PDA

View Full Version : NEW FAMILY ADDITITION!!! * pic *

EssTer
12-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Hello again!
I know I havent really wrote so much, but I read most threads all the time ;) too lazy to write something ;)

So today was kinda strange day!
My family went to forest to take some walk..and then my sister said to me - look there´s a rabbit! I was like, yeah right..and then I really saw a rabbit! black&white - the little guy came hopping to us, and I took him in my arms...around there was some lettuce - I guess people didnt want to own a litle buddy anymore, so they went and just let him go free in forest! and actually it was really cold outside, and as a pet bunny - it had very very soft fur, and he couldn´t live there for a long time! of course we took him home, and now he has got plenty of food and warmth! he already got to know the ratties and Simba the cat ;) he´s doing just fine and we´re probably keeping him!

I just dont understand people - if they dont want to have bunny anymore, why they just do not advertise that they give bunny or just go with little guy to pet shop, where the rabbit will find good home!!!!!!!!

argh...I was really shocked, cause I thought such things doesnt happen in Iceland - we dont have any homeless dogs or cats..well we have bunnies I gues...I will attach the photo!!!

dukedogsmom
12-03-2005, 02:21 PM
He's so cute! I'm glad he's got a good home. I can't beleive someone abandoned him like that. He reminds me of my black and white rabbit that I had as a kid. I named him Nibbles because he chewed on everything. I'm happy to hear from you.

finn's mom
12-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey, it's good to see you! That's a great photo of you and your new bunny! It's lucky for both of you that you found him. :)

buttercup132
12-03-2005, 05:09 PM
aww hes cute , but i dont really agree he'd find a good home if you gave him to a pet store but scince ur keppin him im sure hell be fine...well actually do u know if its a him, if not ill tell u he looks oild enough to know if anything has droped so if there 2 big things at the side then its a boy if not a girl im pritty sure if it was a boy it wouldnt be nutered cuz the people prob wouldnt care enough to spend that money on him. got a name for him yet?

EssTer
12-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Well the thing is that here in Iceland pet stores are different from american - we dont have pups and kittens for sale there...Pet stores are really good here - they help finding your pet good homes - if I would go and say I cannot find good home for my kitten - they would take kitten, and find him home - not sell him, but give him to good people! ;) it´s hard actually to explain, but it´s differently from USA and maybe other contries ;)

Aldready checked - yes it is a boy ;) I´m sure :)

and no, we´re still thinking of name for him ;)

Laura's Babies
12-03-2005, 05:20 PM
God will bless you one day for helping this beautiful creature he created. I am horrified that someone would just dump a tame bunny in the woods. Thank God you came along!

poofy
12-03-2005, 05:25 PM
He is soooooo cute, my grandaughter is wanting one so bad, but have to wait till they find their own place to live..lol..I have one of their dogs kirby and sometimes have samson, so dont think im ready for a bunny yet, but they are so cute was looking at them in the pet store..lol..she will prob ck out adoption if its not higher than buying..adoptions can run very high here..

buttercup132
12-03-2005, 08:46 PM
dumping a bun is almost the worst and crulest things you could do to a bun,
so your pet stores are in a way kinda like shelters?

G535
12-03-2005, 10:22 PM
It sure was lucky for that poor rabbit that you decided to go for a walk there, I'm happy he has found a good home. Nice to see you back here too. :)

EssTer
12-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Buttercup - yeah..kinda shelters..for small animals ;)

Felix
12-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Im so glad you found him in time,your his angel ;) Great photo!!

Karen
12-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Goodness gracious, we are glad you found him! Does he have a name yet? Lettuce is not even good bunny food - not nutritious enough! Parsley! Gosh, anything we can help you with? He looks so soft and so comfortable in your arms, too. Miss Hoppy says congratulations, and would *thump* the people who dumped him there!

sasvermont
12-04-2005, 08:51 AM
What a lucky guy this bunny is! Is he neutered? I suggest a vet visit to make sure he is healthy. I don't think (don't know) if bunnies can transmit diseases to folks and other pets. He looks pretty healthy to me, from the photo.

Gosh, such a lucky bunny wabbit.

I have two bunnies and have had good luck bonding them after a full year of fights and vet visits. One wabbit is nice, but two is much easier, as they keep each other warm and they have a built in playmate. My two LOVE each other and have learned to share the food.

Your vet should be able to give you sound advice about what to feed the bun. There are different schools of thought and of course, each bunny is different. Mine eat high quality pellets (show quality) and they get veggies nearly every day, never getting ice berg lettuce, but mostly organic spring mix. I usually buy organic things for them, as well as myself. They eat banannas, grapes, carrots, parsley, all fresh things from my outside summer garden.....in the winter they get less as it gets expensive to buy at the store......My two are not too fat, although one is much bigger than the other.

The most important thing is for them to have fresh water all the time.

I would have him checked for fleas too......the vet can do that.

Ok, that's about it. Enjoy this little guy. He sounds like he is people friendly and would love a good home such as yours.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-04-2005, 09:06 AM
What a cute and sweet little bunny!! I am so glad thatyou saw him so you could save him. Otherwise he would have frozen to dead :eek: !

Thank you for saving this precious life! How about calling him "LUCKY" ?

slleipnir
12-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Congrats!

Almita
12-04-2005, 02:21 PM
aww he is so cute! Congratulations!!!

EssTer
12-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanx a lot for advices :)
We will be visiting vet in the beginning of next week! Bun is doing well, eating a lot :) lol and hopping all around ;)
WE are still thinking of name..lol..very hard..any ideas? :D

Toby's my baby
12-04-2005, 03:08 PM
He is so cute!! Congrats on the new addition! My friend Kylie had a rabbit, that looked just like that! Its name was Rio, sorry, i'll try to think of more "creative" names. . i'm not too good with names. . . :o

EssTer
12-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Here´s a photo my sister took yesterday with her cell phone camera ;)

And i´m STILL thinking of name..lol..it´s gonna take some time cause I´m not good with those names lol :D

sandragonfly
12-06-2005, 01:08 AM
such a lucky boy! merry merry christmas (lucky?)!! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

wow, he looks so pretty, prisinely in background of snow. . . big congrats and glad you found him.

names, hummm.. dante? snowy? I like lucky too :) .. um, othello? (definitely a black/white name!!) actually now that I've said the last name, othello it is! :D

beauoooo-tiful!

Alysser
12-06-2005, 06:51 AM
CONGRATS! He is so handsome and so cute! I am so glad you came along to take him.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-06-2005, 07:10 AM
such a lucky boy! merry merry christmas (lucky?)!! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

names, hummm.. dante? snowy? I like lucky too :) .. um, othello? (definitely a black/white name!!) actually now that I've said the last name, othello it is! :D

beauoooo-tiful!

Awwww, I LOVE the name DANTE!!Sounds perfect :)

LKPike
12-06-2005, 09:59 AM
awww he seems so comfortable and at home :) just like hes always belonged there!

I like "Lucky" :)

EssTer
12-30-2005, 09:16 AM
He´s got a name..Hhis name´s Felix, which means 'lucky' in latin :)