PDA

View Full Version : Melissa rescued another baby kitten.....

carole
12-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Most of you will know the continuing saga of my irresponsible neighbour and her cats, but we are slowly getting it under control, Melissa rescued four babies last weekend off one mama, and the other mama appeared to have only one kitten, sadly the other had died, she was only bringing out the one and we have seen no more, bubs was in a bad way, her eyes were nearly stuck shut, would have only been a matter of time, but mama had done a good job of feeding her, she had a nice rotund belly, probably help that i have been ensuring mama was getting regular food, and she only had the one baby to feed.

We gave her a temporary name of lUCKY, she was a cute little black and white girl, she is now at the shelter along with her cousins.

It was great to see the other doing well, they still have eye problems, but i believe it does take time, they were looking healthy and bigger in just one week, and they are getting tamer, especially the little ginger boy we named Skittles, specs the first one Melissa rescued is ever so cute.

The mama of the first babies is booked in for wednesday spaying, (gosh I feel so nervous about it all) thanks to the very kind donation given to me from Kuhio(Lisa) all the way from Alaska, isn't that amazing., and the other mama i have named her Zara i am going to have to trap to get her spayed, then just one more to go, get her kittens and get her spayed, and then it will be over, and I will be glad, I have always had the utmost respect for everyone here who either fosters or rescues or does both , now I am in completer aww of you all, I do not know how you cope,it is so stressful , and I am not even doing all the hard work, I will be glad when my life can just get back to normality.

Zara poses a problem because this neighbour is planning on moving in the New Year and she will be left behind, because she says she is a stray (but I know it is one of her cats kittens from last year), she will be lonely too poor thing as the other two are her mother and grandmother, i will of course continue to feed her but that is about the best she will have, at least when i trap her and spay her she won't keep having kittens,she is very cute and i will get pics of her and all the cats and babies, we had the camera yesterday, but in our hurry did not check it and the battery was flat , darn it.

So there you have it the uppydate on the ongoing kittie rescue going on down under., wish us luck for the rest of it all and hope all goes well for the kitty on wed. CHEERS.

finn's mom
12-03-2005, 12:39 PM
wow, what a mission! :) that's awesome! good luck with the rest of the rescue! and, that is awesome that lisa donated the money to help with the spaying...very very cool.

carole
12-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah Kari it is a mission in a half all right, one I will be glad to put behind me, and yes I was overwhelmed by Lisa's generosity, just continues to show me what a wonderful place PT and its members are,without her donation I would have been at loggerheads for sure. :)

Laura's Babies
12-03-2005, 04:10 PM
If people just knew how their irresponsiability effects the cats and kittens and the people who care enough to do something to help them! It is NOT just THEIR business... but society's business. GOD Bless you Carole for stepping up and doing something. It does rip your heart out and can be so expensive!

moosmom
12-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Atta girl, Melissa!!! You are a true animal lover!! You two are the BEST. At least some of these cats have a chance.

Lots of love and ((((((((HUGS))))))))))) for a job well done!!

Donna and the fur kids and bald dude.

poofy
12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
wow what an awsome job..keep up the good work.. :)

kuhio98
12-03-2005, 05:58 PM
carole, You and Melissa are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work!

carole
12-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks but really it is Norma at the cat shelter who deserves all the credit, she is the one looking after these rescued babies, we have a thing going online at the moment through nestle where you can nominate someone who does volunteer work, I have nominated her, so I really hope she gets a basket of goodies worth over 150 dollars, she so deserves it, I guess Melissa and I are playing a small part here, but an important one all the same, the payoff is seeing those babies starting to get healthier by the minute and knowing now they at least have a chance of finding wonderful homes in the nearby future.

To Kim, Catnapper, K & L .QSA, and anyone else I may have forgotten who does fostering and rescuing I take my hat off to you, you are very special people, and I honestly don't know how you all cope with it all, I really am not made of the right stuff for all this, but I will soldier on for those kitties sake, as they are my top priority. :)