PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my future princess!

Sonia59
12-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I had very little time for PT lately and I feel a bit guilty for not having updated you earlier! I have finally decided to adopt a little girl from the rescue where I volunteer.

My little princess should be at home next Friday! She is now finishing her treatment against worms and she needs to have her vaccinations. (It is a bit complicated because I adopt her in The Netherlands and they don't do exactly the same vaccinations as in France). After that they keep her a few days in "observation". So, if everything goes fine, she can come home with me at the end of this week!

Here are a few pics. I don't have many and the quality is not good (it is so hard to take good pics of black kitties :rolleyes: I need more training!), but I will have time to take plenty of pics when she will be at home with her big brother Peppito!

Here she is:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Roetje/DSCF5636.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Roetje/DSCF5638.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Roetje/Roetje1.jpg

On this one she is with her brother. He is also extremely cute! And he has already found a home.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Roetje/Timon_Roetje2.jpg

I don't have a name yet for my black girl. The highest on my list at the moment is "Jasmine". Do not hesitate to suggest some cute names for this little pie!! :) :)

Kirsten
12-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Congrats!!! :) She's sweet, a real cutie pie! :) She's looking like Lily's brother Baghira when he was younger.

What do you think will Peppito say to get a new little sister? :)

Kirsten

momcat
12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
What a little beauty... a real heart thief!!!!! And those eyes! I'm sure Pepito will love his new role of big brother. Hurry home, little sweetie.....

elizabethann
12-05-2005, 01:49 PM
OMG...she is so cute!

Laura's Babies
12-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Ooooo! A Princess Blackie! How wonderful!!! Now Samantha can have a new friend on PT! She is as lovely as she can be and will bring you years of wonderful love and companionship.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Waaaaahhhh....I want an adorable little black baby. :( ;) :D She is just too cute and I can't wait for her to come home to you!

A hint for taking pictures of black kitties - the more natural light the better. Flashes really don't work well on black kitties, but if you get enough natural light, you can sometimes see the very slight variations of shades in their blackness. :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
She's adorable!!! Congrats!!! :)

koxka
12-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Awww... she has already the manners of a princess!!! :D

Abby&Buddy'sMom
12-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah!! Another beautiful blackie on PT. Congrats :) Please do post more pictures when you bring her home :) she is a beauty :)

Killearn Kitties
12-05-2005, 02:50 PM
What a beautiful girl! :) I can't wait to see pictures of her when she is home with Peppito!

catmandu
12-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Coalmine stuck his nose in the door,only to have JJJ3 belt him one,thus setting back my plan to take him in before Cat Mas.
It is said thae Black Cats are an omen of Good Fortune,and bless you for giving Princess a New Furr Ever Home.
My Princess is pleased to have a namesake.

CalliesMom
12-05-2005, 07:05 PM
She's absolutely adorable!! Congratulations on the new addition. I personally like the name Jasmine and it seems to fit her very well.

jenluckenbach
12-05-2005, 07:15 PM
She is totally adorable!!!

Toby's my baby
12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
She is so cute!! Congratulations!

kimlovescats
12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
What a pretty little blackie ... congratulations! :D

kimboe
12-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Aawww...what a cute little kitty! I myself had just adopted a blak lil beauty!
They're so cute!! :D :D

Sonia59
12-06-2005, 03:29 AM
Thank you everyone! I will tell my little girl about all the compliments you made! ;)

I also can't wait to have her! I have already decided to adopt her more than two weeks ago! Arrrhhh! It is too long!
I go to the shelter this evening. I don't think I will take more pics, as they are always bad when I use the flash. Thanks for the tip Tubby and Peanut's Mom! I will try with natural light.

"Jasmine" looks like a little bear. She has a rond face, with very little ears and a very short tail too!

Kirsten, I don't know how Peppito will react. He is always very interested by other cats. As long as he plays with them it is fine. But he is very jealous when we are touching or taking care of another cat. And when he feels a threat from another animal in his house, he has a trend to pee....I first wanted to adopt an adult cat, but I thought this problem would be less pronouced with a young kitty. So, let's hope Peppito will understand she is not a threat. I fear I have to wash some carpets in the future...

Kimboe, I have seen your little blackie playing with you dog yesterday. They are adorable! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-06-2005, 03:42 AM
What a beauty Sonia!! She looks a lot like my RB-Sydney!!
How about the name "Tabitha"? Goes well with Peppito ;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-06-2005, 05:39 AM
awwww

She is so cute! Congratulations on your new baby!!!! :D

Barbara
12-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Oh she's so cute :)

In one of the pics you can see her black in black tabby markings. :)

moosmom
12-06-2005, 07:15 AM
She's one beautiful little girl! Congratulations on your new addition!!

kilbarchancats
12-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Sonia, she is incredibly beautiful and I can only imagine how excited you are waiting for her to come home with you. What a purrfect Christmas present - better than any money can buy. she reminds me very, very much of my Charlie boy who we lost last year and so I will be especially looking forwards to loads of pictures of her progress