PDA

View Full Version : Dog Food - Good Enough For Humans To Eat

elizabethann
12-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Hmmmm.....Not sure if I'd try it but I may get Fenway a can.

LOS ANGELES -- Actor Dick Van Patten is hawking a new dog food he says is good enough for people to eat. And he should know -- he's tried it.

The "Eight Is Enough" star recently sampled the "Irish stew" recipe at a media luncheon. His verdict: "Not too bad."

Van Patten is lending his name and likeness to the new dog food formula that claims to be indistinguishable from a home-cooked meal for humans.

"Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Eatables for Dogs" also comes in such flavors as spaghetti and meatballs, hobo chili and Chinese takeout.

.sarah
12-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Mandy and Nova are on his food and they *LOVE* it!!

Kind of wierd that he tried it, though...

areias
12-01-2005, 11:36 AM
That's wonderful, but, I wonder how nutritious it is...

Jessika
12-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Mandy and Nova are on his food and they *LOVE* it!!

Kind of wierd that he tried it, though...

Then how else would he be able to say that its good enough for humans to eat?? ;)

Anyway from what I've heard its pretty nutritious. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
here (http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/) is a link to Natural Balance. Bitsy eats one of the allergy formulas of Natural Balance. It's a nice food.

bckrazy
12-01-2005, 08:18 PM
I would seriously barf if I tried dog food, just the idea is ewww to me... Even though Gonzo's food (EVO) is probably made with much better ingredients than most junk food for people.

I also buy his food rolls. I cut them up into tiny pieces and use it as training treats, awesome brand ^.^

.sarah
12-01-2005, 08:26 PM
I also buy his food rolls. I cut them up into tiny pieces and use it as training treats, awesome brand ^.^
I do that too. Everyone at the training facility I attend calls it "Doggy crack" lol. I haven't seen a dog turn it down yet!

bckrazy
12-01-2005, 08:30 PM
I do that too. Everyone at the training facility I attend calls it "Doggy crack" lol. I haven't seen a dog turn it down yet!

LOL! Yeah, when I bring the roll out Gonzo knows its training time. ^_~ he barely even looks at milkbones anymore.