PDA

View Full Version : What a compliment! :D

Kfamr
12-01-2005, 03:03 PM
This just really lifted my spirits last night.

I went to Wal-Mart to get some of my photos printed. After running my order thru the machine I shopped a bit. Around 5-10 minutes later they called my name over the loudspeaker asking me to come to the photo center.

They were going to ask my if the photos were professional (just in case I was getting copies of someone else's work) However, the girl who worked there remembered me and gave them to me.

May be silly to the rest of you... Having you all call my photos professional, family/friends complimenting me on them is one thing. But, having an overall stranger telling me they look professional/good is another. It just was great to me. :D

Samantha Puppy
12-01-2005, 03:04 PM
That's awesome Kay. Now maybe you'll believe the rest of us when we say how great they are too. :P

ramanth
12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
That's really cool Kay! :D

Glad you took it positively though and that someone recognized you. I've had friends turned away because their pictures looked too professional.

Guess you have to take crappy photos to have them printed up. :rolleyes: :p

Jessika
12-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah that's happened to me before and they refused to print my pictures!!! :( I had to go someplace else... Its annoying but a compliment at the same time haha

caseysmom
12-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Kay, your pictures are the best I have seen, you need to start a business.

lv4dogs
12-01-2005, 03:33 PM
You should of told them "yes, they were professionally done, by me" (you).

Your pics do rock!

Anita Cholaine
12-01-2005, 03:44 PM
That's cool, Kay!! :) I love your photos, I really think they are awesome.....

finn's mom
12-01-2005, 04:47 PM
That's a huge compliment! Wow! I had a picture refused from Dog Fancy once (of my RB boy, Bruno) because they wouldn't take "professional photos." It is the ultimate compliment when you're trying to make a difference (even if it's just in your own life) with your art. Good job!

Lobodeb
12-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Having you all call my photos professional, family/friends complimenting me on them is one thing. But, having an overall stranger telling me they look professional/good is another. It just was great to me. :D

So, what, are we chopped liver, or something? :D Just kidding.

That's huge. For someone to go out of their way like that does make a person feel all warm and tingly inside. Like Jaime said, now maybe you'll believe us!

.sarah
12-01-2005, 06:55 PM
That's such a great compliment! We print ours at home so I've never had a stranger say things like that. But, we (my mom and I are a team ;) ) were asked to be the official photographer for an event that included our Governer's wife. It was *very* exciting and the pictures were in the newspaper and local magazines!

If you really love taking pictures I think you should go for it ... those pictures from Utah were absolutely gorgeous!

KYS
12-01-2005, 07:08 PM
That is a compliment.
You might consider taking up photography in college. :)

Cataholic
12-01-2005, 07:35 PM
You really DO have an eye for things, Kay...

runs off to find the pictures from Utah...

anna_66
12-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Now will you belive us;):p

sandragonfly
12-01-2005, 08:25 PM
looks like we have went to the same wal-mart! ;)

just few months ago, I went there to have a 8x10 printed of crayola (the one you see below in my sigga) .. along with few other 4x6s of cats.

when I came back, they asked me if these were from me with :eek: on their faces, I smiled & nodded. but until I saw the 8x10 was not what I expected for, crayola's forehead and paws were cropped really bad! as well as few others. so I asked them to shred them but the other woman just came in back from her break, "oh that's yours? I love them!"

well I assume the man who was walking to the shredder told her I didn't want them anymore - she jumped a little, "oh! oh..can I have it.... the one of the dog? please???" (her hands was 'praying') - I thought why not, and she even wanted to have my signature on the back of photo.. how nice is that!

well, I'm sure kay have believed some of you.. but hearing them soo many times, compared to one-time from a stranger.. is a wow! ;) and kay, :D for you.

catnapper
12-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Kay, thats AWESOME! You should feel proud!

cyber-sibes
12-01-2005, 08:35 PM
What a nice compliment! Chalk it up as one more of your talents, Kay! ;)

gemini9961
12-01-2005, 08:57 PM
We told you Kay. :D

Laura's Babies
12-01-2005, 10:36 PM
I had taken some pictures in to another store to have developed and selected some to be blown up. The pictures were of my sisters great grand daughter and she was about 18 months old then. A little dark skinned oriental looking BEAUTIFUL girl and I put fabric behind her with sunflowers on it, had fake sunflowes all around and made her head piece of sunflowers. The photo's come out beautiful and they asked me for permission to blow several up for them to display in the store... hayyyyyy! That was about the best compliment I ever got on any of my pictures!

One of the pic's Teresa Talia Phan
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/TeresaTalia.jpg

I really think the reason they came out so great was the one in front of the camera and nothing to do with the one behind it!

Kfarmr, show us some of those great professional ones you took!

slleipnir
12-01-2005, 11:36 PM
I had someone say that once too me too..they said "sorry we can't print that" haha.

K9karen
12-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Been tellin ya that for years, Mz. Kay!Can't remember then name of the guy who made a photo book of his gorgeous Weimers in costumes and odd poses..but they are awesome.
Need a manager? You really need to show off your photos. Hey! Let's do lunch....... :D

Pawsitive Thinking
12-02-2005, 07:00 AM
See! We do know what we're talking about! :D