PDA

View Full Version : Rescued a dog. updated-pictures

sammy101
12-02-2005, 04:48 PM
My mom rescued a dog that has been loose for the past month.My mom finally decided to take him home with her this morning.He's a little thin,but nothing serious.He seems healthy too. We are calling him "Jack". He's a GORGEOUS brindle boy,not neutered.He gets along great with Kodie and Lucy.But we cant keep him.We are leasing and we can only have 2 dogs,and plus we're not sure if we want a third one.He's a very sweet boy and we love him,but we just can keep him. He looks like a lab/catahoula mix. We are taking him to a local rescue in about 15 minutes.Its a very good rescue,and they do adoptions at Petsmart every weekend. :) We are expecting him to be adopted out fast,he's so sweet.
I will have pictures up tonight. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/outside4003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/outside4008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/outside4010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/canadiansam5127/outside4009.jpg

lute
12-02-2005, 04:58 PM
that is wondeful of your mom to take in this dog! you may have saved his life. i hope he gets adopted fast and can't wait to see pics of this cutie!

Alysser
12-02-2005, 05:30 PM
AW! Good job saving such a great dos.

.sarah
12-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes, please do post pics! Good for you and your mom. :)

k9krazee
12-02-2005, 05:57 PM
I can't wait for pics!!!! Good for you guys for taking him in temporarily! :)

sammy101
12-02-2005, 06:35 PM
We're having trouble finding finding a place :( .The place he was supposed to go to today couldnt take them because the lady in charge couldnt make it.But the staff there was helping us finding some one to take him.We're waiting for 2 calls still. Most likely we'll have to keep him over night,and take him tomorrow.We are going to drive around tonight to see if there are any lost signs for him.
poor guy,i feel so bad for him.

Alysser
12-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I am really sorry to hear that! I really hope he finds a shelter that will help him find him the perfect forever home. To bad you can't keep him. HOPE YOU FIND A GOOD RESCUE and GREAT GREAT LUCK!

sammy101
12-02-2005, 09:45 PM
We went out and we thought he would be ok in the laundry room,but he pretty much destroyed the door and some of the wall :eek:.We'll have to re-plasture some of the wall and totally replace the door.My parents are not happy about it,i'm not either.I knew it was a bad idea to leave him home alone. Most likely he'll be going to the rescue tomorrow.

.sarah
12-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Oh my :eek: I'm sorry about what he did to your house!

He is *adorable*!! Sooo gorgeous! I hope he finds a great home :)

Sky57
12-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Oh gosh so sorry about the damage to the house. I hope all will be ok, and I wish for Jack a good new loving home.

vinjashira
12-03-2005, 03:56 AM
he looks like a well-cared dog.. I hope he's owner is looking for him. I hope he's chipped

Alysser
12-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Jack! you were bad! :eek: I'm sorry to the damage to the house. I guess Jack doesn't like being home alone. He is sure VERY beautiful. I hope Kodie doesn't miss him to bad.

RobiLee
12-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Ohhhh, he is sooo handsome! I love his brindle coloring. He looks like a brindle labbie. I so wish that I could keep him myself. He is so handsome. I'm so sorry that he did some damage to the house. I hope you are able to get him into a good rescue place or maybe even a new home. Big thanks to you and your parents for helping him out.

Ginger's Mom
12-03-2005, 07:08 AM
What an interesting looking guy. I hope he finds his home. I am betting he has a family that is looking for him (I hope). It was so good of you to take him in. I am so sorry to hear about your door (unfortunately I can relate).

anna_66
12-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Well of course I LOVE his markings, how could I not with a brindle boy of my own;)
Sorry you had some damage from him, I definately know what that's like to keep an un known dog for a bit and have them tear things up.
Keeping my fingers crossed that he finds a great home, thanks for taking him in!

sammy101
12-03-2005, 08:04 AM
We're going to post signs up today.One of the ladies yesterday said there was a sign up for a lost brindle lab,so we made a few and put them in that neighborhood.We're taking him to the rescue today at 1. Well theres two different ones,but we're taking him to the one where we got Kodie from.If those two dont have room,then there's two other ones here also.
We dont want to take him to the SPCA because we know whats going to happen to him :(,and we refuse to take him there or to any pound.
I hope he has a owner looking for him,but he's been loose for over a month.We havent seen any signs for him so far.

sammy101
12-03-2005, 09:41 AM
look what he did :eek: :eek:

-edit-
we may have a foster mom to take him in!She's full,but she's going to try to get a couple adopted today at Petco :)

k9krazee
12-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Oh my! What a naughty boy Jack!!! He is very handsome though, I really hope he finds a great forever home soon, poor guy...Keep us updated!!!! :)

sammy101
12-03-2005, 02:47 PM
he's now in the care of Twylas Friends (http://www.twyla.org) :) .They dont have any fosters for him yet,so he's staying at a kennel that they're paying for.There was 2 girls there who found an Aussie Shepherd so they came to drop them off with us. I was so sad to see him go but i'm glad he's with a good rescue.hopefully that lady will be able to foster him!

sammy101
12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
The foster could have taken him.I feel bad he has to stay in a kennel,but its better than the streets. :( Poor guy

jackie
12-04-2005, 01:23 PM
I will keep my fingers crossed that he gets adopted into a great home ASAP!

luvofallhorses
12-04-2005, 01:24 PM
he looks like a plott hound. he's gorgeous! :D

I hope he gets adopted, who couldn't want that
sweet babie? :)