PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Bissell Spotbot! *bye bye cat vomit stains!*

christa
12-06-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm sick of vomit stains on my new carpet! It's a very light color and they stick out like a sore thumb! Soooo, I saw the new commercial for the Bissell Spotbot the other night. I read tons of reviews on the internet and from what I can tell, it's works great and is worth the money.

Then the best part . . . they're between $130 and $140 everywhere, plus shipping . . . I got on Amazon.com because sometimes they have free shipping . . . and they did! Saved $17 bucks there! THEN they had a promotion going until the end of the year, 25 bucks off when you spend $125 in their homestore! So I saved over 40 dollars! YAY!!!

Here's my new toy:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000ASDCXY.01._PE13_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Bissell Spotbot on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ASDCXY/qid=1133911592/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-0131929-5494554?n=507846&s=home-garden&v=glance)

I can't wait to get & use it! The stains have really been bothering me, especially since we just bought this house and EVERYONE has been coming over. You can only cover so many of them!

catnapper
12-06-2005, 10:41 AM
WOOHOO!!! I bet you are excited! I know I would be!

My mom gave me her ancient Bissell Little Green Machine (I guess you could call it the predecessor to the Spot Bot) and it works great.... but I am loving the idea that the Spot Bot just does it all for you... the Little Green Machine requires some elbow work! :D :D :D

catlover4ever
12-06-2005, 11:21 AM
I have a little hand held one and it works wonders. :)

Laura's Babies
12-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Merry Christmas to yourself! I am sure you will get plenty of use out of that and enjoy it for a long time!

krazyaboutkatz
12-06-2005, 11:33 AM
I've seen the commercial too and was wondering how well it works. Please let us know how well it works after you've used it a few times. :)

RICHARD
12-06-2005, 11:38 AM
ED + TILE FLOOR = :D

-------------------------------

Now you just have to get a Roomba and you are all set!

Jessika
12-06-2005, 12:01 PM
WOW they're that cheap?? I would have thought they'd be more in the $200-range!! Woohoo!! Well uh don't have TOO much fun now. I can just picture you after you get it and clean up all the vomit spots... you sit around waiting for your cat to vomit again so you can play with your new "toy" hehehe

christa
12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I've seen the commercial too and was wondering how well it works. Please let us know how well it works after you've used it a few times. :)

Just a few? LOL

I've already got my floor mapped out . . . what spots I'm going to get first! I can't wait!

There are only a few spots (a few too many) in the living room . . . I'm really excited about using it in the hallway though! Our hallway is gross because for some reason, that's where Brodie is always at when he vomits. :rolleyes: But I guess that's better than spreading it all around. :)

The only bad thing I've read about it is that it soaks the carpet and takes awhile to dry . . . but I *think* there's some way to suck the water up with the nozzle too. I was LOOKING for bad reviews, something to make me change my mind . . . couldn't find anything worth worrying about.

I'll let you all know how it works.

RICHARD
12-06-2005, 02:10 PM
lol,

I can see you sitting in your window waiting for the UPS guy....

it"s here!!!

moosmom
12-06-2005, 02:39 PM
I can see her following the cats around saying, "Don't ya have a hairball or something you're DYING to get rid of??? Here kitty, kitty, kitty, how about some more food." :p

Let us know how you like it.

rosethecopycat
12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
My dilemma would be that the thing would be permanently out on the carpet doing it's business.

Yesterday Mr. Jones left 5 donations all by himself.

I'm using a spray called Folex, from Home Depot, which cleans better and any other spray I've tried. And it doesn't have an odor.

My last solution is: vomit colored carpet.

catmandu
12-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Thats a great price,and The Found Cat Hotels due for a new Cleaner!
Thank You for the Idea!