PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please for my Dad

Donnaj4962
12-01-2005, 12:50 PM
We found out yesterday that my Dad has prostate cancer. He is 75, and lives a very active and fairly healthy life. Our family is devastated because we went through something similiar in 1991 with my Mother, when she was diagnosed with colon cancer. The great news is that she survived! And we are hoping and praying that Dad's recovery will go as well. If you could, would you take a moment to say a prayer for my Dad? He is a wonderful man. He and my Mother have been married 54 years, they raised 5 dauhters, and they have 27 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren, and there is a set of twin great-grandchildren on the way! He goes to have a catscan next week, and then to the oncologist on December 22. The cat scan will help to see if the cancer has spread, and then help to determine treatment. I know that PT prayers have helped in the past both with humans and our beloved pets, and I know that your good thoughts and well wishes can help my Dad. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! Thank you in advance. Donna

CountryWolf07
12-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I will keep you in my thoughts. Prayers go out. :)

poofy
12-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I will sure say a prayer for your Dad, my dad had it at about that age and he is fine now..so hang in there, so glad your mother came thur good..my dad raised 8 kids and has over 60 something grandkids, and i dont know how many greatgrand kids..there is always hope.. :)

Miss Z
12-01-2005, 01:15 PM
You and your dad are in my thoughts.

Daisy and Delilah
12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Donna, PT prayers are coming to you, your Dad and your whole family from Terry, Daisy, and Delilah in Florida. It sounds like you have a wonderful family. We're keeping our hopes high that Dad will be just fine :)

carole
12-01-2005, 01:44 PM
I have heard prostate cancer has a very good survival rate, I am so sorry to hear this about your dad, and can well understand how scarey it is for you all, have faith and I am sending positive vibes from across the ocean to help your Dad make a good and speedy recovery,Take care and fingers and paws crossed here that all will be well.

Laura's Babies
12-01-2005, 02:10 PM
I have already said a prayer for your Dad. Lets hope they got it early and can treat it with minimal effort.

This shows the IMPORTANCE of cancer screening! There never was any cancer in our family anywhere until my oldest brother got it. He died 6 years later and with in 5 years after his death, our Mother died with it...Colon cancer, both of them. So we have been having that colon test every since and they have already found precancerous polyups in me and my sister so not we have to have it more often.

These test are inconvient and uncomfortabe but so is dying of this disease so I'll have that test whenever they tell me I need it.

GET SCREENED! It could save you life!

Donnaj4962
12-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Thank you all so much for your suppport and prayers!

Laura's Babies.... my sisters and I all get a colonoscopy each year! And so far, all of us have been "clean"! Before we each turned 40, we did the "poop" test. Sadly, we have cancer on both sides of our family, as my maternal grandfather died of cancer as did my paternal grandmother. Now my Mother is a cancer survivor and Dad has it.... and we are praying that he, too, will be a survivor! Also, Dad had absolutely no symptoms prior to the diagnosis. He went in for his yearly bloodwork and his PSA level was elevated to 8.67 (baseline is 5). His doctor sent him for a biopsy based on the PSA level. So... YES, it is important, even if one is feeling fine, to have the yearly bloodwork and physicals, as this is what helped to find the cancer in my Dad. My Mom was diagnosed after having an infected blackhead removed. When she went in to have her stitches removed, the doctor asked her if she was having any other problems, and she said that she had been having a slight problem with her bowels being regular. He immediately sent her for a colonoscopy and they found the cancer. Mom had an appt. with her doctor to discuss the bowel issues, but that was scheduled for the week after her stitches removal, so they found it a week earlier than they would have.

Please, folks, encourage your loved ones to be tested, even if there is no history of cancer in the family. Mammograms, bloodwork, colonoscopies.... all can be life saving techniques. Yes, they are uncomfortable, but Laura's Babies is right, they can save your life.

Thank you again for the prayers and well wishes for my Dad. He and Mom will be flying to Indiana next week (from Florida) for the family Christmas next wekend. I will be flying down to Florida (from Indiana) to spend Christmas with them. It will be wonderful to see both of them. I am the youngest, and very close to both of them. They are wonderful people and I love spending time with them!

Pawsitive Thinking
12-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Dads are precious - will pray for yours

Felix
12-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Keeping your dad in our thoughts and prayers.

Karen
12-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Prayers for your Dad are on their way.

Vela
12-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Prayers for your Dad and your family that it won't be very seroius and he will have a full recovery. Stay postitive, there is often a good outcome.

ramanth
12-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Many healing vibes for your dad.

tatsxxx11
12-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Heartfelt prayers are on the way for you and your Dad, Donna. Dads are very special and we want yours around for a long time to come!:) Please let us know how he's doing. {{{HUGS}}}

Love, Sandra

K9soul
12-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Your dad will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Thankfully there are a lot of things they can do that are often successful in treating prostate cancer, the outlook is often positive, especially if caught fairly early. Don't lose hope!