PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

MyLittleMutt
12-05-2005, 02:31 PM
I know I just asked what breeds you all thought, Sam had in her in the last thread. But I think I got little bit better of a picture.

I know she is still just a pup and could still change her looks alot. I just wanted see if anyone could see any other breed besides Aussie. I can see a little BC in her also. Her ears seem more BC to me then the Aussie, of course I could be wrong.

I've been looking at the two breeds for past week. Just to compare some of her looks to them.

Ok here is the picture. Her eyes are squinty though, and kinda bugs me. But least you can see all of her standing up.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/ziggywiggy05/dec505sam.jpg

Her tail is what really puzzles me. I guess I will really never know, she is beautiful no matter what. I just think it is fun to guess. Anyone else want take a guess?

lv4dogs
12-05-2005, 02:35 PM
The curly tail represents a spitz type dog. I don't know if it is because her eyes are squinty or what but for some reason I see some sort of terrier in her face. I see more BC in her in that pic than Aussie, in fact I don't see any Aussie anymore. lol
Weird how muttley babies change as they age. She's still a cutie!

finn's mom
12-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Basenjis have curly tails...and, they're not really large dogs, maybe there's some of that in her...she's a doll, though, regardless.

in your signature, she almost has a scottie face...

lv4dogs
12-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Basenjis have curly tails...and, they're not really large dogs, maybe there's some of that in her...she's a doll, though, regardless.

in your signature, she almost has a scottie face...

Yeah thats true, but they are fairly rare so the chances of that wouldn't be very great. I see a little scottie in her face too in the sig pic but again they aren't very popular either. lol

.sarah
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I believe Shiba Inus have curled up tails. *goes to look for pictures* YEP! They do ...

http://www.viarural.com.ar/viarural.com.ar/ganaderia/mascotas/pets/perros9/shiba-inu02.jpg
And they are only 20ish pounds ... which shocked me so much I had to make a thread about it a few weeks ago :p I thought they were 40-50 lbs.

I also see possibly Fox Terrier in her ... but in the other photos you've posted, not this one. I think there is definetly some kind of Terrier in her!

I also see a little Border Collie, but I don't see Aussie at all. Do you know for sure that she has Aussie in her or was that a guess?

How big is she and how old is she now?

Husky_mom
12-05-2005, 02:50 PM
in this pic i also see terrier looks, and there are non spitz breeds that when not docked they tails tend to curl, for example i´ve seen a LOT of poodles with curly tails....... any way she´s cute

lv4dogs
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
in this pic i also see terrier looks, and there are non spitz breeds that when not docked they tails tend to curl, for example i´ve seen a LOT of poodles with curly tails....... any way she´s cute

Yeah thats right. ;) I forgot, probably becuse you don't see them all that often. lol

MyLittleMutt
12-05-2005, 02:56 PM
She is about 14 inches, 17 pounds and 5 1/2 months old.

The lady I got her from said the mother dog was a Aussie. But I never did get to see her so who knows. She told me the mother dog got hit by a car,when the pups were around 6 weeks old.

MyLittleMutt
12-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know how to brighten a picture? I have another I took of her face, but it is so dark.

.sarah
12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Oooh she's tiny! I'd definetly say some Terrier (I'm thinking Fox Terrier), possibly Border Collie, and some type of Spitz. For now I'm going to stick with Shiba Inu but it could be some other Spitz breed.

.sarah
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know how to brighten a picture? I have another I took of her face, but it is so dark.
I could do it for you if you'd like. Just attatch it or PM it to me and I'll do it right now :)

lv4dogs
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah she is tiny. Kaige (pure Aussie) was about 40lbs at 5 months of age. But if she's mixed with something smaller she certainly could have Aussie in her. The owner is probably right though, after all she was the owner. Or maybe the mom was an Aussie mix????

MyLittleMutt
12-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Ok, I will pm you the picture.

Yes, I thought she was pretty small for a Aussie mix also. But then again I guess her mom could been a mix.

cali
12-05-2005, 03:08 PM
I see a lot of border collie, the the size fits for 5 months old as well, but while most BC curl their tails when they play, its not exactly a normal postion lol

Muddy4paws
12-05-2005, 03:23 PM
She kind of reminds me of a patterdale terrier

MyLittleMutt
12-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Ok, thanks to Sarah :) Here is the other picture.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/ziggywiggy05/samanthasnowdec05.jpg

finn's mom
12-05-2005, 03:27 PM
she is so flippin' cute! she's so terrier looking in the face...adorable, adorable.

MyLittleMutt
12-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks! :)

I think I'm seeing terrier in her now.

Alysser
12-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Sam doesn't look anything like an Aussie to me. I'd say lab/terrier/Bc mix. She is so flippin cute anyway!

MyLittleMutt
12-06-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks! :)

I don't see any lab in her.

4 Dog Mother
12-06-2005, 08:29 AM
I think she definitely has terrier in her but mixed with what I don't know. Pippi has a curly tail and the only thing I know about her is she is terrier - either Jack Russell or fox terrier or maybe a mix of both!

elizabethann
12-06-2005, 08:53 AM
When I first saw her, I thought she had some kind of terrier in her. She's very cute. She's a Heinz 57.

:)