... snuggle-rific!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/mamasgirl.jpg

Life doesn't get any better than this!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/snuggled.jpg

One last one showing her surgery spot. Look at how nice it looks already!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Cozylittlegirlie.jpg

I just can't get over how wonderfully she's been doing! I took the pain patch off yesterday and expected her to slow down a bit... nope. She's been running full-force and doing everything she did before and MORE. I know without a doubt this surgery was the best thing for her. I worried soooo much about it and now I see how much she's benefitting from it, and the amputation is not even a week old yet! Whats she going to be like once its completely healed? There will be no stopping my amazing little snuggle bunny!

prechrswife
12-07-2005, 10:52 AM
What a precious little snuggle bunny!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Awww....I'm so glad she's doing so well. :D

christa
12-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Oh Kim, she's so precious!

I am so glad you're keeping her! ;)

catnapper
12-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Keeping her? Who said I was keeping her.... oh, wait, SHE said she's staying! I had no choice in the matter. SHE decided that she rather likes it here, and she refuses to part with Harry. How can I argue? ;)

Laura's Babies
12-07-2005, 11:44 AM
She will get NO arguemnt from me. I think she is where she belongs! THERE!

She has the cutiest face, I love her face but I think I have said that already. I too, am amazed that now without the pain patch that she is showing no pain... such a great little girl! I bet she is just so glad to be home and have a Mommie that loves her (and a big brother), everything else is small to her. I couldn't tell her surgery sight from the rest of her, is "love" really that blind that I don't see it or has it healed THAT good?

When does she go back for a recheck or does she? If guess if all is going well, she don't need to go back unless there is a problem. Is she getting around good now, the weebles and wobbles gone? (You are so darn lucky to have her!!)

catnapper
12-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Laura, attached is a blow up of the incision (so nobody has to look at it unless they want to) Its fading and closing up so well. Of course, the one director of the rescue swears the vet who did the surgery is an artist when it comes to thing like this. I have to agree with her! What I like about Flutter's surgery (opposed to her sister's) is that the vet tucked all the muscle up there so that she A) had the same weight she had before the surgery as a counter balance and B) it is so much more aesthetically pleasing to see something there instead of an almost concave shape where the leg was.

There will not need to be a recheck unless I feel she needs it. At this point, I don't think she will need the recheck.

As for the wobbles... not at all. In fact, she is more sure-footed now than ever. And if my eyes decieve me, I swear she's standing taller and more confident.

Corinna
12-07-2005, 12:23 PM
I guess we know now that the leg was giving here a bit of discomfort. She is really healing fast . Such a sweetie.

kimlovescats
12-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Wow, what an excellent job of that surgery! I am just so thrilled that you went through with it, and the outcome was so fabulous! The pictures of your little snuggle bunny are so very heartwarming! Just makes me wanna say AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! :D

Laura's Babies
12-07-2005, 01:18 PM
I busted out laughing at this...."she is more sure-footed now than ever. And if my eyes decieve me, I swear she's standing taller and more confident."

I think as natural as that looks, I am going to have to be reminded that she had that leg removed and that sight looks WONDERFUL! What made her "cripple" is now gone and now she can just be a normal little girl! It was worth every minute of stress "WE" went through!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Awwww, what a sweet snuggle bunny she is!!
Just look at this supersweet happy face :) :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/snuggled.jpg

catmandu
12-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Keep your eyes,on the mailbox,as I think that The Found Cats all got together,and sent Flutter a little something for Cat Mas,a token of thier esteem.

orangemm
12-07-2005, 05:37 PM
What a difference from a week ago; you were out of your mind with worry and look at her now! It's probably the best thing to happen to her (other than YOU). No wonder she looks so peaceful, happy, and blissful.

That incision looks amazing. You truly do have a wonderful vet.

AlleyCat
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
What absolutely adorable pictures !! The one of her sleeping really looks like a bunny :) The pix of the incision was great -- look at how clean that looks. I'm amazed, and when it's all healed you won't even be able to tell that something was ever there. After all this, it's a good thing she said she's staying with you !! :)

K & L
12-07-2005, 06:13 PM
It's funny you say this cause Mouser's been the same way. I really dread when he gets back to his normal self! ;) Glad to hear she's doing so well.

jenluckenbach
12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Those pictures are precious!! :D And her inscision looks fabulous.

QueenScoopalot
12-15-2005, 11:02 AM
I missed Madame Flutter By's uppy-date, and went searching. ;) She looks wonderful, and is no doubt getting right into the swing of things by now. I was watching some show on T.V., probably Animal Planet, and they were amputating a dogs maimed leg. Apparently is is much less painful to amputate limbs that are useless, than it is to leave them as they are not cutting through any bones, only tendons, and muscle. ;) From what I recall my resident bad boy Impy was getting into trouble within days of his surgery, and he just hasn't slowed down one bit! :rolleyes:Impy is hysterical to watch when he chases his bushy tail lol! He uses his one hind leg like a pivot, and makes ME dizzy watching him! :eek: My Gabriel on the other hand is getting a bit too chunky for a bi-pod! :eek: But I can't amputate his hind stumps and risk UTI, so I just have to watch him for signs of the ends opening. He has nice thick calluses still...knock on wood! ;) Kissies to Flutter, and so glad she decided to stay at the Catnapper Bed & Breakfast! :)

catmandu
12-15-2005, 11:22 AM
We were so pleased that Flutter likes the Little Gift that we sent,and that Our Dear Friends getting some fun with it.
We are praying that Flutter gets better and better,and can make Our Pet Partee in Hawaii.