PDA

View Full Version : The Freecycle Network

Laura's Babies
12-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I came across this the other day and it is such a cool idea. I have found 2 in my area, check and see if there is one in your area. All they ask is that everything is given away free and no money be exchanged.

"When you want to find a new home for something -- whether it's a chair, a fax machine, piano, or an old door -- you simply send an e-mail offering it to members of your Freecycle group.

Or, maybe you're looking to acquire something yourself. Simply respond to a member's offer, and you just might get it. After that, it's up to the giver to decide who receives the gift and to set up a pickup time for passing on the treasure.

One main rule: Everything posted must be free, legal, and appropriate for all ages.

Non-profit organizations also benefit from The Freecycle Network. Post the item or items you want to give away and a local organization can help you get it to someone in need. "

http://www.freecycle.org/

Jessika
12-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah I've been a member of that for a few months now. ♥♥♥

The one for my area though, the owner is kind of rude... and the ONLY problem I have with this is that there are A LOT of animals and pets passed around.. the majority of the messages for my area are people either looking FOR "purebred" animals for Christmas (since its this time of the year) or people needing to rehome their animals. It's so sad.

lv4dogs
12-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah I've been a member of that for a few months now. ♥♥♥

The one for my area though, the owner is kind of rude... and the ONLY problem I have with this is that there are A LOT of animals and pets passed around.. the majority of the messages for my area are people either looking FOR "purebred" animals for Christmas (since its this time of the year) or people needing to rehome their animals. It's so sad.

I like the one for my area NO pets of any kind can be posted, weather you are looking for one or have one to get rid of. I love it. But then our craigslist is filled up with animals, I think partially because freecycle doesn't allow it.

poofy
12-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I have frecycle have given away lots of stuff and have more to get out..
what is a craigslist?