PDA

View Full Version : help!! pregnant dog...i think...

puppieluv
04-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Help!! I got Madison bred in January and she was due March 20. She hasn't had any puppies and... well... since this is her first time, i thought that maybe she didn't take. She didn't get big like there were any puppies inside, but if there were(or still are) there are only one or two. She had a false pregnancy last April, and the vet said get her bred before this April, so we did. But now she is hurting. Very bad. And it maked me sad that i don't know what it is. She acts depressed all of the time. There ae no signs of her having puppies and disposing of them. She is lactating. She has a ton of milk. But there are no puppies. My sister has a dog that is free raoming and she had puppies about 4 or 5 months ago. My mom thinks that maybe Madison did have puppies and Sadie stole them and disposed of them (I keep Madison fenced up). So...I really need help. And so does Madison. I have tried to talk to a vet, but they don't know what is wrong. Help!!:( :confused:

puppydoggirl22
04-01-2002, 08:23 PM
WOW!!!! That must be really scary!! Seeing your dog in such pain.:( Well i dont know how to help you but i wish you and your dog the best of luck. Good Luck!!

manda99
04-01-2002, 08:24 PM
Take her to the vet! She probably needs to be Xrayed to see if there's any [dead] pups inside. Otherwise, I'd say she had them and ate them or another dog did.

sammi
04-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Have you not taken her to the vet yet? Do ASAP. Your vet suggested that you breed her? Are you a experienced dog breeder? I would think you would know if your dog had pups. She dosen't roam free right? I hope you get her to the vet without delay.

Albea
04-02-2002, 12:04 PM
If your vet doesn't know what's wrong with Madison, please, please FIND ANOTHER VET!!! as soon as possible. The poor dog has been in pain for over two weeks:(, how can anybody see her suffering and not do anything about it :mad: :mad: :mad:
And, after you have this situation under control, have her spayed. It's the best gift you can give her to avoid health problems (breast cancer among them)in the future. Why would you want to breed her when the shelters are full of unwanted, abandoned and neglected dogs?:confused:

Dixieland Dancer
04-02-2002, 12:34 PM
You need to find another vet immediately!

My only guess is she has mastitis if she is lactating and it is not getting expressed. Feel around her nipples and if it is hard and like a chunk of hard kurdled cheese, then it is mastitis. This requires antibiotics along with warm compresses and lots of massaging and expressing of the milk.

Albea
04-03-2002, 09:00 AM
Ashley:
Have you found another vet that can help Madison?
Please let us know how she's doing!
We, the members of this cyber family, get very worried when we hear about an animal in distress. :(