PDA

View Full Version : Man Beats Dog To Death

areias
12-06-2005, 07:37 PM
:eek: :mad: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/52F3C7061B6B7CB5862570CF007CAA3E?OpenDocument

Man who beat dog to death sentenced to 30 days.
By William C. Lhotka
POST-DISPATCH
12/06/2005

A man who tied a dog to a tree and beat him to death earlier this year is in St. Louis County jail serving a 30- day sentence for felony animal abuse.

Judge David Lee Vincent III imposed the jail time Friday on Ervin L. Perryman, 23, of north St. Louis County, and ordered him taken from the courtroom to begin his sentence, to be followed by five years of probation.

On Sept. 20, Perryman pleaded guilty. He admitted he grabbed Sarge, a mixed-breed owned by a neighbor, tied it to a tree and beat Sarge to death with the baseball bat.

The incident took place on Feb. 8. The dog's owner had let Sarge out that morning and the dog did not return. Prosecutor Michael Bert(cq) said Sarge had attacked Perryman's dog in the past.

Once Perryman had tied Sarge to a tree, he could have taken other action like reporting it to police or complaining to the owner, Bert said. Instead, Perryman went back into his house to get the baseball bat.

As conditions of probation, Vincent ordered the defendant to serve 200 hours of community service and suggested he serve those hours with the Humane Society or some other animal protection group. Perryman must also attend a class conducted by the Humane Society called Power of Compassion.

Perryman is barred from owning a pet and must undergo both psychological evaluation and drug testing.

In court Friday, Perryman apologized for his actions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Only 30 days? How ridiculous is that? If he had beaten a child, he might have gotten a life sentence...

dukedogsmom
12-06-2005, 07:46 PM
1. That's not near enough punishment.
2. I wouldn't want that hateful jerk near any animals!
3. May he rot in hell.

finn's mom
12-06-2005, 07:49 PM
You know, with all the stories about animal abuse, it amazes me that people still allow their cats or dogs to roam around. I'm not saying the owner of Sarge deserves this, no one does. Poor Sarge, how tragic the experience had to have been for him to go through. :( I am happy that the man will never be allowed to own another animal.

Daisy and Delilah
12-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Dear Lord, please let me see the day that all these worthless scumbags are punished adequately. A slap on the hand like this will never be sufficient enough to teach people like this anything :mad: :mad: :mad:

cocker_luva
12-06-2005, 09:12 PM
i would tie him to a tree and then beat him. eye for an eye, i think.

Clare1980
12-06-2005, 09:29 PM
I would take him to the woods and tie him up by the tree and leave him there to rot!

G535
12-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Dear Lord, please let me see the day that all these worthless scumbags are punished adequately. A slap on the hand like this will never be sufficient enough to teach people like this anything :mad: :mad: :mad:

I couldn't agree more. It's the same here, the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

That poor, poor dog. :(

Karen
12-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Tying him to a tree, or even beating him up would not teach him a thing, just make him angry and wanting of revenge.

As angry as this makes me, I do think he should serve his community service time with a Humane Society or like organization, where he could learn that animals are entrusted to our care and should be treated with respect. He could learn how much joy people can find in welcoming a new animal to their home. He would be supervised at all times.

And as much as part of me would like him to get saddled with mucking out stalls of large and temperamental horses who are within chomping or kicking distance, another part of me would like to see him in a room of puppies or kittens who are being silly, goofy and adorable, and completely irresistible. Something to thaw his heart even a little.

At least he gets jail time, even if it doesn't seem like much, it is better than what would have happened not too many years ago, sadly.

senorita02
12-07-2005, 07:21 AM
i couldnt even finish reading what that sick b****** did i am IRATE!
i guess i just wish the whole world would blow up if it means those kinds of people will die and rot in hell sooner!

Daisy and Delilah
12-07-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm with you Karen. Maybe these people need to get an education, once and for all, on how to respect animals instead of mis-treating them. Apparently, that training phase wasn't present or skipped during his up-bringing. I just long for the day that somebody somewhere establishes a stronger course of improvement for the minds of people like that :(

elizabethann
12-07-2005, 07:51 AM
1. That's not near enough punishment.
2. I wouldn't want that hateful jerk near any animals!
3. May he rot in hell.

I agree.

JenBKR
12-07-2005, 07:58 AM
:eek: :eek: How horrible! And only 30 days?? :mad:

Vette
12-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Geez :(

thats just not right.
poor dog

charlestongirl
12-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Thirty days is not near enough, bit I am hoping it's enough to become some huge man named Bubba's submissivly abused girlfriend.

tz1
12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Honestly Karen I think some people are beyond human anymore..That is, I don't think he really has feelings at all for any living things. I honestly think he's beyond helping. He beat a dog to death with a baseball bat..

I'm no advocate for the death penalty...But I really think that his punishment was much too lenient. 30 days in jail...sickening really :mad: poor pup :(

lizbud
12-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Missouri is one of worst states for letting puppy mills flourish. Evidently
a lot of people view animals as property & killing a dog is not that big a
deal.This should be a manditory felony charge in all states.