PDA

View Full Version : sammy yelps

dab_20
11-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Sammy pooped twice in the house today, and I noticed he yelps when he tries to poop. What's wrong? :confused:

poofy
11-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Think hes trying to tell you he needs out or is it after or while hes pooping???

dab_20
11-30-2005, 10:15 PM
while hes pooping.

.sarah
11-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Actually, to me, it sounds like something is hurting him. Maybe he's slightly constipated and it's just hurting him to poop. Maybe something is hurting him to curve his back when he poops. I noticed the past few days Nova has been trying to poop without curving her back so much because she got spayed and I guess it hurts for her to be in that position. If he continues, I'd take him to the vet.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-30-2005, 10:21 PM
It could be impacted anal glands from him straining to use the bathroom. Like Sarah said, if it goes on I'd take him to the vet. When Adele was younger she would wolf down her food without chewing any of it, she'd literally swallow her kibble whole.

I soaked her food in water until she started chewing which might help (for some reason, when she was about 1 year old she begin to eat like a normal dog- we think she didn't have enough to eat before we got her poor thing was so skinny and had coccidia). Hope Sammy feels better soon!

Jessika
11-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Constipation was going to be one suggestion, but also is it solid or runny?? Or is he possibly straining so much its hurting to come out (which would rule in with constipation, I suppose). Another thing it could be, if he had diarrhea, was that he could have 'ripped' or 'torn' his anus, causing it to be painful when he went?? I don't know, I'd keep an eye on him and definitely bring him to the vet if it persists.

dab_20
11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
thanks everyone. his poops are normal. well he is getting his second set of shots in the next week, so i will ask them about it. also he has a blackish/red cut on his eye. i am afraid he really cut it and needs medicine or somethin so we will ask them about that too.