PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for Rusty (from the CA BBQ)

gini
12-06-2005, 06:22 PM
I just talked to my dear friend and neighbor, Pam. She was on her way to the vets to pick up Rusty.

He has rather suddenly become extremely ill and she rushed him to the vets this morning. She has to pick him up because the vet does not have an overnight person to care for animals.

For those of you who have attended my BBQ - you have met Rusty - the Golden Retriever who is magnificent.

Please, please keep Rusty in your prayers - he is Pam's life and far too young to lose. Ginger, his sister, has been whining all day.

Thank you................Gini

slick
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
This is just so sad. :( :( Rusty and his sister Ginger stole my heart the first time I met them. I'm sending lots of bum scritchies to him along with my prayers that it's nothing serious. Do you have any other details Gini? Did he perhaps get into something bad?? Lord I hope it wasn't antifreeze. I'm sorry that I've been so busy but I will be watching for positive uppydates. Thanks for letting me know Gini. Please give Pam a {{{hug}}} from me, OK?

dukedogsmom
12-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Get well soon, Rusty. I hope the white coats can figure out what's wrong.

gini
12-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks, Slick and Val.....

Pam was very upset when she told me.......so the details aren't very clear.
She said that he had diahrea all night - was vomiting and foaming at the mouth. He also has lost four pounds in less than a month.

That is all that I know right now.

wolflady
12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Oh no!! Poor sweet Rusty and Pam! Urgent prayers are on the way. I really hope something can be done and that Rusty recovers quickly. Pam is a sweet, sweet woman, and I'd hate for her to endure this loss too. :(

Please do keep us updated, and let her know that we're all pulling for Rusty here at PT!!!

**hugs**

slick
12-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Gini, I just got home from work to check on this thread to see if there was any news. :( I'm going to light a candle on my mantel for sweet Rusty and say a prayer for Pam and her family....fur and otherwise.

shais_mom
12-06-2005, 11:02 PM
prayers and hugs on the way for Pam and Rusty
poor sweetie

gini
12-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Pam brought Rusty home and when I talked to her she was preparing a lamb and rice meal for him. He asked to go outside and did - and now refuses to come back inside.

She said he can hardly stand up. He has been given anti-biotics and some vitamin shots.......but they need to get the blood work back and then know how to properly treat him.

I will keep you posted. It sounds as though whatever it is hit him rapidly and he has had a violent reaction. Ginger is in the same yard everyday with him - and she is fine.

Your prayers are really appreciated.....Rusty is such a wonderful companion - everyone loves him to pieces.

krazyaboutkatz
12-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Gini, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. :( Lots and lots of prayers, hugs, and positive thoughts are being sent to both Rusty and Pam.

slick
12-07-2005, 12:33 AM
All I can say is that right now I have a very severe case of Leaky Eye Syndrome...... :( :( :( Dear God, please reach down and place your healing hands over Rusty...and while you are at it, please wrap our arms around Pam and her skinfamily...they are so worried...and so are we. But miracles do happen and I believe this is just the start of one.

slick
12-07-2005, 12:45 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p9d3c4e3dec698ed796b90982c2a59d89/fb9b7aee.jpg

You've just got to get better sweetie!!!!

gini
12-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Good news is that Rusty made it through the night. He still is not eating and doesn't have any energy.

Pam will have results at 1 PM from the vet...........so we will know more then.

Thanks again everyone - Rusty is just such a special dog and young!

slick
12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Any news yet?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Prayers from me for sweet Rusty too! :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Another one I missed because I don't come to the dog side! I really must get over here more often!

Gini, please let Pam know that I, too, am hoping and praying that Rusty will be alright!

Come on Rusty, you sister and your mommy need you!

gini
12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
I just got off the phone with Pam's son in law - and he is home with Rusty now. The blood work showed everything normal - and Rusty seems to be feeling better - up and moving around and wagging his tail. The vet seems to think it was a severe intestinal irritation - and to just watch him very closely. He still isn't eating though.

I only had a dog for a little over a year - so I am not as experienced in all of the signs that dog owners would know in a flash. When my kitties are even the slightest bit "off" I can tell right away.

How can they be so desperate one minute and then back up and running around the next to me is amazing.

I just hope that I can continue to give you good news.

Slick I will email you right now..........xxoo Gini

wolflady
12-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow, I'm glad that the bloodwork came back normal and that Rusty is doing better. I wonder what could have happened. He's such a sweet, big love...and I certainly hope he continues to get better! Thanks for keeping us updated, and if you see Pam, give her a hug for me!

**hugs**

CagneyDog
12-07-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm glad he's better!

krazyaboutkatz
12-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the update Gini. I'm so glad to hear that his blood work is fine and that he's doing better. :) Now hopefully he'll also begin to eat soon. Please continue to keep us updated. More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

wolf_Q
12-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Glad to hear Rusty is feeling better!

cyber-sibes
12-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Will keep Rusty in my prayers. Glad to hear that he's doing better.

Logan
12-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Gini, I simply didn't have the emotional strength to come here, yesterday, and read about Rusty. I'm so glad he is showing signs of improvement. What a beautiful Golden face he has. Slick I'm so glad you had a picture of him to post.

Keep us posted, and I promise to keep checking in.

Logan

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Rusty will certainly be in my thoughts now that I have found this. Poor boy, I wonder what on earth happened to him.

gini
12-08-2005, 01:32 PM
I just talked to Pam again and Rusty has eaten a full meal and also drank a lot of water.

What could this bug have been that would have affected him so rapidly and then have him recover fairly rapidly as well?

I do know that Pam's son had the flu and was very sick himself and he was around Rusty - but human's don't transmit these conditions to dogs do they?

I have passed all of your well wishes and hugs on to Pam - she asked me to thank each and every one of you - she is so grateful and believes that Pet Talk prayers have a great deal of power.

tatsxxx11
12-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh Gini, I was so terrified to read to the end of the thread. Thank goodness he is doing SO much better:) Lord knows what our puppers get into to, to get these sudden intestinal bouts:( Poor Pam must have been beside herself Heartfelt prayers for beautiful Rusty's swift and complete recovery! Please give my love and well wishes to Pam and to Rusty!:)

slick
12-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh Gini, I have this big smile back on my face again. Thank you so much for the uppydate. :)