PDA

View Full Version : How did you discover Pet Talk?

Abby&Buddy'sMom
12-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I was just wondering how everyone here found this wonderful site to talk about our beloved pets...Cats, Dogs or Others :) I personally found out about this site after a friend sent me a link to the Pet-Of -The-Day page a good while back, and I looked everyday day to see each beautiful pet(Cat,Dog or Other) that was featured for that day. One day I scanned down and saw the link for "Talk About Today's Pet in "Pet Talk" clicked on it, lurked for about a week , then signed up to be a member and have become to really enjoy this site as I visit numerous times daily :) OK...Lets hear all your stories too :)

catmandu
12-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I honestly cannot recall,it was a long time ago!

Jessika
12-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Ummmmmmm eventhough it was only a few months ago for me, I can't really remember!!! I remember wanting to find some dog forums to join and found a few others... I've known about pet of the day for awhile but I can't remember if I found the link to PT FROM the main site, or if I found it by a search on google! LOL

EDIT: WOW funny, all three of us joined in September in different years! :o

catnapper
12-06-2005, 05:30 PM
I adopted Pouncer from Jenluckenbach (she was his foster mommy!) and I updated her when he was 7 months old. She mentioned the forum, I checked it out, and here I am two years later!

I have occasionally in the past two years tried to convince her she wants her "favorite foster" back, but she refuses to take him, claiming I made him nawtee!!!! :eek: ;)

Killearn Kitties
12-06-2005, 05:32 PM
I found Cat of the Day after searching for cat photos through Google, but I didn't look at Pet Talk until about 2/3 years later when my Mum's cat was Cat of the Day (18 January 2003 ;) ). I was tickled pink at all the lovely comments from across the world! :D

Flatcoatluver
12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
I found it like three years ago, but never joined untill this year :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM
I had searched the web for a long, long time, looking for just the right forum. I stumbled across this one and just lurked for a few years. I enjoyed it so much and it had everything I was looking for and the people were nice to each other so I joined... Been a member about a year I think. It just "fits" and "feels" right...

Corinna
12-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm am Coast to Coast with Art bell fan he had it on his links page.

k9krazee
12-06-2005, 06:02 PM
I would look at Pet of the Day EVERY day for about a month. I never even noticed the little Pet Talk button! One day I was extremely bored and I was just clicking on everything and was transported here! I joined immediately and started posting away, little did I know how addicted I would become :rolleyes:

lady_zana
12-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I bought a book at a bookfair that was all about cats. It was a book for children. (I just wanted it for the pictures :p ) One day I was flipping through it and I saw it had some links to interesting cat sites in the back - one of them was Cat of the Day. After visiting Cat of the Day for a while, I started looking around PetTalk. I read the forums; everyone seemed friendly and happy to share their pets. It seemed to me like it would be a good place to show off my babies and make some new friends. I'm glad I found it. I've loved it ever since.

kb2yjx
12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Found it on GOOGLE last January. I joined when Raven was COTD(12/9/04)!! Sandra

Toby's my baby
12-06-2005, 09:55 PM
When I was younger i checked the pet of the day, dog / cat of the day EVERYDAY, then Emma formerly Dogz, whom I was BEST FRIENDS with was on PT and she was constantly on here when I went to her house. Then when I got Toby, our former Springer Spaniel, I joined so I could share my good news. :p And here I am two years later :) I LOVE THIS SITE. . .. .EDIT I MEAN, FAMILY ;)

Sonia59
12-07-2005, 04:01 AM
I found Cat of the Day after searching for cat pictures and for a discussion forum about cats in Google. I applied to the COTD for Peppito, and had a look everyday. After he was COTD (6 month later) it took me one more month to discover the PT and to register! :)

orangemm
12-07-2005, 04:12 AM
I'm always looking for info about cats and just happened to find the Cat of the Day picture. The rest is history. Now I go to this bookmark FIRST!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2005, 04:55 AM
:D I was reading my nephew's web-site, and found this link to "Dog of the Day"
http://www.manhaeghe.com/links1.htm
I clicked on it, and BINGO!!!! The rest is history

btw, this is the home-site of my nephew Mario! You all saw the pics of his new cat Figaro! Please, feel free to look at all the pages, he will be thrilled if someone from overseas signs his guestbook(= "gastenboek" in Dutch!! :D )Oops, it is all in Dutch,but just click , and find the answer ;)

Felix
12-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Acually I was at my brothers house and we got to talking about how chocolate can be poison for animals.(he has a dog)So he went to look it up on the internet and came accross this group.I scoped it out and got hooked in minutes :o So THANKS BRO :D I love it,its the first thing I do when I get on the computer..addicted I tell you,ADDICTED :p

Lobodeb
12-07-2005, 10:11 AM
I was looking to post about a behavior problem I was having with Maggy. I did a google search on dog forums and behavior and it brought me here. I posted about the problem I was having and haven't left. That was almost a year ago.

She still has the problem, though. :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I was checking out COTD every day before PT was even around. Then one day when I was checking the COTD, I noticed the link on the bottom of the page - the rest is history. :D

ramanth
12-07-2005, 02:37 PM
It was well before Google, so I think I did a Yahoo Search or something. I was all over the internet searching for sites and message boards about dogs a few months after I got Kia. :)

Miss Z
12-07-2005, 02:48 PM
i'd known about POTD for a while, but when Zsa-Zsa became COTD on September 24th, i saw the pet talk link at the bottom of the page, and saw her thread that people had commented on. I thought that all the other people had the same views on pets as me, so i joined. i didn't expect it to be as addictive as it is though:D !

MULTICATMOM
12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
well I Adopted Several Cats From What's Officially "cats4keeps" During The Years. Lucky For Me Kimlovescats Told Me About This Wonderful Site! :d

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2005, 12:18 AM
I had joined a yahoo cat forum but I never posted anything there. They had a section marked cat links so I clicked on it and catoftheday was there. When it said that there was a new picture of a cat each day this got my attention. I immediately clicked on pet talk and joined. I wanted to ask a question about megacolon because this is what I thought my RB Pepper had. Everyone was so nice and I've been hooked ever since. :)

G535
12-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Another member told me about this site and now I need my daily dose of it! :)

AmberLee
12-08-2005, 01:46 AM
I was a daily visitor to COTD long before PT existed. Some time after I noticed the PT button, I peeked in and lurked for quite a while. Then I joined and got HOOKED.

Donnaj4962
12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I googled "cats" and found this site. I, like many others "lurked" for a while, but was soon caught up in everything. I feel as if this is a family.... and that always is a wonderful feeling!

buttercup132
12-08-2005, 07:20 PM
i found it through a group member on a bunny site belong to i really liked lokin at the pets and found the pet talk button and signed up, some1 sai were like a family and its so true we some times fight but when it comes down to it when we need each other every1 cares