PDA

View Full Version : Your Dog Likes Snow?

sandragonfly
12-06-2005, 02:25 AM
my crayola haven't seen snow....yet! I think. :o (he was born in snowy montana and I got him here in california so I don't know).. ahum, I really hope crayola will love snow! [is there any way you could tell he does?]

my long-lost dear family dog, mocha loves snow so much! she'd play..run...leap in it all day long! she have always given me mini heart attacks when she disappeared down in of snowpile a couple of times! :eek: :eek: miss those fun days... :(

anyway, how about yours? :D

finn's mom
12-06-2005, 02:32 AM
I hope Finn gets to meet snow one day, but, so far, he hasn't. I'm sure he'll like it, though...he likes everything else. ;) But, you never know!

sandragonfly
12-06-2005, 02:42 AM
really? I'm surprised he hasn't! and will be surprised if he doesn't..especially finn loveees water so much!

my crayola loves chewing ice cubes but toe-tipping the wet, soaky grass when going out.. :rolleyes: lol!

oh I forgot.. please add any pictures of your snowy doggie(s) if you like! :) I shall find a few of mochas..

oh I'm crying now! :rolleyes: ...

vinjashira
12-06-2005, 03:34 AM
Snowy has never seen snow either :(
hopefully she'll see some this winter

.sarah
12-06-2005, 03:58 AM
None of my dogs have seen snow and I would really like for them too. Mandy I don't think would be too fond of it at first. But I think Nova and Luka would have a blast with it!

chocolatepuppy
12-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Mandy loves snow, but Lacey does not.

tricollie4me
12-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Bijou loves the snow -- she prances and jumps and digs like mad :) She likes to stuff her nose into the snow, she likes to pounce on it, she likes everything about it! Her heavy coat makes her a perfect snow-puppy -- this is fortunate for us since we have snow for four months straight where I live!

BitsyNaceyDog
12-06-2005, 06:54 AM
None of mine have ever seen snow. :(

Pembroke_Corgi
12-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Marta loves the snow and Adele doesn't really care (but she gets cold). Marta loves to dash through snow banks and stick her head in the snow. Today we have MORE snow (on top of about 6 inches) so it's a shame I can't send some to everybody who wants it! :)
Here are some snow pics from a few years ago at the dog park when Adele was still a puppy:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/IM000053.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/IM000054.jpg

Alysser
12-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Sassy ran away in it once and she had a blast. It took me two hours to catch her and now she isn't allowed in the snow.

MyLittleMutt
12-06-2005, 08:04 AM
I don't think Sam knows quiet what to think about it. But I do think she likes it some.

lv4dogs
12-06-2005, 08:55 AM
My whole crew loves the snow.
Especially Nanook, he'll lay out there for hours & hours in that white stuff. Sometimes when it's snowing hard out and he's sleeping, (all curled up in a ball to keep warm of course) and you can't even see him because the snow covered him up. I have to call him & see where the snow moves. lol He still doesn't want to come in though. The last few years I usually have to force him in the house. He doesn't want to come in but I know his arthritic joints just can't handle it like they used to.

Ginger's Mom
12-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Ginger loves the snow. I took her out real early (around 6:40 a.m.) Sunday morning so she could run around off lead, and play in it. She really loves to push her nose in it, and run and circles, and slide, and...yeah, she loves it all. :D

IRescue452
12-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Autumn was born in it, Dec. 3rd. SHe loves to run circles in it and stick her head in it and catch snowballs. She also loves to sniff along all the mouse tunnels in the driveway. Pepper loved it too. She would stand out there for hours and graze on the snow.

pitc9
12-06-2005, 09:15 AM
I can't get them back in the house once they are out playing in it!!
Buddy makes snow angels and Sierra loves to eat crunchy snow or ice.

tz1
12-06-2005, 12:11 PM
zero loves the snow, he runs as fast as he can sliding around, he bites the snow and throws it up in the air and catches it, he rolls in it , and he eats it lol :D

Jessika
12-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Charlie has seen it but since we only had one snowfall last year I doubt he remembers it. Jamie was born in January 05 so while she was probably alive for some snow, I doubt she was old enough to remember. We're supposed to get flurries tomorrow... I guess we'll find out!!

LKPike
12-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Jillian likes it but only when shes got her coat, scarf, and booties on...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p819bd9c85d36e0002e42b69768b61dcc/f129b1df.jpg

Jadapit
12-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Jada and Diamond love the snow. Especially Jada. Ebony hasnt seen snow yet. I wish it would hurry up and snow here, I have a feeling Ebony is going to love the snow. :)

cali
12-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Happy LOVES snow, I always find it amusing when there is very little snow on the ground and somehow Happy manages to come in the house with more snow on herself then there is on the ground..I am not sure how she does it exactly lol

Misty is indifferent about it, she could not care less one way or the other lol

Perky HATES snow, she has a short single coat and is very low to the ground, in the winter she wont even step outside to pee real quick without her boots and jacket.

Ripley is does not care a whole lot but he preferes summer just because he likes basking in the sun, he gets cold quickley in the winter but he is a tough guy and as my mom noticed yesterday happily runs around the yard on 3 legs lol

Blair likes snow, he has a very long thick coat so he likes the cold, but he just as happily runs around in the snow as he does in the grass :p

k9krazee
12-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Jack - YES!
Shadow - Sometimes (more so when she was younger)
Mini - Once in a while
Kyra and Micki - NO!

Jack LOVES it, I literally have to drag him in the house, he would love just to stay out all day!! Shadow and Mini tolerate it but don't like to stay out too long, they do their business and are right back in. Both of them enjoy a good romp through it though. Micki and Kyra absolutely HATE it!! Once it starts getting cold Micki is glued to his little heater vent and has actually been sharing a bit with Kyra. Both would much rather be basking in the sun. They would never be caught playing in the snow, however Kyra does enjoy eating it.

Flatcoatluver
12-06-2005, 02:44 PM
omg yes! They love the snow!! We try to keep them in the house, But they don't like that idea at all! they are nuts about the snow!! There favorite thing is the ice cubes that get frozen in the pool and to try to get that out and when I am throwing snow ball they try to catch them before they hit the ground!

Corinna
12-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Are you kidding of course my frosted snow pups.

kimboe
12-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh yes! Camen Loves the snow!
Can you tell?...hehehehe
he loves it when i kick snow to him, he tries to catch it but ends up all over him!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid170/p3aa88b16a97452c8c5b1ddb0335bc68a/f3fc7b70.jpg

Lobodeb
12-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Maggy LOVES the snow! It's so funny to watch her once it gets deep too because she's so little. She can't run in it, so she has to bounce! All you see is a little black ball of fur hopping through all of the white. She'll also chase the shovel when her daddy is shoveling because she tries to catch the snowballs that fly.

I also throw snow at her and she's totally white by the end of her play session. By that time, she's cold so I have to take her in and defrost her. lol

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Tango and Comet love the snow, The other three hate it.

cocker_luva
12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
jesse's not too big on snow

cyber-sibes
12-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Of course they love snow! Look at my logo, that was Christmas day last year. i'm pretty sure :rolleyes: they don't think we get enough snow!