PDA

View Full Version : She's HOME!

catnapper
12-02-2005, 11:01 AM
FLutter Butter is home and doing just fine!

She cried her head off in the carrier the whole ride home, and was basically doing back flips to get me to pet her through the tiny holes of the carrier's door. Since it was heavy traffic and lots of red lights, I opened the door to pet her. When she started to think she could climb out, I shut her back in :(

Well, the good news is she looks great! Its not as devastating looking as I thought, and the vet left all the muscle there to act as a counter weight so that she wouldn't experience such a startling difference. Her sister Elfie's vet did not do that, and Flutter "almost" looks like she has a little something coming from the hip.

Bad news (at least to me) is that she's very floppy and uncoordinated. She walks like she's drunk. She stumbles and flops to the side a lot and when she wants to get up and roll over, its very heartbreaking to see. :( but the vet DID say she'd do ths and it would take her a little while to adjust.

I have to say, I LOVE my Harry boy!!! He sniffed her and imediately started to groom his little buddy. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/FluttersHome.jpg
Meanwhile, Allen swatted at her and Poiuncer just was curiously sniffing her (Pouncer won't admit it but I know he loves Flutter :p )

No other photos for the time being. I'm going to go and spend the rest of the day in bed with her (well, she'll be naping and I'll be drawing - a most comfy spot for me! :D :D )

I cannot tell you how happy and relieved I am to have her home and see her doing so well. Thanks to everyone who prayed for her. I know those prayers made the difference!

PS: There is no bandage on the leg itself, but the blue wrapping is around her tummy to protect the pain patch. I leave it on til the 6th, and the vet said I had to return the patch to them for proper disposal since its a controlled substance! :eek: How much medicine must be in that patch?!?

Killearn Kitties
12-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh I'm so glad you have got her home! How sweet is that Harry boy of yours, and to think that only yesterday you were trying to give him away! :eek:

Sky57
12-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Yay its all over! Your vet sounds wonderful - what a difference it makes to ahve a great vet :) Harry is such a good boy. Huggles to Flutter for a speedy and smooth recovery.

catnapper
12-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah, well, Harry's redeemed himself momentarily!

Right now he is standing on top of the carrier, trying to get inside and see what was in there. and in the process, he has shredded several pieces of tissue paper and knocked rolls of wrapping paper and tape off my table the carrier is sitting on. What he doesn't know is that 4 hours from now, HE will be sitting inside that carrier on the way to the vet's for his yearly checkup.... and dare I say it? A couple shots! Bwahahahahaha

Karen
12-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Awww, welcome back home, Flutter Butter! Feel better soon, and tell Momma some of us are just naturally a little clumsier than others, nd that you'll adjust fine in a short time.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Yippie!!! Glad to hear that Flutter is back home!! Don't worry about her walking, she needs time to adjust to the new situation :)

Corinna
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Yaeay for Flutter boo for Harry Mean Mommy ;)

Craftlady
12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Glad Flutter is doing so well after surgery. Poor Harry, he will forgive you later tonight. :)
The control substance patch, any more vets, doctors and dentist have procedures to follow when it comes to those types of pain medications. There are idiot kids and adults out there that would go through trash cans just to find that stuff. As for vets offices they probably have to account for all patches they use thats why they want the old one brought back to them.

carole
12-02-2005, 12:28 PM
I am so relieved for you and Flutter to hear everything went so well and she is doing so good, poor wee girl, she has been through a lot, and now she just needs plenty of rest and love from meowmie. :)

QueenScoopalot
12-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Awwww! So happy Flutter's back, and feeling OK. It will take her a while to adjust, but I'd be willing to bet she'll be tearing around the place in no time flat! Harry makes a very handsome nurse BTW! ;)

Logan
12-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Whew!!!!! So glad she is home and doing ok, Kim. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Yippieeee!!! I'm so glad she's home and doing as well as can be expected. Isn't Harry just a little love for giving her such a warm welcome home? Aaaawwwww.... :D

catnapper
12-02-2005, 01:17 PM
She's happily purring her head off upstairs in bed with Nicki. She hasn't really moved since we've been home. Poor widdle thing is probably too sore to move right now. I can tell she's absolutely thrilled to be home. It makes heart swell knowing that she's completely happy here. It also thrills me to see that Harry missed her and welcomed her home. I've known all along that Harry was attached to the little princess.

catmandu
12-02-2005, 01:25 PM
That Photo of Harry comforting Flutter,is simply one of the nicest Photographs that has been on Pet Talk,this year.
Bar None,it shows Harrys tender side.
Prayers are coming for Flutter,and Pouncer and Mr Scrappy Angel will on hand to lend a paw!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Laura's Babies
12-02-2005, 01:37 PM
I know no one feels the relief that you do but GOD! Am I relieved! I am so thrilled that she is home and doing as good as she is!

Of coarse she is wobbly and falling over! That pain patch probably has her completely zonked out of her head. Once her head is clear, I bet it don't take her no time to figure out how to manage and get around better than she did before. She is going to really enjoy the day in bed with Meowmie and Meowmie needs it as much as she does.

It is wonderful that her brother Harry welcomed her home like he did and it had to have been a wonderful homecoming for her and them. Now they will watch over her until she heals and gets back to normal.

One big PHEW!

Donnaj4962
12-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Welcome home little Flutter Butter! We are all so glad that you are home again and we know that you soon will be feeling better.... after all, what better nurses and caregivers could you have than your meowie and your brothers and sisters???? Take things slow sweetie, and you soon will be running through the house and chasing everyone! Warm thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery little one. We all love you!

catnapper
12-02-2005, 04:25 PM
I feel MUCH better about Flutter already. I tried taking photos for the Christmas photo contest, and she was playing with the ribbon I had l;aid out as a decoration. Then I went downstairs to rally up Harry and Abby for their vet appt. and she ran down the steps after me! Then she climbed up the scratching post :eek: and asked to be fed (which I gladly did) and she used the litterbox. So far, all normal stuff! My baby is gonna be a-ok! But you all knew that, didn't you? ;)

jenluckenbach
12-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Flutter, you GO girl! :D :D

momcat
12-02-2005, 06:58 PM
It's so good to know that you're home, Miss Flutter! With Meowmie, Harry, and all your other fursibs to care for you life will be back to normal in no time. Wanting to eat, using the litterbox, and following Meowmie down the stairs are all very good signs. Be sure to get your beauty rest and take good care of yourself, your PT fans can't wait to see new pictures of you!

kimlovescats
12-02-2005, 07:32 PM
I am so happy and relieved to know that Miss Flutter Butter is back where she belongs!!!! :D

BIG HUGS to Mommy, and very gentle kissies to Flutter! ;)

Kim

DogLover9501
12-02-2005, 09:33 PM
I am SO glad that Flutter is home! I'm sure she'll adjust just fine :)

Laura's Babies
12-02-2005, 11:21 PM
:eek: Up and moving already? Going up and down stairs? Hummmm, sounds like she has figured it out and things are getting back to normal ALREADY! I can't believe it.. I would have thought maybe tomorrow.. but never today!! Got to give her credit, she has spunk! GOOD GOING FLUTTER!!! YAAAAAA!

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm glad to hear that Flutter is home and doing well. I knew she would. :)

orangemm
12-03-2005, 05:36 AM
I worked late yesterday and was wondering all day how you and Flutter made out. What a happy day it must have been for both of you to be together again!!! :) :) :)

And, what better homecoming than big brother Harry being so nice!?

I am so glad she is doing well; isn't it amazing how quickly animals rebound from something traumatic like that? How many humans do you know who performed jumps and leaps 2 days after having a hysterectomy or an amputation? :confused:

Enjoy your special time together. I know she'll just get better every day!

Hugs to you and scritches to Flutter!

smokey the elder
12-03-2005, 08:06 AM
I'm glad Flutter came through the surgery well. Having had a cat go through a similar surgery, I had the exact same fears! But, Smokey did the same things as Flutter did: run up the stairs, beg to be fed, etc. I figured that the pain from the amputation must have been less than that in her poor knee from the tumor.

The only thing you'll need to help her is if she has an itch on that side. I could see Smokey's hip moving when she'd try to scratch herself, so that was time for me to give her a good scritch! :)

K & L
12-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Glad to hear all is well with little Flutter and now you can have some peace of mind. :)

Laura's Babies
12-03-2005, 09:30 AM
OK, I want a today's update! How is she doing this morning?

catnapper
12-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Not much to report today Laura. I've been out of town all day, and she greeted me as I walked through the door demanding food :rolleyes:

I've had a longm exhausting day and am headed to take a late afternoon nap with my little girl before hubby and I head out for our anniversary dinner (5 years ago this weekend we had our first date .... awwwwwww)

rg_girlca
12-03-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Flutter is home and doing so well. That picture of Harry grooming her is just too darn adorable. :)

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary Kim. Hope you have a fabulous dinner with your loved one. :D

lisalee
12-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Welcome Home Flutter! I'm so glad to hear the wonderful news! :D

orangemm
12-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Have a wonderful evening!! At least you can enjoy yourself!