PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for Molly Meu

kb2yjx
12-05-2005, 06:36 AM
Any prayers that you can send to Molly Meu would be greatly appreciated!!Molly is about 12 yrs old, she was rescued from the VA hospital grounds where I worked in 1994. Now, Molly is a kidney cat, she has not been eating, not even the bribe food that has worked in the past. The sub q fluids are not holding her. I am calling the vet when the office opens in about an hour. Right now, Molly is sleeping on her favourite cushions. There is a photo of Molly on Kim's Terrific Tabbies, but, of course, she is much cuter!!!
Thank you ALL in advance for your prayers!!!! Will keep you posted.
Sandra

catmandu
12-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Our Prayers are coming for Molly ,and that the Lord gives you the Christmas Present that you want the most,the gift of Mollys Health.

Laura's Babies
12-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Prayers sent. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. Keep us posted please.

Killearn Kitties
12-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Please let us know how it goes at the vet with Molly. We will all be thinking of your sweetie.

Sonia59
12-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Prayers to dear Molly Meu, and plenty of kisses. Be strong girl!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I will most certainly be thinking about and praying for Molly Meu. Tubby was also a "kidney cat" so I know what you're going through. Towards the end with Tubby, he had many ups and downs and one serious major down which my wonderful vet turned into a serious up when I thought all hope was lost. Hopefully your vet will be able to do the same for Molly Meu. :( {{{hugs}}}

kuhio98
12-05-2005, 09:14 AM
We're praying up here for Molly Meu. Have you tried jars of baby food? When Kuhio was off her food, baby food usually perked her appetite up. Pleae keep us posted.

furrykidsmother
12-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Prayers on their way!

sasha the cat
12-05-2005, 11:56 AM
We are praying for Molly Meu. Give her lots of gentle caresses and kisses from us.

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. :( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

kb2yjx
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
It seems that Molly was/is having one of those(really) down days. She tried to take a pork chop off my dinner plate!!! I cut up a few tiny pieces which she devoured. Molly(like Boo)has now decided that she will eat only dry food. Our vet called and I am going to pick up a new Royal Canin dry kidney diet(21%protein). Dr. Ascher and I both agree that Molly has reached the point where diet really doesn't matter, just as long as she eats. O, did we try bribe food!!! The chicken baby food is always the LAST I offer when the cat is off their feed. Also tried chicken chopped up, a bit of tuna fish, and Silverbrite(a salmon caught wild in the Pacific northwest(a BIG favourite of Molly's)), but she just would not eat. Since she is so small, I have to be careful and not to overhydrate her, I don't want to throw her into heart failure with the overload of fluids. Molly tolerated her 100cc's of warmed Lactated Ringer's.
I truly appreciate all your prayers and concern for Molly. I am very sure that made a difference, she sensed all your love!!!! That is what is so nice about PT, everyone pulls for the other person's pet!!! THANKS!!! Sandra
PS: Will let you know how Molly likes the new food.

Killearn Kitties
12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Molly sweetheart, please love your new food! We are all rooting for you here, baby! :)

kb2yjx
12-06-2005, 09:17 AM
As I write, Molly is on my lap, purring her appurcreciation for all your prayers and kind words that you sent her way!! She DEVOURED the Royal Canin Renal LP 21!!! I just ordered a larger bag for her!! I remember doing the exact thing with my BOO when she decided she did not want to eat. I do anything to keep them eating!!!! Agsin, THANK YOU!!!!! Molly Meu and Sandra

Killearn Kitties
12-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Clever girl, Molly! Keep munching that new food for mummy! :D

Randi
12-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm glad to hear that Molly Meu likes her new Royal Canin food. :)

Sending lots of positive thoughts and hope she'll feel better soon!

Barbara
12-06-2005, 01:55 PM
I am sorry I didn't check that thread earlier but happy to hear Molly is doing better.
Filou loves the Royal Canin kidney dry food- it's his favorite. Even Tigris who isn't sick devores it- and he would never touch any of the other diets.

Filou eats the RC kidney wet food as well- but he likes it not half as much as the other.

But I agree with you- at her stage it may be more important that Molly doesn't loose weight.

We keep fingers and paws crossed for her.

kimlovescats
12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm just now reading this thread. Sorry to hear that Molly was having hard times, but relieved to see that she is doing better! ;)

rg_girlca
12-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Phew, I'm glad I came in on the good news. Way to go Molly girl. :D You just keep eating that Royal Canin food and stay well sweetie.

Prayers still on the way that she continues doing well. :)

kb2yjx
12-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Molly did OK at supper. I think she knows that she was going to get sub q fluids, no matter how non plus I act. I think Molly can read my mind!!! Barbara, I sent you a pm, did not know that RC made canned kidney food!!!
Thanks for the info!! Sandra

krazyaboutkatz
12-07-2005, 12:24 AM
This is wonderful news!!! I'm so glad to hear that she's eating again. :D

kb2yjx
12-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Although a bit picky at breakfast, Molly did eat!! Will see how she does at supper!! Sandra