PDA

View Full Version : How much money?

SammyCat
12-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi, my 2 kittens I think have worms. I would like to take them to the vet to get all of the worms treated (I dont know what kind, and I just want them all to go away)

I need to get the money, so I just wanted to know, approx how much would it cost to get tests done/medication?

I live in Canada by the way

Thanks alot.

Jessika
12-04-2005, 05:27 PM
What TYPE of worms? If its just ringworm and you see little fragments or worms in their poo, then you can get soem OTC treatment for less than $10 at places such as Walmart

catmandu
12-04-2005, 05:27 PM
It would depend on your Vet,if you could just get a medicine,becuase if you take them in,he will probably charge you for a visit.
But you should probably have them looked at,as Kittens can be fragile.
Best Of Luck with your Babies!

catnapper
12-04-2005, 05:31 PM
It depends on your area, the vet's regular fees, and the medicine involved. I just took my Harry and Abby Friday for their yearly shots -- the bill came to $128 US. The typical vet visit around here is $45 just to see the vet, per cat, plus any meds or tests.

barncat
12-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Since they are kittens doseage can be somewhat tricky so a vet is pretty much necessary. Call around to the vets and see who offers the best prices. There is a huge difference (I live in Wisconsin, US and office visits in my area vary from $25-75). Usually vets who serve the farming communities have lower rates. Most vets in my experience will let you postdate a series of checks to time pay for services, so ask about that too. You might call the humane society and see if they can help you or suggest thces e most affordable services in your area.