PDA

View Full Version : Parakeet Problem?!?!?

Randy
12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Hi, My parakeet just recently had 2 eggs. She is sitting on them and everything but i was wondering, when the eggs hatch do i have to buy them special food?? do they require special needs? Know any good sites?? What are some things that i can do for the soon to hatch birds?

Alysser
12-03-2005, 06:38 AM
I have a parakeet and I think there is something special you can by them. But I'm not sure. My advice for you is to go to Petco or Petsmart and ask. They know everything! They can tell you anything you want to know. Or you can look for some other pet communtiy online to ask. Sorry I couldn't help much because my parakeets never had eggs. Good Luck and I'd love to see pics of the new babies.

Randy
12-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the help, and i will defenatly send pics of the baby's. ;)

Jessika
12-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Do you just have one female parakeet?? If you do and there was no male to fertilize, the eggs will not hatch.

crazy_caique
12-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Do you just have one female parakeet?? If you do and there was no male to fertilize, the eggs will not hatch.

Yes like Jessika I took it you only have on budgie? :confused: And if you do have another do you know if it's a male you could have two females,females lie eggs with no males or as an only bird let her sit on them for a week or so before taking them away(that is if you know the eggs are not fertilized)how long have you had her?

Jessika
12-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Any news or updates??

Randy
12-04-2005, 08:44 PM
there is a male and a female in the cage so i know the eggs are fertilized.