PDA

View Full Version : How I know I can let her go...

catnapper
12-01-2005, 04:36 PM
As you all know, I wanted to keep Angel as my own. I thought it would break my heart to let her go. I thought wrong. Her new mom and dad visited the other night. The love of both parties towards each other is apparent. They just glow when they talk about her, and she... well... she is disgustingly sweet with them ;)

New daddy was petting her, and she just had a look of pure ecstacy to her. I shot this photo (it wasn't easy, I basically had to stand on the table to get it! :D ) just after new daddy stopped petting her
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/HappyAngel.jpg

She NEVER looked that happy and content after I pet her! :o

I know it is a match made in heaven -- an Angel for a couple of angels. They are the most wonderful couple. You might remember me glowing about them when they adopted Flutter's sisters.

I will be saying my good bye to Angel next Thursday night (if all goes well with Flutter's sisters -- they have a final vet appointment for their ringworm. If the vet pronounces the girls free of ringworm, they will be picking up their new fuzzy little brat) Yes, I will miss Angel. A lot. But I also will know without a doubt that she will be where she belongs. I know fate when I see it. She was meant to be with them. Instead of being upset, I feel warm and fuzzy inside. My heart swells with joy instead of sorrow. I know I did my job. I loved her first and consider every minute with her a gift.

I learned a lot this past summer with her. I had a very poopy summer with her too ;) In fact, I STILL have diarrhea in this house.... but ya know what? as much as it frustrated me to have vets accuse me of abuse, to have chronic undiagnosed diarrhea... I would NEVER change a day of it.

catmandu
12-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I know that I had a hard decision letting Pouncette and her Babies go,but in the Long Run it was the best thing,as they all have Great Furr Ever Homes.
And I know that you do want the best for Angel,and I amsure that you will be allowed visiting rights.
I wish I could see Pouncette and her Sons.Just once.

Laura's Babies
12-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Now that IS a happy ending! If you could feel that way about all that are leaving your care, what more could you ask for? She does look extreemly happy there, even looks like she is smiling.

AbbyMom
12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Does this mean you passed Fostering 101?

Good luck, little Angel, in your forever home. Your foster mommy does good work.

Did you ask them to send you pictures?

finn's mom
12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
It's been so long since I looked on the cat side, she's so grown up and pretty! :)

Barbara
12-02-2005, 10:22 AM
That is one happy kitty if I ever saw one :D Kim, that sounds simply wonderful :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2005, 10:32 AM
I really admire you for this! You sure are a very good person, and a true petlover! Angel is so lucky to have had you as her fostermom; I am happy for her too that she found such a great forever-family!!
CONGRATS, KIM!!!

Queen of Poop
12-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Good work foster mommy. It takes someone special to make a match that is so absolutely right. I am glad your heart is filled with joy - you've done a great job!! Angel, be sure to thank you foster mommy for all she did for you before you run off to your furever home. You are one very lucky kitty.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Does this mean you passed Fostering 101?
Well......considering this is the one and only "foster" to make it out of Kim's house.....I'm not quite sure about her passing. Maybe a D- instead? ;)

She sure does look relaxed and happy after all the attention from her new daddy. Do I see another daddy's girl in the making here?

Now, if all adoptions could be this perfect. :)

catnapper
12-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Well......considering this is the one and only "foster" to make it out of Kim's house.....I'm not quite sure about her passing. Maybe not a D- insteaed? ;)

Hey, could I at least get a C?

After all, I had FOUR adoptions this kitten season! Beau (remember that handsome buff boy?) Minette (yay!) and then Flutter's sisters! And Angel makes my fifth adoption... so I think I might even be able to receive a B! :D LOL

DogLover9501
12-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Kim, Angel looks so content in that picture :)

Everytime I see her I want you to send her to me :p Her new parents sound wonderful, though! She definatly looks happy.

smokey the elder
12-03-2005, 08:19 AM
You've discovered the secret of fostering, not understood by the uninitiated! ;) That the products of your loving and possibly rehabilitation will have a furrever home, that's purrfect!

rg_girlca
12-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Awwww, now that is one happy looking kitty. Kim I am so glad that you were able to find such a great forever home for precious Angel. I know how much you are going to miss her, but congratulations on her adoption. I know it wasn't easy for you to do.
So, I give you at least a B+ for this one. :D

I'm sure going to miss seeing your sweet face Angel and seeing you grow up into a fine lady.

Hopefully her new meowmie and daddy will stay in touch with you Kim and keep you posted on how Angel is doing and especially if they could send you pictures of her for you to share with us. :)