PDA

View Full Version : I need a hug....

catnapper
11-30-2005, 02:16 PM
:( Flutter is at the vet being prepped for tomorrow's surgery. I heard them mention putting on a pain patch... owie. I knew it was going to hurt, but putting on a pain patch now, 24 hours before the surgery? I'm just sick thinking about how much this will hurt her. :( :(

I have so many portraits to do for work, but I came home and fell asleep because thats all I could think about. I now feel drained. I am emotionless one minute, overwhelmed emotionally the next minute. I can't concentrate, and I have a hard time focusing.... both mental focus and visual focus. I think I "broke my eyeballs" from all the crying. :( Why is this hurting me so bad? :( I keep telling myself over and over again that its all for the best, but my heart doesn't believe it.

I won't know how she is until tomorrow night, and won't be able to pick her up until Friday. The next 48 hours is going to KILL me! :(

Please, hold my hand til I hear how she is, til I see her little girly face? Til I hear her sweet little squeaky meow of complaint? I MISS HER ALREADY!!!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Oh Kim, my heart goes out to you. {{{hugs}}}

I know it's hard, but the best thing for you is to immerse yourself in your work. Try to get your mind off what's happening to your sweet little Flutter and before you know it the surgery will be over and she'll be on her way to healing and being better than ever.

{{{hugs}}}

Glacier
11-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Sending hugs to both you and Flutter.

Re: the early pain patch. I have a dog who needs pain meds for an unexplained soft tissue problem. She only needs them after a long run. My vet told me to give her the meds before the run, not after. That way the pain never kicks in and Pingo never has to feel lousy while she waits for her medicine to work. Maybe your vet is thinking something with Flutter?

PJ's Mom
11-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Hugs and good wishes to you and Flutter from Texas. She's got all of PT pulling for her. She's gonna be just fine. :)

carole
11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Aww Kim i understand completely how you are feeling right now,and I wish I were nearby to give you a real hug, but know in your heart you are doing the right thing and the best for Flutter, but yes I understand how those emotions build up inside and make you feel,when you see her improve and get well, then you will feel much better, until then hang on in there sweetie, Flutter knows you are helping her,animals sense things and you know that.

Wishing all the best for wee Flutter and that she will make a quick and good recovery and her pain will be eased ,and to you Kim A GIANT HUG and lots of love and I hope you will feel a bit better too once Flutter is on her way to being well again. :)

Laura's Babies
11-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Kim, I would be in the same shape you are in right now if it were one of mine!

Why not try to draw a picture of her as YOUR EYES of YOUR HEART see her and will always see her and put in it all the love you have for her (with some of all of ours). It will give you something to focus on, come from your heart and hopefully release your pain... Or write her a letter or poem...

If all else fails, just go to bed and cry some more. Cry until you can not cry anymore and we will cry with you and for you. Your pain is our pain too and I hope you can feel the cyber hugs and love we are sending you and hope it can comfort you.

I will pray for pretty Flutter Luv Bug, that her pain is small and recovery is fast and soon she will be back in her Mommies arms to comfort her! WE ARE HERE if you need us. If you need to talk, PM me your phone number and I will call you. ((((HUGS)))) Laura

K & L
11-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Good luck to both you and Flutter. I think these things are harder on us sometimes than them. Will be anxious to hear how things went. Hang in there.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 03:13 PM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20940%20hug.gif to you, Kim!!! It is so hard to let your cat behind at the vet's; and in Flutter's case it must be extra hard!Lots of extra big hugs to you:
1) from me and my family: http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20986%20grouphug.gif
2) and from me personally!!:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

orangemm
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
All of us will be thinking of and praying for Flutter; just remember you are doing this for her, so she will be more comfortable. It's hard dealing with it, but remember we are here for you.

Hugs and prayers (((((hugs))))

QueenScoopalot
11-30-2005, 06:31 PM
More ((HUGS)) coming your way Kim. Flutter will do just fine. Plenty of special needs kitties here, and even after eyes have been enucleated, and limbs removed, it's amazing how fast they bounce back. ;) She'll be tearing around the place in less than a week I'll bet. :)

kimlovescats
11-30-2005, 07:29 PM
((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Kim ... I can imagine what you are feeling, and it's all normal!!! We mommies are the world's best worriers! ;) I will pray that Miss Flutter Butter does fine and is back to herself in no time. I'm sure she will be!

(((((more hugs)))))))

Kim

catmandu
11-30-2005, 10:31 PM
We All Send You A Greta Big Hug,and The Best Wishes For Flutter.
And There Will Be Pet Talker Angels There 24/7 To Be With Flutter And Comfort Her.
You Are Such A Good Cat Guardian.

Killearn Kitties
12-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Sending my best wishes for sweet Flutter this morning! I'll be thinking of her and you. :)

jenluckenbach
12-01-2005, 04:52 AM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

catnapper
12-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Thanks everyone for the huigs. I need them!

I dreamt HORRIBLY last night -- al dreams of crying and hissing cats with all means of deformities and mean attitudes. :( Today is going to be a loooongg day until I am able to hear from the vet that she did wonderfully and is awake & resting.

furrykidsmother
12-01-2005, 08:23 AM
You and Flutter are in my thoughts and prayers. Will be looking for a great update from you.

(((Hugs)))

Laura's Babies
12-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Any word yet or is it to early? I am on pins and needles waiting.....

catnapper
12-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Laura, thanks for asking. You think you're on pins and needles, imagine what I'm like!

I just called, and she has not gone into surgery yet. They think she'll go in around 3:00 my time (its 12:30 now) another two and half hours before she goes under, and then they said to give them an hour after surgery starts to call to check on how it went.

Something in the back of my mind keeps screaming: stop them! Tell them you're coming to get her and she does NOT need the surgery! :( I keep telling myself that its for her own good. So she doesn't bang and hurt her leg, so it doesn't get cut open on a near daily basis. I know if I had a boo boo that I kept cutting open, I would not like it. So I keep telling myself, this is a good thing for her. But my heart is screaming for me to rush over there and kidnap her away in the next 2 hours. :( I am driving my self crazy!

I can tell the kitties miss her, especially Harry. Even Abby is missing her. I'm trying not to think about how Angel is running around the house looking for her.... because that only breaks my heart more knowing Angel is leaving me next Thursday for her own forever home... will Flutter do the same for Angel next week? :(

I am so over fostering! This kitten season has broken my heart a million times over. Perhaps I just love them all too much.

Donnaj4962
12-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Awww, Kim, as I read your thread, I can only imagine what you are going through. You will feel so much better once you hear that she is awake and doing well. I am sending you LOTS of hugs and warm wishes and prayers that her recovery is short and speedy and she is soon loving you and all of your other wonderful little furry ones.

carole
12-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Kim I so hope this day passes quickly and that you can put your mind at ease and that Flutter will do just fine, I know it is going to be a long and emotionally draining day for you, and I really feel for you, I wish I could be there to help you through the day and re-assure you, that all will be well, if its any consolation Kim I have myself in a tizz about getting my neighbours cat spayed next week, already my stomach is churning just thinking about it, and that is a pretty standard op, I just worry something won't go right, so from one worry wart to another, cheer up sweetie, I know its tough, but it will get better as Flutter does, Take care and HUGS galore to you.

Laura's Babies
12-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I know how I fell in love with L&L and then Wally and Marty and how Chester grieved when M&W left. He STILL goes in that room looking for them and calls for them and it has been almost a year now. I don't cry anymore for them but they left a empty spot in my heart that will be a long time healing. That is why I know I could never foster... for what it does to me and my other fur kids. It is so sad when they miss them, even sadder than when we miss them.

I will be checking later to see if you have heard from them.. (I know that wanting to run and grab them and bring them home... that is exactly how I was when Amy got her spaying.)

Flutter Luv Bug, we are praying and pulling for you little girl!

orangemm
12-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I've been thinking about this baby all day and she and YOU are in my thougts and prayers.

Please let us know how she is.

jenluckenbach
12-01-2005, 03:31 PM
It's 4:30, any word yet?

DogLover9501
12-01-2005, 03:32 PM
(((((Kim))))), I'll be thinking of you and Flutter. Please update when you can!

lv4dogs
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Just sending good thoughts before I leave for the night.

Come on Flutter you can do it! :D

catnapper
12-01-2005, 03:42 PM
She still hasn't gone for surgery. I called 20 minutes ago and they said she's next. They said I can call around 5:30 tonight to see how she is doing.

catnapper
12-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Ok, I just called and they are finishing up the surgery. Dr. K is performing the surgery, and well, the man is a god among vets. I fell soooo much better knowing he's the one who is doing the surgery.

I will call to bother them later tonight to make sure she woke up from the anesthesia. Then I get to call tomorrow morning after 8:30 (which you all know means 8:31 ;) ) Then I'll get to pick up my little Flutter Butter and take her home. I am soooo happy to hear the surgery went well (at least until the point I called - they did say they were finishing up)

My porr little girl - its all over now. I don't know whether to be sad or relieved.

Craftlady
12-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Glad to read everything went well with her surgery. I'm sure she will be sleeping off the effects of surgery and with help of pain meds have a comfortable night.

caseysmom
12-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Be relieved, she won't have the hindrance of a useless leg, she will be more free, you did the right thing.

You mean they won't let you sleep there...hehe :D

catnapper
12-01-2005, 05:09 PM
I must have made an impression on the poor vet techs with my dozen calls today.... I just got a call from the vet. He said he's done, and she did great. He said the tube is out and she's already starting to wake up. He said she'll most likely go right back to sleep and sleep clear through the night.

He did warn me that it looks pretty gruesome and that I will be shocked at her "little naked chicken wing"

Did I tell you what a great vet he is?

Big exhale.... WHEW!

caseysmom
12-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Well thank goodness that is over. Healing vibes are being sent her way.

jenluckenbach
12-01-2005, 06:03 PM
APPLAUSE!!! :D She can start her new life tomorrow morning! :D :D

Laura's Babies
12-01-2005, 06:27 PM
My eyes are filled with tears of RELIEF!!!! PRAISE GOD! PHEW! Now I will relax a little bit and save one more gray hair from growing in from worry.... to go with the already dozen I have grown today!

I am looking forwards to tomorrow morning and you getting to bring her home! I can't believe they are letting you bring her home so soon :eek: ! Be sure to ask about pain meds for her to bring home JUST in case she needs them.

Little Flutter Bug, Good Girl for doing so good! Now heal up fast without giving Meowmie a heart attack by ripping and running through the house. She is going to worry about you far more than you are going to worry about yourself. I am betting it will only be a matter of minutes before you know what you can and can't do. Give Meowmie time to adjust please.

Logan
12-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Kim, I've been away for over a week and didn't see this post until this morning. I'm so relieved that the surgery is over now and she is ok. She will be fine, I promise! My daughter has a cat, Jack, at her dad's house, and she found him when he was about 5 months old and he was dragging one of his front legs. The vet said it was too far gone to heal and it was amputated. Jack has done beautifully! He is WAY too fat, but he gets around great and seems to have never missed that leg a bit.

Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and Flutter.

Logan

orangemm
12-01-2005, 07:37 PM
I couldn't go to bed tonight without checking in first to see what has happened. Thank goodness it's over and I'm glad you got the vet you obviously trust the most! He must be very special if you think this highly of him.

You'll be able to see your sweet girl tomorrow and bring her home; she will be so relieved to be back with meowmie!!! (and you will be overcome, I'm sure)

TRY to get some rest. Flutter is in good hands.

((((hugs))))