PDA

View Full Version : New Carpet Torn Up By Chica!

Chica
12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
CHICA WAS LEFT ALONE IN THE MASTER BEDROOM TODAY WHILE I WAS SHOPPING AT THE MALL.SHE LIKES TO CUDDLE UP UNDER THE BLANKET ON MY BED AND STAY WARM AND GO TO SLEEP.SHE IS 1 YEAR AND 8 MONTHS OLD NOW.I THOUGHT SHE WOULD JUST TAKE A NAP WHILE I WAS GONE. HER FOOD AND WATER WERE ALSO IN THE BEDROOM. AND A COUPLE OF CHEW TOYS.I GOT A REAL BIG SURPRISE WHEN I CAME HOME. SHE HAD CLAWED OUT SOME OF THE NEW CARPETING BY THE BEDROOM DOOR.I WILL NOT EVER TRUST HER AGAIN. SHE WILL HAVE TO STAY IN THE KITCHEN WHERE I CAN KEEP HER CLOSED IN WHEN I AM GONE FROM NOW ON. :mad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/mycutie11.jpg

I WAS MAD BUT NEVER HIT CHICA, I JUST YELLED AT HER THAT SHE WAS BAD AND RUBBED HER NOSE INTO THE CLAWED UP CARPETING.
I AM HAVING IT REPAIRED RIGHT NOW. I HAD EXTRA CARPET IN MY GARAGE.
HOPEFULLY IT WILL LOOK OKAY!DOES ANYONE HAVE A DOG WITH SEPARATION ANXIETY????? :( :confused:
CHICA HATES TO BE WITHOUT ME!!!!I LOVE MY CHICA!!!!!!!!

CagneyDog
12-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Aww, I'm sorry that happened :( Maybe Chica should become crate trained? That way she can stay in a crate while you are gone and problems like this would happen?

Hopefully this wont happen again, but if it does, please don't rub her nose in it and there is absolutely no use of yelling at her unless she was caught in the act.

Chica
12-03-2005, 08:30 PM
CAGNEYDOG, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. My daughter told me that i should at least let her know that what she did was wrong by rubbing her nose in it. :confused: anyway, i am going to start with a training prgram tomorrow with Chica in a dog training class. I signed up about a month ago. I will talk to the trainer about it also. Thanks for your response.

DogLover9501
12-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I agree, you shouldn't have rubbed her nose in it, or yelled. Chica could have torn the carpet as soon as you left, and by the time you got back she probably did not know what she had done, and was very confused.

Good luck with the training :)

KYS
12-03-2005, 10:34 PM
OH MY!!! Your brand new carpet. I can see why you
were upset. Guess it's back in the kitchen area for Chica
next time you leave your place.

I can not believe how fast you got that carpet fixed.

Jessika
12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Yes disciplining does NO good unless you catch them in the act, unfortunately. Otherwise she'll think she's in trouble for being happy to see you home or something completely unrelated!

anyway yes, I strongly suggest crate training :)

Chances are likely she clawed up the carpet because she wanted out of the room. Maybe don't lock her in the room next time?

Also rubbing their nose in it does absolutely nothing as well. Like I said, unless you catch them in the act and discipline immediately after, they will have NO clue why they're in trouble :(

Laura's Babies
12-03-2005, 10:44 PM
My sister had a tiney poodle that had that separation anxiety and she refused to crate her when she left the house. She reapired many, many doos and walls where Holly Rae tried to get out to go with her.

G535
12-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Look on the bright side, at least she has good taste in what she wrecks! :D

Chica
12-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Thank you everyone! I learned a good lesson about my dog and how to train her. ;) I really appreaciate this forum!!!!! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-06-2005, 06:37 AM
A friend of me had similar thing with her dog, a cocker spaniel! She, her hubby, and her daughter are all gone all day until 3.30 pm. Toby (that dog) chew on ANYTHING he could find in the room: blanket, boxes, furniture, even the doorposts! As they rent the house, she didn't like it that Toby ruined so much! Then they bought a huge metal crate, and trained him to stay in there during the day. No more problems now :) !!