PDA

View Full Version : Cat of the year (I know, what's this doing in Dog General)

Lady's Human
12-01-2005, 01:30 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10001228/

The Cat of the year is a Dog. I agree with the article, this is probably the only funeral for a pup that's been attended by 300 cats.

CathyBogart
12-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Aw, no, I didn't know Ginny had passed....what a wonderful dog she was! Play hard at the Bridge with all your kitty friends Ginny, you're missed down here.

cyber-sibes
12-01-2005, 01:43 PM
:( *wipes away tear*
I saw the Animal Planet show about her a couple of times, she had an extrodinary life! Condolences to Philip, I can't imagine how much he'll miss her. She was truly one of a kind. I'll bet that will be one heck of a eulogy. Rest peacefully at the bridge, sweet Ginny. God bless you! You were such an inspiration.

Killearn Kitties
12-01-2005, 02:05 PM
What an amazing story! Beautiful dog too. That is a great picture of the cat snuggling up to Ginny. :D

K9soul
12-01-2005, 02:09 PM
I remember reading about that dog, I think there's a book about her isn't there? I'm pretty sure I read about her in one of the chicken soup books too. What a sweetheart. She certainly will be missed :(

moosmom
12-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Ginny, who I had the pleasure of meeting a few years back, is a wonderful dog who rescued cats. It's not something she was trained to do, she just had this nack. She was rescued from the pound by her human and the rest is history. There are a couple of books out about her. Check out google or yahoo and type in Ginny the Dog. You can read about her there.

RIP Ginny.

Killearn Kitties
12-01-2005, 04:32 PM
You met this celebrity? Well please tell us about that! :D

Muddy4paws
12-02-2005, 08:07 AM
You can leave it like that Moosmom,tell us about her please!!:p

She sounds like an amazing dog she had a gift