PDA

View Full Version : Camera Cord Help

MariaM
12-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey...I'm so irritated right now. Does anyone know what I can do? I lost our USB cord for our camera, and have NO idea where it is, I've searched the house twice. Grrr what can I do? Can you like buy a cord separate, or something? It's driving me insane, especially since I have to order my Christmas cards, and post my Gift Swap pictures.

G535
12-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Any pc or electrical store should have USB camera cables. :)

Laura's Babies
12-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I am sure you can order one somewhere. Whatever kind of camera it is, look it up on the web with XXXDigitalCamera/parts. Do you have them on the camera itself or on a memory card? If on the card, take to wal mart or someplace and have put on a CD...

I realized the other day when I went to sew that the last time my sewing machine was "borrowed", a gasket has dissappeared so I looked it up on the web and found it in just a few clicks. (Still have to order it though)

Jessika
12-04-2005, 07:18 PM
If your camera has external memory you could also just purchase a card reader :)

wolfie
12-04-2005, 07:25 PM
If your camera has external memory you could also just purchase a card reader :)

I got a card reader when Benjamin chewed my camera cord! It works well. (And I never leave it on the floor!)

slleipnir
12-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Card reader. They're also much faster :D

Jessika
12-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh I thought I would add that with a card reader you also do not need any additional software to transfer images from your card to your computer because it shows up as an external drive in My Computer. Not only that but if you have XP this neat little window pops up after you insert your mem card giving you the option to copy the images to your computer in an organized and automatic fashion. I LOVE it and this is what I do! :)

MariaM
12-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Ohh sounds neat, how much approximately does a card reader cost?

Jessika
12-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Well it depends on what type you need, or if you want a universal card reader it will be slightly more expensive.

If you search on Froogle for "USB Card Reader" you can find some relatively cheap!

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=usb%20card%20reader

poofy
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
I have a card reader on my epson but have never been able to get it to work..
I also have a small camera that sits in a dock that i can put my card in and use it to read my card, but would like to get the card reader to work..
Epson replaced the first printer,scanner, copier, card reader..because I told them it didnt work but the second one does the same thing..I havent researched it..but think im going to to see what im doing wrong..that card reader is a good thing will tell my daughter she needs one.. :)

Vette
12-09-2005, 07:08 PM
I asked my on line friend about card readers and she said she got hers for $18.00

anna_66
12-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I have this (http://www.lexar.com/readers/multi.html) card reader. I love having a card reader. I'd really recommend getting one. I think it was around $20 or so.