PDA

View Full Version : Veterinarian arrested after allegedly kicking dog

QueenScoopalot
12-03-2005, 11:42 AM
http://www.fox30online.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8443C9E3-4EE4-4D28-BE93-1EF4D5D3B609
Veterinarian arrested after allegedly kicking dog

Watch Video

A local veterinarian is out on bond this morning after being arrested on animal cruelty charges.

Investigators say Scott Reed abused a dog while trying to give it a shot at his clinic, Creekside Veterinary Associates in Middleburg.

The complaint says Reed dangled the dog in the air by its leash and kicked it.

Animal control investigated the incident because the dog bit Reed, forcing the vet to go to the hospital.

Police say Reed was fired from another clinic after two other cruelty allegations back in 1999. Reed was also arrested on domestic battery charges back in February.

areias
12-03-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure about the whole story. I mean...if a dog bit you hard enough you might react strongly, but I'm not sure if it would cause you to dangle it and kick it...but it's sad that a vet can't deal with something like that. Was the dog ok? :(
I don't have time to watch the video right now.

CagneyDog
12-03-2005, 10:31 PM
How sad :( That poor, innocent dog. I can't believe he was hired after he had those previous charges.

Soapets
12-04-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm thinking the dog bit him BECAUSE of the way he was treating him. The dog isn't vicious, the man is! I haven't watched the video yet, either, but it sounds to me like the man deserved to be bitten, at the very least! :mad:

Deb

Kfamr
12-04-2005, 08:49 AM
That man is disgusting. He had 2 other animal abuse incidents AND arrested over abuse of his wife.... YET THEY HIRED HIM!?!?!! And he's out of jail. Great.

LKPike
12-04-2005, 11:15 AM
I REALLY just don't get it. We're constantly shuffling our dogs around from clinic to clinic due to new techs and what not that seriously don't like animals and theres one in particular that both my dogs literally run from.
Shes been chewed out before by the owner of the clinic (after we chewed him out for not firing the little sleeze whor...) for slamming Frankie down on an exam table, in front of us.

Why are you working with animals when you don't like animals?

Laura's Babies
12-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Animal abuse & wife abuse? They go hand in hand, you CAN judge a person by how they treat animals. This guy sounds like a real LOOSER!

Hopefully, NOBODY else will hire this looser...

.sarah
12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
How sad :( That poor, innocent dog. I can't believe he was hired after he had those previous charges.
That man is disgusting. He had 2 other animal abuse incidents AND arrested over abuse of his wife.... YET THEY HIRED HIM!?!?!! And he's out of jail. Great.
Yeah, that makes no sense. He should have gotten his liscense suspended after animal abuse charges! That really boggles my mind ...

I REALLY just don't get it. We're constantly shuffling our dogs around from clinic to clinic due to new techs and what not that seriously don't like animals and theres one in particular that both my dogs literally run from.
Shes been chewed out before by the owner of the clinic (after we chewed him out for not firing the little sleeze whor...) for slamming Frankie down on an exam table, in front of us.

Oh my gosh that's horrible :(

*LabLoverKEB*
12-06-2005, 06:34 PM
That just sickens me.

areias
12-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I, too, have problems with the vets around here. They're just not personable, and I want to be able to talk to my vet. I even went to Banfield, that Petsmart vet, and my dog came back a shaking mess, even though it was just for a urine sample. Horse vets around here are hard to find, and the ones I've dealt with were horrible, but I've finally found one I like, after many months of looking.

joycenalex
12-06-2005, 08:56 PM

how did you not go over the table at the tech? if that happened to my baby, i really don't think i'd not hurt the tech myself, at the very least, my fingers would be on techs' throat.

Clare1980
12-06-2005, 09:07 PM
He shoudnt be allowered to be a vet if he treats animals like that.

My dog would certainly NOT let him touch her!

Do any of you ever get the feeling that vets talk down to you?

cocker_luva
12-06-2005, 09:11 PM
that is soo horrible! what a disgusting man!